Milan vs. Napoli 1/26/19
(01-26-2019, 09:22 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Calhanoglu has been the best player on the pitch

I wouldn’t personally go that far. He’s given the ball away on more occasions than I’d prefer. However he has been good, especially when he gets closer to the middle of the field. He is so clearly better suited for an AM position than on the flank, where he just doesn’t have skillset needed to be an effective winger.
(01-26-2019, 09:26 PM)Ryo Wrote: That said, we've been holding our own quite well.

I think we've been the better team, to be honest. A solid performance so far, excited for the 2nd half.
(01-26-2019, 09:23 PM)honsano Wrote: Calhagnoglu looks better with pacqueta. Defensively we are pretty solid just need to be careful with cheap give aways from our midfielders just out of the box. Im hoping suso gets in the game a bit more.

Yes and that was same last year with bonaventura, hakan alone is alone on wing when bonaventura don't play. Most of time Hakan i alone with 2 opponent players and Romdriges is at center so. Hakan don't have other then put ball back... Now Hakan have more freedom because Paqeta is there to cover him on wing so he can go little in the middle behind Cutrone and it looks much better then when he is alone
I really hope that Leo and Maldini can find the funds to sign Bakayoko on a permanent deal. If you follow him on social media it is clear that he likes his time at the club, and IMHO he is by far our best midfielder. He is turning into the perfect box-to-box player for us.
I just had a thought... we should try switching Hakan and Paqueta's position in the second half.
His attacking nature seems a bit more suited for that role against Malcuit, who doesn't seem that quick or that reactive either.
Not to mention I think Paqueta's pace and trickery would get him out of trouble easier on the wing than Hakan would.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Very even game across the board. We are getting compact when Napoli has the ball and not giving them much.

Paqueta has done well apart from that one careless giveway on top of our box.

Calhanoglu was decent, but again, not a winger. When it's time and opportunity for him to go forward at pace or take a player on, he just can't do it.

We need more help from the fullbacks when we attack. We lose the width completely on the left, while on the right Calabria bare gets the ball from suso on the overlap. The couple times he did, he created a dangerous situation.

I have a feeling 1 goal will settle this. Let's hope we can get it.
(01-26-2019, 09:31 PM)Ryo Wrote: I just had a thought... we should try switching Hakan and Paqueta's position in the second half.
His attacking nature seems a bit more suited for that role against Malcuit, who doesn't seem that quick or that reactive either.
Not to mention I think Paqueta's pace and trickery would get him out of trouble easier on the wing than Hakan would.

I’d like to see that as well, it would be interesting.
(01-26-2019, 09:27 PM)Nicolas Wrote: I wouldn’t personally go that far. He’s given the ball away on more occasions than I’d prefer. However he has been good, especially when he gets closer to the middle of the field. He is so clearly better suited for an AM position than on the flank, where he just doesn’t have skillset needed to be an effective winger.

he's created the most
(01-26-2019, 09:31 PM)Nicolas Wrote: I really hope that Leo and Maldini can find the funds to sign Bakayoko on a permanent deal. If you follow him on social media it is clear that he likes his time at the club, and IMHO he is by far our best midfielder. He is turning into the perfect box-to-box player for us.

a must
(01-26-2019, 09:33 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: he's created the most

Yes perhaps, but he has also lost the ball several times, and he has been outmuscled on occasions as well. Don’t get me wrong he has been good, but I just think Bakayoko’s performance so far has been better.