Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19
(02-03-2019, 11:08 PM)Nicolas Wrote: How would that limit work in this case? If Suso was offside, then there was no penalty. If Suso wasn’t offside, then there was a clear penalty. Whether or not he was offside is the key point.

VAR can not call the ref to tell him it was offside, the ref and linesman can not ask for it either. It is a decision of ref and linesman if Suso was offside.

There is even more limits on VAR too, it needs to be "clear and obvious error" for VAR to be involved at all, on any of their decisions.
(02-03-2019, 11:12 PM)reza Wrote: There is even more limits on VAR too, it needs to be "clear and obvious error" for VAR to be involved at all, on any of their decisions.

Clear and obvious like that penalty

Fuck Serie A
(02-03-2019, 11:12 PM)reza Wrote: VAR can not call the ref to tell him it was offside, the ref and linesman can not ask for it either. It is a decision of ref and linesman if Suso was offside.

There is even more limits on VAR too, it needs to be "clear and obvious error" for VAR to be involved at all, on any of their decisions.

Interesting, my understanding of the mechanics are a little different. So you mean that whether or not Suso was offside before he was fouled should have no bearing on whether or not a penalty should be awarded?
I think If suso scored they could have checked for offside. Since he was pulled down they can only tell if he was fouled. Otherwise there would be no limit to how far they could look back into the play in question to see if there was a missed call that could have invalidated the play.
Summarized we didn't deserve to win today. We were simply bad and fortuned not have lost.the positive is only the keeper.
If the ref and linesman on their own without VAR feel a offside happened of course they can say no penalty.

I am sure you can find more examples where you are right about the execution of it but on paper VAR should not apply like you described. I guess it is up to UEFA/FIFA/leagues/refs to clarify it, I think on paper it is clear.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheMilanBible...1764789248
(02-03-2019, 11:34 PM)xudong Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheMilanBible...1764789248

Imagine that
Bad refrees in Serie A is like sunny weather in California, that's just how it is and shouldn't surprise anyone any more. There was a good reason Serie A went from the top of the football world to the second tier league it is today, and shit like this is a major contributing factor.
Cutrone doesn't get enough minutes now with Piatek on fire.this ain't good.