Rafael Leao
(08-12-2019, 05:24 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Comparisons like this are usually the first step on the road to failure...

Send him to rehab?
Proper players can handle the comparisons and still succeed. Look how many people compared Messi to Maradona.
Every good player gets compared to top players, the one that are truly talented and have a strong mentality should get where they need to be the same
(08-12-2019, 05:24 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Comparisons like this are usually the first step on the road to failure...

Exactly
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
(08-12-2019, 03:39 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Sporting's youth team manager Tiago Fernandes on Rafael Leao: "He has the quality to play for any club in Europe. Only Cristiano Ronaldo had his same talent as a teenager here at Sporting. I've coached a lot of players and Leao was the best of them."

I'll say what I said on facebook...
Tiago wasn't at the club when talents like Cristiano and Quaresma were around. To add to that, Sporting has had even more talented youth players who have amounted to nothing.
It's not as simple as "having talent". Look at Quaresma as an example. Ricardo was more talented then Cristiano yet one is a Ballon D'Or winner and the other is in Turkey...
(08-12-2019, 05:56 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Proper players can handle the comparisons and still succeed. Look how many people compared Messi to Maradona.
Every good player gets compared to top players, the one that are truly talented and have a strong mentality should get where they need to be the same

That's the key! I'd also add that young talented players should be ignoring these comparisons
As Calciomercato.com’s Daniele Longo reports, Leao is set to switch agents from Nelson Almeida to the super-agent Jorge Mendes, who is known for having all the big Portuguese prospects. The switch should materialize in November, Longo adds in the replies.

(10-09-2019, 07:16 AM)mazen111 Wrote: As Calciomercato.com’s Daniele Longo reports, Leao is set to switch agents from Nelson Almeida to the super-agent Jorge Mendes, who is known for having all the big Portuguese prospects. The switch should materialize in November, Longo adds in the replies.

If true it probably means Wolverhampton will try to buy him in January.
(10-09-2019, 08:42 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: If true it probably means Wolverhampton will try to buy him in January.

He's too good for Wolves...

I'd add that he was trying to get Mendes to represent him after the Sporting debacle but Mendes wasn't interested in getting involved in all that. (rumours-how true they were? who knows)
Wtf Reza.. hahahahhahahaah