Ante Rebic
(10-16-2019, 02:18 PM)mazen111 Wrote: 'Rebic lost his Milan gamble'
Football Italia
2 Hours Ago

Eintracht Frankfurt chairman Wolfgang Steubing claims Ante Rebic has already “lost” his Milan gamble, “and it won’t get any easier for him.”

Rebic was a regular for Eintracht in his three seasons with the club, winning a DFB-Pokal and playing in the Europa League semi-finals, while earning a spot in the Croatia squad that finished runners-up at the 2018 World Cup.

However, the ex-Fiorentina forward chose to trade all that for a return to Italy with Milan, who are currently rebuilding.

“Honestly, I don’t know what to say,” Steubing told Bild, Bulinews reports.

“He wanted to leave, because otherwise he would be the only one of the three strikers to stay at Frankfurt.

“Now, he sits outside. He took a gamble and lost. And it won't get any easier for him.”

i don't think so

Tell him about the 'Illusion' of Andre Silva. He should know the truth Grinundwech
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(10-16-2019, 02:18 PM)mazen111 Wrote: 'Rebic lost his Milan gamble'
Football Italia
2 Hours Ago

Eintracht Frankfurt chairman Wolfgang Steubing claims Ante Rebic has already “lost” his Milan gamble, “and it won’t get any easier for him.”

Rebic was a regular for Eintracht in his three seasons with the club, winning a DFB-Pokal and playing in the Europa League semi-finals, while earning a spot in the Croatia squad that finished runners-up at the 2018 World Cup.

However, the ex-Fiorentina forward chose to trade all that for a return to Italy with Milan, who are currently rebuilding.

“Honestly, I don’t know what to say,” Steubing told Bild, Bulinews reports.

“He wanted to leave, because otherwise he would be the only one of the three strikers to stay at Frankfurt.

“Now, he sits outside. He took a gamble and lost. And it won't get any easier for him.”

i don't think so

sorry. But this is just stupid.

He sounds like a child who's upset because someone took his favorite toy.
(10-16-2019, 03:40 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Tell him about the 'Illusion' of Andre Silva. He should know the truth Grinundwech

Seriously.
Quote:Ante Rebic, one of the pillars of Pioli's Milan, gave a long interview to SportWeek, a weekly magazine attached to the Gazzetta dello Sport, during which he talked about everything: his character, his past, Ibrahimovic and more.

*'In the match against Juventus, at a point, I told Higuain something. I don't like those like him, big and strong, who after every touch sit on the ground for 3 minutes. Idem for Bernardeschi. The same happened against SPAL. Even Ibrahimovic gets a lot of kicks but he's back on his feet without any lamentation. Other players cry a lot. In short, I tell Higuain something then Szczesny tells me: <<You're losing 2-0, do not act up.>> Usually I would have replied, but I do not like it when people underrated me. This time I kept my mouth shut. I replied to Szczesny in a different manner. This is my mental power: who attacks me, fires me up.'*

During the interview, Rebic also spoke about Ralf Rangnick, a manager he knows very well. That's why: *"I had done well at the World Cup in Brazil, so he, who was the head of the Red Bull football division, calls my agent and tells him he wants me. He comes to Florence on purpose: "Welcome to Red Bull. Choose: Do you want to play in Salzburg or Leipzig?" I choose Leipzig: he was in the second division, but the project that Rangnick was telling me was important, and the facts proved him right. But even there I play very little because the coach, Alexander Zorniger, had his own group of trusted players in which there was no room for new players.*

The turning point came at Eintracht, paired with Luka Jovic, a player the Rossoneri like so much: "If he's at AC Milan? I can't say, he hasn't signed yet. But it's not by chance that he went to Real Madrid. Things didn't go well for him because he's had too many injuries, I don't know what happened in his head and now they have an image of him there that isn't the real thing. Jovic has to focus only on football, because he's really strong.

No doubt about his favourite role: "*Playing with someone like Ibra - Rebic stressed - who takes all the headers and opens up spaces for me. Last year at Eintracht we did well because I was attacking depth, Jovic scored goals and Haller won all the air duels. I knew that Haller would take the lead and I'd throw myself in. That's what happens today with Ibra*".

Boban was important in Rebic's choice to join AC Milan: "*Yes, it was decisive. He called me even after Juve. He was happy that I was proving he was right to catch me*".

Ante is doing well, but in the first part of his Rossoneri adventure things were not going well: "*With Giampaolo I never spoke. When I went to Frankfurt in January to sell my house and the newspapers wrote that I was going back to Eintracht, I said: "I want to play four or five games in a row at AC Milan. If I play them badly, it means that this is not my level and I'll be the first to say that I can't stay. I didn't want to leave without having a chance. When this one came along, I took it*'.

The Milan post lockdown shows excellent form, but to return to the top there is still something missing: "*In recent years the ownership has changed several times, the coaches have changed... The team has struggled. The first three to four months of this season started off badly as usual, but now we've taken the right path and we need to continue because we have quality. All the players who are here have done very well where they played before, they just needed a bit of peace and confidence. Since January we've been playing much better than before, we know each other better. Today I know how Castillejo moves, how Bennacer gives me the ball... I know my teammates better and they know me better. And in ten days we've beaten Roma, Lazio and Juve*".

Rangnick's AC Milan might not have room for Ibrahimovic. But Rebic has no doubt: "*He's needed. Ibrahimovic is a leader. Before Juve he told us: "I'll show Juventus how to play football. It was his way of charging us. Begovic, Kjaer... mature players who know how to calm you down or encourage you. Ibra has brought so much to everyone. But when he says something, many people shut up. If I don't think like him, I'll tell him.*"

And as far as the future is concerned, or rather, staying at Milan: "*If I would stay? I've already said it: yes*'.

Copied and pasted for your reading pleasure.  Devilcool
aka xudong
Following Andre Silva's move to Frankfurt being made permanent now Rebic is officially permanent too.
Rebic changes from shirt number 18 to 12. Conti had number 12 last season and takes 14 now.
Btw don't know if you know this, but Rebic payed off all of loans and debts of everyone in his hometown Donji Vinjani in 2018 and loads of other charity work.

Milan psycho that terrorises defences on outside, big softy and wonderful person on the inside https://t.co/kwWBQGhFKF

What a wonderful guy
AC MILAN
I like him very much, his personality and his qualities as a player, but he is injured yet again, missing more than half the games each season.
We can not give leao a rest when we want to, as rebic is injured again.
Maybe its time to move on from him?