Winter Mercato 2019-2020
We Dodged a bullet by not signing Lobotka, looks average at Napoli
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Speaking of Napoli, they are now only 2 points behind us, quietly climbing up the ladder as well. They have a large pool of talents, and once they are back in form, you know they are much harder to contain than teams like Parma or Cagliari.
aka xudong
(02-03-2020, 10:50 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: We Dodged a bullet by not signing Lobotka, looks average at Napoli

He's new to the league. Too early to tell.

We took more than enough bullets by giving away 45m for Paqueta, 38m for Piatek, 42m for Bonucci, 38m for Silva, 35m for Caldara and many more Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang
(02-03-2020, 10:59 PM)ACM2020 Wrote: Speaking of Napoli, they are now only 2 points behind us, quietly climbing up the ladder as well. They have a large pool of talents, and once they are back in form, you know they are much harder to contain than teams like Parma or Cagliari.

Gattuso effect
Looks like Rangnick will take over next season....may be one or two of Olmo, Werner, Fosberg will follow...
Hope Maldini & Boban has a silent plan !
Douglas Costa: “Guardiola called me and said: 'We have a plan for your career, are you coming to join us? Are you ready to learn how to play football?”

Until we have a manager who can improve our players, single player transfers will not solve the problems. Lately, we had our fair share of managers under whose guidance our players declined. Hopefully with Ragnick, or someone else, our luck will change.
(02-04-2020, 03:16 AM)k7r Wrote: Looks like Rangnick will take over next season....may be one or two of Olmo, Werner, Fosberg will follow...
Hope Maldini & Boban has a silent plan !

Will Maldini & Boban even be here if Rangnick comes? Seems to me he's meant to take over all roles... I don't know.

About the three players mentioned, I definitely don't think we'll sign Werner. He'll go to England for €80-100m. There's no chance we can spend anything like that.
I find this whole Rangnick thing a little strange. He is coming in to be the coach and head of football operations. Those two jobs are 80 hour a week job on their own, so how will someone do both at the same time? There is a reason nobody has done this before, and it is a pretty good one, because it isn't actually possible. But even if it is possible, is Rangnick really a good enough coach and director to be given such a big job? Is he a Guardiola level coach? Or a supremely talented director at all? I have hardly ever heard of him before this. I hope this isn't another one of those "throw enough shit at the wall, and something has to stick" type of thing management is trying again.
Rangnick is very experienced... But don't think the story is true
@slifersd what you described is possible and to some extent is the kind of job done at many EPL teams.

Rangnick is very good and experienced, but doesn't mean that kind of role will work at Milan or others in Serie A for that matter.