AC Milan vs. UC Lecce 20/10/2019 Serie a Week 8 20:45 CET
(10-10-2019, 03:59 AM)WCmilan Wrote: It was smart of Milan to hire Pioli before possibly the easiest game of our season. Home to Lecce and there's this international break in between for him to do a bit of homework. A good start in delicate situations like this can make a world of difference, especially for the fans/teams morale. I have a feeling Pioli will do good for some reason. His reportedly favorite formation will complement our players quite well IMO.

Okmilan  nice thought

I think Giampaolo's future at Milan is decide before Genoa match, and maybe even longer before.

Theoretically good: fail fast is better than enduring and hoping.

The management team have gained some trust from me.
Mattia Caldara should be in the Milan squad for the match against Lecce (October 20)

[La Gazzetta dello Sport]
what? i thought the plan is to have him ready next month?

it would be nice to have him back, and i can't wait to see that happen, but let's not rush him if he is not ready.
La Gazzetta: AC Milan expected to face Lecce .. 4-3-3:

Donaarumma - Conti - Mosacchio - Romangoli - Theo Hernandez - kessie - biglia - Paqueta - Leao - Piatek - Suso
I don't think Pioli has worked with half of that projected line up yet. It seems like a possible line up, but I would wait until later this week (Thursday-Friday) to get a better idea.
things wont be much different than with MG.
(10-10-2019, 06:31 AM)Aficio Wrote: Okmilan  nice thought

I think Giampaolo's future at Milan is decide before Genoa match, and maybe even longer before.

Theoretically good: fail fast is better than enduring and hoping.

The management team have gained some trust from me.

Well, I think with our current squad it's all about mentality! Getting a new coach and starting off with a win after an international break is a good way to start off on a clean slate. A young talented team is a promising idea in theory, but in reality things like this happen. There's many times when I see no leader on the pitch, those are times when you need Ibra in attack & someone like Modric in the midfield.
Tough for the new coach. It may look like he got close to 2 weeks to prepare for the next game, but with all the key players on NT duty, he won't even get more than a few days to have all players together.

Thanks goodness, it is just Lecce.. We should be able to salvage a late draw. Grinundwech
(10-13-2019, 10:35 PM)ACM2019 Wrote: Tough for the new coach. It may look like he got close to 2 weeks to prepare for the next game, but with all the key players on NT duty, he won't even get more than a few days to have all players together.
Grinundwech

Well, I think the players will treat the match like another NT one Smile))
According to reports from Sky Sport, Stefano Pioli would be thinking of deploying Rebic on the left wing against Lecce. This would mean that Leao would enter into a run-off with Piatek for a place as a central striker in 4-3-3.