AS Roma vs. AC Milan serie a week 9; Sunday 27/10/2019
if Pioli doesnt want to learn from his previous game or games under MG, then #pioliout.
aka edysim
(10-27-2019, 08:30 PM)honsano Wrote: At some point the blame goes squarely on the players. For all my moaning about Conti, we get Calabria in and one of his first touches is a giveaway to lead to Roma’s second goal.

Biglia is not great but he plays the role.  Bennacer is weak defensively and needs to play further forward. Case and point he gives the ball away just outside of our box leading to danger as he can’t control a tough but fair pass.

Suso is not great but he tracked back today. You can’t tell Samu would offer anything else.

Pioli has to just figure out the formation to maximize the players strengths. He also needs to help these guys with confidence. Pac-Man, Suso, Calabria/Conti, even Donna are under performing to a degree. Some big positives are that older players are rediscovering form. Kessie is showing real quality in his deeper role. Theo is killing it. Hakan even looks a bit better.
Borini too would track back and cover more grounds  fyi.
aka edysim
(10-27-2019, 11:37 PM)artand Wrote: We can regret sacking gattuso only. I called for his head too, but, was massively wrong.with an even weaker squadvhe almost made it to the CL league. We spent further more in the summer, and fighting relegation now

+1 to this. I wanted Gattuso out too but I regret that badly now.
His fire for Milan was the only thing that squeezed some point out of a squad of headless donkeys. He may not have been the best coach tactically as he was lacking experience, but then again other than a few top coaches that our totally out of our budget and wouldn't come here, who else is there? At least he had an extremely strong personality to compensate and it came through.
La Gazzetta dello Sport ratings for Roma 2-1 Milan: Overall rating of 4.5/10, Suso the worst on the pitch with 4/10.

[Image: EH8YNGUWkAEDB8w?format=jpg&name=large]
(10-28-2019, 04:43 AM)WCmilan Wrote: +1 to this. I wanted Gattuso out too but I regret that badly now.
His fire for Milan was the only thing that squeezed some point out of a squad of headless donkeys. He may not have been the best coach tactically as he was lacking experience, but then again other than a few top coaches that our totally out of our budget and wouldn't come here, who else is there? At least he had an extremely strong personality to compensate and it came through.

me too.. i wasnt too convinced by Gattuso too but i had hoped he would stay and learn as an assistant instead of leaving.. with this squad now compared to last year, maybe we would be top 3 now.. at the start of last season, we seemed low on the table standings early on, but thats because we started out with Napoli 1st game and Roma 2nd game before we ran into Inter and juve not too long after..

this season, we started with relatively easy games and some tricky ones but we are already in a relegation dogfight.. what the actual fuck man.. if this season we finish anything less than 5th.. Maldini has to go plus Gazidis needs to take a good look in the mirror.. maybe Elliot needs to asses the situation.. 

its like we spent over a 100m to go from UCL spot challenging team into a religation candidate.. and replaced a coach with someone dubbed a rising star in italian football management.. then we replaced him after 7 games with someone even more Unconvincing in stats.. are we actually aiming to degress?
Pioli: 'Expected more from Milan'
Football Italia
18 Hours Ago

Stefano Pioli admits he “expected more” from Milan after their 2-1 defeat to Roma. “We’re making mistakes that are too obvious for a club of our status.”

The Rossoneri were beaten at the Olimpico, as despite a temporary Theo Hernandez equaliser, defensive howlers gifted Edin Dzeko and Nicolò Zaniolo the goals.

Following a 2-2 draw with Lecce, it means Pioli has picked up just one point in his two games on the bench.

The statistics make worrying reading, as after nine rounds Milan have only 10 points, scoring nine goals, and sit three points clear of the relegation zone, already seven adrift of fourth place.

“I expected more, yes. Over the two games, we frankly gave our contribution to the failed victories. We made mistakes that were too obvious for a club of our status,” Pioli told Sky Sport Italia.

“We had done well enough in the first half and ran few risks, but the inertia of the game would’ve been more in our favour had we not given away that goal.

“There’s no point denying it, the situation is negative right now and we keep making clear errors. The most evident errors were on the two goals, but they weren’t the only ones.

“We knew Roma would press some of our passing lines and not others, but we gave the ball away so cheaply. We knew there would be issues on set plays, as Roma have a lot of height, but even then we could’ve done better.

“I saw the performance as a step backwards compared to the Lecce game last week. If the ball moves slowly from the back, it becomes difficult to create any spaces.

“With a little more focus and concentration, we could’ve kept the match in the balance for longer. We were imprecise and paid the price for that.

“I don’t think we lacked determination, but we made too many wrong decisions and that is costly against a side on the same level as you. We needed to play better on a technical level, with more precise passing, and we just didn’t do that.

“There were some good situations, but we didn’t press them when they had the ball and once Roma took the lead, it became dangerous on the counter-attack.

“I believe we have the quality to be more dangerous in attack than we were tonight and to be more solid than we were. At this level, the games are in the balance and the slightest detail can make the difference.

“I don’t believe we were negative or lacking in courage, but we conceded goals in avoidable situations and that had a psychological knock-on effect.”

Krzysztof Piatek was the big January signing for Milan, but for the second game in a row has been benched in favour of Rafael Leao.

“My idea is to get the best out of all my players, but I’ve only been working with them for 10 days. After the good collective performance against Lecce, I decided it was best not to make too many changes, so we could try to build some consistency.

“Clearly, we want to get back to winning ways, but we need to prove it on the pitch. It’s too easy to say that.”

fully agree