AC Milan vs. Lazio 03/11/2019 Serie a Week 11 20:45 CET
(11-05-2019, 11:50 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Yeah... I mean, this squad IS better on paper than it's performing right now. It's a mental problem, a lack of confidence due to their young age, and I'm not sure us fans are helping by shitting on them every time something goes wrong. Basically we have a group of very talented but very young players who have been thrown in at the deep end. If anything I think we all need to stop expecting too much from them right now, and instead get behind them and support them even when results don't go our way. Sometimes I think we're way too impatient. Not with the club organization, but with the players.

Compare our payroll to other young teams, including Ajax who btw reached a CL semi.
Fans are not to blame at all, not even 1%.
(11-06-2019, 12:22 AM)reza Wrote: Compare our payroll to other young teams, including Ajax who btw reached a CL semi.
Fans are not to blame at all, not even 1%.

I'm not saying it's impossible for us to succeed with a young team, but I also think the pressure at Milan is much greater than at Ajax, and that pressure makes it very difficult for our players. Ajax have done exceptionally well, but the conditions are different there. They're a smaller club, and they've always relied on bringing up new, talented players through their ranks and then selling them for big money once they've started maturing and performing well in Europe. So the fans know the deal, and so does the media. It's a very different club culture.
Ours I think is better compared to that of Real Madrid, Juventus, Man Utd etc. The absolute elite. And because of that we're not very forgiving of our young players. And if anything the big salaries just add to the pressure, because it gives us yet another thing to moan about when things go wrong.

I think we often complain about our current team the way we'd complain about our top players back in the day. If a player like Seedorf or Ambrosini messed up and cost us an important match against a smaller team, they would certainly hear massive complaints from the fans. And that was ok, because they were seasoned, top class players who could take it, and usually it would make them bounce back with a stronger performance in the next game. It's a cut-throat fan mentality that's typical at the biggest clubs. But if a player like Bennacer makes a massive mistake and costs us a game, he likely won't have the experience and confidence yet to be able to handle getting booed off the pitch at the San Siro. He's probably just going to get nervous that it'll happen again in the next game, which in turn will likely lead to another bad performance.

Our problems are primarily psychological, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying that's entirely the fans' fault (I blame the media as well), but I do think we need to learn to accept that young players will make a lot of mistakes, be inconsistent, cost us games etc. As far as I'm concerned, our job as fans is to make them believe in themselves, and I think we'll best do that by focusing more on the positives.
I am not disagreeing but we need to realize that getting paid million brings responsibility, now not later after they are 25 or 30.
I see many still saying Suso is our best creator who needs to play, check twitter for example. I don't think the pressure is as high on individual players as we are making them to be, on the team as a whole unit may be. If Suso for example feels pressure may be he can listen to former coaches who give interviews, as recently as this October I read coaches and others call him a champion.
Very high percentage of professional athletes don't give a single Fk. Everyone of them is getting paid (of course the better you are the more you make) most have endorsements, they are too busy on Instagram taking pictures with their hot gf wives etc.

The gattuso type of players that would die for a team are long gone, that's why I wish these players and coaches had a performance bonus tied to their contracts so they could have insensitive to want to perform better ,have a certain hunger for it.

As Reza mentioned above I will take it a step further . I think any of these players over 21 shouldn't have an excuse.. every game they should try to get better , but most will play it safe and just do the bare minimum.

Give me players that are a mixture of gattuso,maldini,cr7 and Kaka. Heart, brain, vision and strength
(11-06-2019, 03:37 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: Very high percentage of professional athletes don't give a single Fk. Everyone of them is getting paid (of course the better you are the more you make) most have endorsements, they are too busy on Instagram taking pictures with their hot gf wives etc.

The gattuso type of players that would die for a team are long gone, that's why I wish these players and coaches had a performance bonus tied to their contracts so they could have insensitive to want to perform better ,have a certain hunger for it.

As Reza mentioned above I will take it a step further . I think any of these players over 21 shouldn't have an excuse.. every game they should try to get better , but most will play it safe and just do the bare minimum.

Give me players that are a mixture of gattuso,maldini,cr7 and Kaka. Heart, brain, vision and strength

Nah, I don't think they don't give a fuck. The insane 33 yellow and 5 red cards we've picked up this season indicate to me that the players are prone to losing their heads and making stupid tackles/challenges, which is not something that generally happens when you don't care about the result of the match. To be honest I just think a lot of them are too nervous to perform well, mainly due to their young age, the massive pressure that's being put on them and the fact that we don't really have any top class, experienced players to lead the group.
(11-06-2019, 02:10 AM)reza Wrote: I am not disagreeing but we need to realize that getting paid million brings responsibility, now not later after they are 25 or 30.
I see many still saying Suso is our best creator who needs to play, check twitter for example. I don't think the pressure is as high on individual players as we are making them to be, on the team as a whole unit may be. If Suso for example feels pressure may be he can listen to former coaches who give interviews, as recently as this October I read coaches and others call him a champion.

There's definitely no pressure on him. He's been woeful and kept his spot so clearly doesn't need to work to perform.

(11-06-2019, 06:13 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Nah, I don't think they don't give a fuck. The insane 33 yellow and 5 red cards we've picked up this season indicate to me that the players are prone to losing their heads and making stupid tackles/challenges, which is not something that generally happens when you don't care about the result of the match. To be honest I just think a lot of them are too nervous to perform well, mainly due to their young age, the massive pressure that's being put on them and the fact that we don't really have any top class, experienced players to lead the group.

Reza's line puts it nicely.
"I don't think the pressure is as high on individual players as we are making them to be, on the team as a whole unit may be."

There's a lot of pressure on the team to perform like a top team yet we lack top leaders on the pitch. Even Roma, as much as I love him, is no true leader.
Teenager rodrygo scores a hat trick on CL .
(11-07-2019, 07:46 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: Teenager rodrygo scores a hat trick on CL .

let's give it some time to Bresciani.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
people saying this team cant perform because of pressure is nuts.. basically 80% of our team is the same from last season.. and last season went so much better compared to this shit we are seeing now.. was last season less pressure than this season..? no.. both seasons we are expecting a UCL spot.. Gattuso lost this job because of 1 point at the end of the season with an inferior squad but here we are trying to come out with excuses for MG, Pioli, Maldini, Gazidis and Boban.. fuck.. all of them should get down on eir knees and beg Gattuso to come back till they can get someone on Klopps level..
For me it's confidence. There are some good players here. Young and inconsistent, yes. But good nontheless. They are better then what the results show. Confidence is a big part of football. Whoever has played it competitively will have experienced that. On your high confidence form, you are invincible. You try things that you normally wouldn't try. You are not afraid of mistakes. As a group you feel like you can win every game and get out of any situation, whether it's 0-0 at the 89th minute or you are 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go.
On low confidenence, you are afraid of mistakes. You play extra safe, take an extra second so that the ball lays exactly right before passing, your legs are tight, etc.

This is why I think winning against a side like Juventus can change our season. It'll bring belief back to the team. Belief in themselves and the coach's methods.