AC Milan vs. Napoli 23/11/2019 Serie a Week 13 18:00 CET
[Image: 77201256_10156596346031937_8858709109898...e=5E7F0E33]
AC Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paquetà, Biglia, Krunic; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura.

milannews
today pioli will be fired
PIOLI: "WE'LL PUT IN A SERIOUS PERFORMANCE"

The press conference ahead of AC Milan v Napoli: "I expect a lot, we don't lack motivation"

Another weekend of Serie A football is just around the corner following the latest international break. At Milanello, we’re just a day away from AC Milan v Napoli and Stefano Pioli has held his pre-match press conference ahead of the final training session. Here was everything he had to say ahead of the big match at 18:00 CET on Saturday 23rd November at San Siro from the press conference that was shown live on AC Milan Official App,

and Milan TV.

RETURNING AFTER THE BREAK

“I don’t like the breaks because I prefer to train with the entire squad. However, the fact is that various players have come back after good performances in which they scored and got assists and that shows the quality of this team. Our internationals have come back in good shape apart from Rodríguez who has a slight physical issue. During the break, you often speak about matters other than those on the pitch.”

AHEAD OF AC MILAN v NAPOLI

“We have to go again from the performance in Turin where we showed what we can do. Napoli are a strong side and they’re fighting to win the Scudetto. We’ll be up against a motivated Napoli side and they’re led by a great Coach but we certainly won’t be lacking the motivation to do our best. We’re playing in a big match at our stadium and we’ll be up against an opponent that has everything. We need to have clear ideas and be positive and not passive. I feel good about what we’re doing so I expect a lot from the team and I’m convinced that we’ll put in a serious performance.”

THE TEAM AND FANS

“We need to evaluate the risk first of all as every ball could be the decisive one. Against Juve, we lacked concentration and determination with the goals conceded. We must always play and think as a unit. The group is compact and cohesive and it wants to get out of this delicate moment and climb the table as quickly as possible. In the past days, we’ve given everything in our work to improve. For us, every game has to be a turning point. The fans have always shown us their support and we know that there will be more than 60,000 there tomorrow and we have to give 200%.”

INDIVIDUALS

“Caldara is doing better but he’s still not ready to play with us. He’ll play for the Primavera side tomorrow to improve his physical and mental condition. He’s an important player but he still needs a couple of weeks to be truly back and available. Piątek worked very well against Juve and his performances are improving. As a penalty box striker, we always need to look to give him the right service. Conti and Bonaventura can play. Kessie must be back ready and he looked good yesterday. Çalhanoğlu and Bennacer were doing well but whoever plays in their position will have to be at their best because I’ve seen important reactions in that role. Rebić could also be an option.”

THE TRANSFER WINDOW
“Ibra is a great player because of what he does and how he conducts himself. I won’t say more. There’s constant dialogue with the Club, I won’t hesitate to offer my opinions but the January window is still far away.”
AC Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Paquetà, Biglia, Krunic; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura.

Official
Big game again. Hopefully we aren’t afraid to attack and really take the game to Napoli. A little worried with Bonaventura/Suso/Piatek as they are kind of slow.

Off subject but the Juve-AtalantA game was awesome. Can’t believe Juve came up with a win. HiguAin was impressive. Goes to show that players who fail here largely do because the system. I hope we keep that in mind as we approach the transfer market with Kessie.
Draw
Not a bad line up. Rebic should be considered early sub if needed
Napoli are more nervous than us and that says a lot
Rebic starts. ? we win