Atalanta vs AC Milan 22/12/2019 ... week 17 cet 12:30
interesting game

A game that's a must win after Roma's win on Friday. I said last week that we can start waiving goodbye to 4th place after dropping the points against Sassuolo. If we now don't beat Atalanta, we can stop waiving. 4th place can't see us anymore. The season would be essentially over.
(12-21-2019, 12:58 PM)nefremo Wrote: A game that's a must win after Roma's win on Friday. I said last week that we can start waiving goodbye to 4th place after dropping the points against Sassuolo. If we now don't beat Atalanta, we can stop waiving. 4th place can't see us anymore. The season would be essentially over.

And when this season is over and we can't reach CL, there's no point signing Ibrahimovic on astronomical wages so we can finish 7th instead of 10th.
Our champions leagu hopes ended in september. We need to be realistic, we can not reach 4th spot this season. We are too many points behind. We need miracle for that feat.
Got this translation from @milaneye.
To me it shows coaches are so worried about tactics that they lose the realism of football being a simple game of scoring more than others.

Quote:Can Leão and Piątek play together?

I have already decided on the formation for tomorrow's match. I will pass it to the players tomorrow morning. Leão played a good match against Sassuolo. I don't think I would change my balance from the very beginning.
(12-21-2019, 04:04 PM)reza Wrote: Got this translation from @milaneye.
To me it shows coaches are so worried about tactics that they lose the realism of football being a simple game of scoring more than others.

Agree. Although i'm not sure that the answer is Leao-Piatek together, I'm always of the optinion that as a coach you gotta get your best performing players on the field at all times. Keeping in mind that you need defenders, you need midfielders, you need forwards....but it's your job to find the balance and make it work.

So when you insist on playing the most UNDERperforming players every game, then it becomes a problem. I don't see how Leao-Piatek UNbalances the team when you have Suso in the team every weekend.
(12-21-2019, 12:58 PM)nefremo Wrote: A game that's a must win after Roma's win on Friday. I said last week that we can start waiving goodbye to 4th place after dropping the points against Sassuolo. If we now don't beat Atalanta, we can stop waiving. 4th place can't see us anymore. The season would be essentially over.

wait for Feb and March when Roma has to play in Europa
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
(12-21-2019, 07:34 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: wait for Feb and March when Roma has to play in Europa

Not winning against Atalanta would mean we are 14 points away from 4th. Roma would have to have a meltdown like ours in the second part of the season. Also, we would have to not lose more then a game or two. Also, keep in mind that if Roma has a meltdown, there are also Atalanta and Napoli to beat to that 4th spot. Things are incredibly compicated. A winning run helps, and I mean a winning run of 7-8 games like Lazio's. And that winning run has to start very soon. We are running out of time.

Nothing's impossible. We'll see. I'll only stop hoping once it's mathematically over. But reality is reality.
(12-21-2019, 09:04 PM)nefremo Wrote: Not winning against Atalanta would mean we are 14 points away from 4th. Roma would have to have a meltdown like ours in the second part of the season. Also, we would have to not lose more then a game or two. Also, keep in mind that if Roma has a meltdown, there are also Atalanta and Napoli to beat to that 4th spot. Things are incredibly compicated. A winning run helps, and I mean a winning run of 7-8 games like Lazio's. And that winning run has to start very soon. We are running out of time.

Nothing's impossible. We'll see. I'll only stop hoping once it's mathematically over. But reality is reality.

Don't worry NeXt YeaR iS oUrs
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
(12-21-2019, 11:17 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Don't worry NeXt YeaR iS oUrs

since 2012 i am saying that ?