Summer mercato 2020
(02-12-2020, 03:56 PM)reza Wrote: The existence of Gazidis is to correct the yearly losses. I am not sure we can be against this. Is he doing it poorly? perhaps but someone has to try. Milan fans must realize, as much as Maldini and Boban (even Leonardo) must realize too, the Berlusconi era is over. ~90 million losses a year must stop some time, if not 2020 then 2021, etc. If Gazidis fails someone else will come and try.
In terms of transfers creativity is needed but I am still against being the next PSG, Milan must not be FFP loophole team.

Agree 100%.

(02-12-2020, 04:19 PM)Declare Variables Not War Wrote: The biggest obstacle of getting T.Silva is his wage which is 1.5m gross/month. He has to take a big paycut for sure

[Image: Cattura-2.jpg]

Yes, that's a problem. But you gotta remember that his deal is expiring. So, we don't have to pay him what he gets paid now. We just have to match the amounts teams will offer him going forward starting from this summee. I doubt anyone will give him that same salary again. I'm assuming somewhere around 4-5mil net a year would be sufficient. Similar to Ibra.
(02-12-2020, 04:28 PM)nefremo Wrote: Yes, that's a problem. But you gotta remember that his deal is expiring. So, we don't have to pay him what he gets paid now. We just have to match the amounts teams will offer him going forward starting from this summee. I doubt anyone will give him that same salary again. I'm assuming somewhere around 4-5mil net a year would be sufficient. Similar to Ibra.

Signing bonus is another problem too. We paid 8m bonus for Ely in 2015. Juve had to pay Emre Can 16m bonus on top of a 5m/yr net salary when they got him for free.
tbh I won't get Modric if his salary demand is not fulfilled, Pobega should play alongside Bennacer in midfield. He is being compared with Castrovilli and Matic and was linked with EPL sides like Norwich.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Last winter Gazidis blocked Zlatan. I have read abt that somewhere. Instead we biught piatek...
So as adding Modric and T Silva will suddenly increase the advertisement value for the team. These are still good famous players. People will want to buy and watch just for them.

My issue is that we are starting to look a bit geriatric. I mean these guys are really old for sporting standards. And also let’s not forget Robert. Played a few games now can’t get a match (also apparently Biglia our for the season?).
(02-12-2020, 03:56 PM)reza Wrote: The existence of Gazidis is to correct the yearly losses. I am not sure we can be against this. Is he doing it poorly? perhaps but someone has to try. Milan fans must realize, as much as Maldini and Boban (even Leonardo) must realize too, the Berlusconi era is over. ~90 million losses a year must stop some time, if not 2020 then 2021, etc. If Gazidis fails someone else will come and try.
In terms of transfers creativity is needed but I am still against being the next PSG, Milan must not be FFP loophole team.

My issue with him is regarding this. He's been at the club how long and is yet to announce any new deals or revenue streams. He's here for the business side and all it seems he's done is interfere in the football side.

(02-12-2020, 07:05 PM)honsano Wrote: So as adding Modric and T Silva will suddenly increase the advertisement value for the team. These are still good famous players. People will want to buy and watch just for them.

My issue is that we are starting to look a bit geriatric. I mean these guys are really old for sporting standards. And also let’s not forget Robert. Played a few games now can’t get a match (also apparently Biglia our for the season?).

We do look a little Geriatric but imagine we get those two with our current team of the last 2-3 weeks.

Gigio
Conti-Silva-Roma-Theo
Samu-Modric-Bennacer-Rebic
Hakan
Zlatan

take out the 3 oldies and the team is still very young.
Also. for those talking about wages, while it is still an issue, I think we could very easily work on a new shirt sponsor if we tell them starting next season we have Zlatan, Silva, Modric on the pitch. Players like them bring back some excitement leading to more sponsors. 
Our current deal with Emirates is a joke. Surely we could get better elsewhere.
How are those two issues separate? To lower the 90 million loss he has to say no to expensive signing. If Boban and Maldini need more windows then he needs time for revenue deals. I was the one losing patience with Boban and Maldini but everybody losing patience with Gazidis Tongue
Seriously though, reducing losses and fixing finances is far more difficult than Boban and Maldini's job. This is pretty much guaranteed to be true.
(02-13-2020, 12:25 AM)reza Wrote: How are those two issues separate? To lower the 90 million loss he has to say no to expensive signing. If Boban and Maldini need more windows then he needs time for revenue deals. I was the one losing patience with Boban and Maldini but everybody losing patience with Gazidis Tongue
Seriously though, reducing losses and fixing finances is far more difficult than Boban and Maldini's job. This is pretty much guaranteed to be true.

Sorry. you're right that they're not two separate issues.
It just seems to me he's only doing the one half. Rather than both.
TO be honest, I think we're on the right track with the players we've signed and the ones we're after. 
My issue is that we still haven't seen any new forms of revenue. All we've achieved so far is sell/loan(with option) players that were no longer wanted. We've made some money with those sales but that won't get us very far. We still need more incoming sources of revenue. Particularly with Emirates screwing us over and offering us less in the new deal. It's not only the money(we're only talking a few mill a season) it's the message that sends to other potential sponsors.
Why blame Emirates for offering us a joke like offer..? Our team has been exactly what it offers.. a joke.. the only time Milan actually stirs interest anywhere is when we are *interested* in top players but everyone knows its bs because we cant afford shit.. neither in transfer fees or wages..
The other time is when we get our ass handed to us by our rivals and we mentally crumble like a toddler who shat his diapers..
(02-13-2020, 12:39 AM)porcho Wrote: Sorry. you're right that they're not two separate issues.
It just seems to me he's only doing the one half. Rather than both.
TO be honest, I think we're on the right track with the players we've signed and the ones we're after. 
My issue is that we still haven't seen any new forms of revenue. All we've achieved so far is sell/loan(with option) players that were no longer wanted. We've made some money with those sales but that won't get us very far. We still need more incoming sources of revenue. Particularly with Emirates screwing us over and offering us less in the new deal. It's not only the money(we're only talking a few mill a season) it's the message that sends to other potential sponsors.

I would think that Gazidis' job is also to sell Milan's project to potential sponsors. Success in the next season would be great, but sponsorship deals tend to run for longer than that, often around 5 years or something if I'm not wrong. If we're not getting sponsorship deals, then that means that these companies also don't believe in the long-term prospects of a project that he as our chief executive is ultimately responsible for.
I'm not saying it's all his fault, of course, but this youth-only policy is not going to bring us any kind of success. In spite of the derby, Boban and Maldini have been proven absolutely right that bringing in players like Ibra and Kjær would help the team a lot. Sure, buy young talents, but to some extent we have to balance that out with more experienced players that these young talents can actually learn from. Otherwise they won't have the chance to learn what is actually needed to perform consistently at the highest level, both in terms of skill and mentality, and we'll end up with one mediocre season after the other (sound familiar?). Boban and Maldini are former world class players, and if anyone knows what is necessary to succeed at a club like Milan, it's them.
I think it's a safe bet that Maldini learned a lot from Baresi back in the day, for example, and that playing alongside someone like him was incredibly important in the early stages of his career. Who do we have that super talented players like Bennacer or Paqueta can learn from? No one. We need 3-4 quality, highly experienced players. They don't have to be at the peak of their career, but still able to give something to the team. Bringing back Thiago Silva would be an excellent move in that respect, but we really, seriously need a player like that in midfield too.
I know there are major concerns about our finances, but Gazidis really needs to listen to Boban and Maldini, who clearly know a lot more about football than he does.