Summer mercato 2020
(09-30-2020, 04:36 PM)nefremo Wrote: Dalot is a RB/RWB.

Nacho is probably the last on the list. More or less an emergency fall-back in case other deals don't materialize.

In terms of spending on a CB....fine, but it's gotta be planned. We can't buy just to buy. Zero point in that. We have our targets, I'm sure. But if they can't be bought in this market's window, then we wait. We can't just buy someone, anyone. Things are not that desperate. Things actually aren't desperate at all. Our 2 starting CBs (Roma-Kjaer) will be available for selection after the international break (so only Rio Ave and Spezia to go). Musacchio will be available soon after that. Gabbia is here as an option. We still have Duarte. He may suck...but he's here and a solution for him will have to be found

Adding quality as I said, is totally fine. I'm on board. But if the quality that WE need is not available/attainable, don't buy. There is another window (with new opportunities, I'm sure) coming up in 3 months.

For some more experience, I wonder what did happen with Rudiger or maybe someone like Zouma? I think Chelsea would loan these guy's but I guess then is are they quality and a correct fit?  
We'll see. It's clear that generally speaking we don't know management's true targets. Hague was sudden for us but they're watching since June. Moncada and his team seem great. 
I wonder if we will regret Thiago Djalo in a few year's? He is already doing well at Lille. 

Dalot, he is 3rd choice at Man Utd. A pretty average Manure at that. I don't see why we get him with Conti, Calabria, Kalulu and possibly Tomiyasu all capable of going to RB, maybe even Saelemakers.

Tomiyasu will surprise some people and not just because my background is Japanese. Even looking at him vs Milan he was the best defender and got done by Ibra. Not the last to get turned upside down even by old Ibra!  Icon_lol2
I am happy to see Paqueta go. The key to that deal is the % of resale so if he picks his game up we could make a tidy profit on top of the 21M.

Paqueta is the generation version of Yoann Gourcuff. I was young but remember him. Generational talent that couldn't handle the spotlight, had reported attitude problems then never played outside of France again.
I hope Paqueta play's well so some idiot EPL club overpays for him and we get a nice kick back on that %
Nicolo Schira: Milan and Lille had reached an agreement for Boubakary Soumare at the beginning of September. The midfielder, however only wants to play in Premier League.

If true, I hope he goes to Newcastle or Aston Villa and spends his career yo-yoing between EPL and EFL! Fuck him. Go back to looking at player's like Camavinga Paolo!

I saw also Niang is close to Torino.

Giampaolo will use him as a LB in his system!  Icon_lol2
(10-01-2020, 02:14 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: I am happy to see Paqueta go. The key to that deal is the % of resale so if he picks his game up we could make a tidy profit on top of the 21M.

Paqueta is the generation version of Yoann Gourcuff. I was young but remember him. Generational talent that couldn't handle the spotlight, had reported attitude problems then never played outside of France again.
I hope Paqueta play's well so some idiot EPL club overpays for him and we get a nice kick back on that %

I remember him, Gourcuff has a good season after leaving Milan but that's about all. He simply fall off the radar after that. We were right to sell him off, same as Paqueta. I don't believe such players will ever be great again.
(10-01-2020, 02:23 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Nicolo Schira: Milan and Lille had reached an agreement for Boubakary Soumare at the beginning of September. The midfielder, however only wants to play in Premier League.

If true, I hope he goes to Newcastle or Aston Villa and spends his career yo-yoing between EPL and EFL! Fuck him. Go back to looking at player's like Camavinga Paolo!

I saw also Niang is close to Torino.

Giampaolo will use him as a LB in his system!  Icon_lol2

It mean he only want money. Different people different stroke. Let's focus on those who want to be here.
(10-01-2020, 12:54 AM)nefremo Wrote: Sure, we could have done that. But look at Bakayoko. Still and Chelsea, no? We can demand whatever we want in terms of a number....doesn't mean we'll get it. Hard to imagine anyone was going to be willing to value Paqueta more then 25mil currently. And you know that if anyone agreed an option to buy at 35-38, there is 0% chance they were exercising that next summer. 

I don't know. It sucks that in terms of cash, we sold for less then we bought. But it is what it is. We had to move on from him somehow. This wasn't the worst solution to be honest.

My point actually is more to see what he could do with other team. He might no be suitable for us or there is other problem, I don't know. I just want us convinced that he won't be much better with other team. We had poor Kessie and Hakan. Right now they are now our important players. If possible, dry-loan Paqueta to other mediocre club and see what happen in one year. I still think he could do much better than what he had shown in the last couple of months.

I do agree with you. We are now building a strong team and Paqueta did not suit our standard. In addition we really need money especially cash one. It is better to sell him now and get the money for our target.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-30-2020, 06:46 PM)reza Wrote: I wouldn't call that 'not a bad deal'. For FFP purposes it is barely break even, from a pure cash perspective it is much worst than 'not bad', from a footballing perspective sure he seems to not fit at Milan but he is a 23 year old Brazil NT player.

To be honest being on the Brazilian NT doesn't mean as much as it used to. They are failing to produce the same level of talent & Paqueta is one such example.

He is slow, static & to be fair his footballing IQ isn't very high. His tricks were entertaining at times but ineffective.
I've rarely seen him be able to do anything on the ball when put under pressure against mid-low tier Serie A sides, let alone if he had to play in CL one day. French league might be good for him. Weaker opposition, less defensive than Italy & playing at a club with less pressure. Even if he did well there though, I wouldn't feel like we were missing out.

To be honest, selling Paqueta for me is just more of a turning point where we're finally seeing a glimpse of the former Milan. We have balls now and are making the right purchases. If a player doesn't cut it, see you later your replacement is waiting. That Jens Petter Hauge kid we signed looks tremendously talented and for 5m we literally could not go wrong. We potentially lost 5-10m on Paqueta but we even moreso potentially gained it on this new kid we signed.

I was so sick with us holding onto subpar players because we were so clueless (Bertolacci etc etc). Big clubs, big businesses & smart business people cut their losses & move on and make it up elsewhere.
(10-01-2020, 02:10 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: I wonder if we will regret Thiago Djalo in a few year's? He is already doing well at Lille. 

Dalot, he is 3rd choice at Man Utd. A pretty average Manure at that. I don't see why we get him with Conti, Calabria, Kalulu and possibly Tomiyasu all capable of going to RB, maybe even Saelemakers.

Tomiyasu will surprise some people and not just because my background is Japanese. Even looking at him vs Milan he was the best defender and got done by Ibra. Not the last to get turned upside down even by old Ibra!  Icon_lol2

Was always going to be a risk but he's done decent at Lille but not sure he is ever going to be a top player.

Again... No thanks on Dalot. He's no better than what we have.

On Tomiyasu... yes please but someone needs to go, preferably Conti but not sure who would buy an injury prone, currently injured, RB.
But I'd be very happy with Toniyasu and Calabria as our main options for RB.
At this stage I think Kalulu needs to be loaned out. If we get a Tomiyasu then he'll just not get enough of a run.

(10-01-2020, 05:16 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I was so sick with us holding onto subpar players because we were so clueless (Bertolacci etc etc). Big clubs, big businesses & smart business people cut their losses & move on and make it up elsewhere.

So much this!!!
(10-01-2020, 07:04 AM)porcho Wrote: Was always going to be a risk but he's done decent at Lille but not sure he is ever going to be a top player.

Again... No thanks on Dalot. He's no better than what we have.

On Tomiyasu... yes please but someone needs to go, preferably Conti but not sure who would buy an injury prone, currently injured, RB.
But I'd be very happy with Toniyasu and Calabria as our main options for RB.
At this stage I think Kalulu needs to be loaned out. If we get a Tomiyasu then he'll just not get enough of a run.

So much this!!!

what has he shown so far that he is better than Kalulu, Calabria, Conti, absolutely nothing. better player we have in primavera, throwing money
let me just list one game that he showed something beyond the goal he gave us.
(10-01-2020, 02:52 AM)hwmook Wrote: I remember him, Gourcuff has a good season after leaving Milan but that's about all. He simply fall off the radar after that. We were right to sell him off, same as Paqueta. I don't believe such players will ever be great again.

Gourcuff had a lot of injury problems that ruind his career.