Summer mercato 2012
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...-poised-to

Great Editorial on the matter.

Some quotes:
"However, for some years now, the Rossoneri have been showing up to gala events with a rented tux, mingling with Europe's elite but without being afford the caviar and champagne on offer. The sale of Thiago Silva will therefore shatter the charade. The club's house of cards is set to come tumbling down."

"The stark reality of the situation is that while the massive cheque that they are about to receive from PSG will plug the hole in their budget, it will create a chasm within their defence."

"Thiago Silva is to defending what Lionel Messi is to attacking, the kind of absolute excellence that is simply not within the reach of any other player in the game. The centre-half is, in a word, irreplaceable"

"The time to say goodbye, it seems, is now close at hand. Thiago Silva was Milan's 'Capitan Futuro', their leader-in-waiting, the new symbol of the club. However, it seems the flag is set to be lowered even before it has begun to wave."

Silvas agent just said that there are ongoing negotiations with PSG.But he does not not if Milan will sell. If Milan is willing to sell now is the perfect timing because all the major clubs are interested in him, but they thought he was not for sale.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(06-12-2012, 09:07 AM)Kastriot Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 08:50 AM)Revolver Wrote: We will never buy unless we sell, as simple as that. Unfortunately, we have became the club that must sell their best players.

If we are going to follow the good examples, like when Juve sold Zidane to buy Nedved, Thuram and Buffon, than I'm for it - sell T. Silva for 50M.

And please don't give that crap about captain and a leader. T. Silva is NOT a leader and never will be. He's a great defender, and a great player, indeed, but ne's not a leader. Baresi was a leader, Maldini was a leader, Gattuso was a leader, sincerly how many of you see any of those in T. Silva? I really don't see it. The leader should fire his team up when things are not right, and honestly I'm not even sure T. Silva can fire himself up in those situations let alone the whole team.

He is the leader to be. Just to be considered leader by the fans among this group of players in a team like Milan after only 2.5 years of playing is a proof enough.

If you need more practical proof. Just rewind the tape this season the day before we Tiago Silva was injured,and what positions were we? and what happened after that.

Revolver,dont underestimate a player just because of the lack of success of the entire team. Baresi was a leader with the best players in the world at the time. Malidni was a leader with you know what players. Tiagos time should come now, if the mgm properly invests.

One more thing. Ibra and we know what character he is ( the most egocentric player around), says if Thiago goes I will go too. That paints the picture of how important he is to the team.

Ok, I was a little harsh perhaps, but I don't underestimating him. Let me explain...

When T. Silva was bought, in his first year in Milan, many people here were saying like "he's new Maldini", while I was saying "wait, no he's not new Maldini, hell this guy has a perspective to be even better than Maldini, he will be new Baresi". And really, while Maldini was a brilliant defender, he was never that good to be able to win almost 90% of the balls without even sliding; Baresi was able to do that, and Silva is able to do that.

While he's the top defender in the game by a mile now, Silva still has to travel a long road to be as good as Maldini in his prime, let alone Baresi.

But one thing I'm sure of is that he'll never be a leader like those two. He simply isn't that. I've been watching some Milan matches from late 80's and early 90's lately, and how determined and how influental Maldini was even when he was in early 20's... Silva will not be even close to that, ever.

That doesn't mean I'm underestimating him; for example, Nesta was the best defender I've ever seen, technically even better than Baresi imo, but he was never a leader.
(06-12-2012, 10:57 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Then why all of you suddenly believed it???????

If it is against our very principles, why everytime there are rumors about Silva leaving you believe it? Not thinking that all of those only media fabrications? Why are we so easy to believe this club has betraying its principles?

I said once and I'd say again: Silva will not leave this summer. Just watch.

Because this clearly isn't just media fabrication, especially when mediaset (owned by Berlusconi) and milan channel are saying there are negotiations. Silva's agent and Leonardo have both confirmed that there will be negotiations. Galliani is apparently going to fly to Paris either today or tomorrow to negotiate.

I said it goes against our principles to even negotiate, whether he leaves or not is not the point, as the damage has been done. I made a point a few months ago that it is important that this summer to show a sign of strength in the club. Look at the results of the Thiago Silva negotiations, the press are having a field day taking digs about how we're no longer a top club, we have rumours of directors pleading to keep the player and his colleagues are putting out desperate messages asking him to stay. How do you think the other clubs will view us? In the past, clubs might have mentioned buying guys like Maldini, Baresi or Van Basten, but everyone knew it wouldn't happen including the clubs themselves, knowing we don't sell our stars and these players aren't obtainable. Nowerdays, people think the same of Real and Barca, as they know realistically you're not going to have a chance of getting Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil or Iniesta. Selling Sheva and Kaka weakened our position somewhat over keeping our players, but with the Pato thing still fresh and now especially Thiago Silva, where there simply aren't any good arguments for selling him, clubs will see us as a club that has a price, regardless of how valued a player is.

This is what our club has been reduced to thanks to the managements actions.
Just to add fuel to the fire...

Gallinai arrived in Paris. Tiago apparently telephoned Ibra to communicate him that he is leaving. It seems that nothing is done yet. There will be negotiations, there will be talking but there is still nothing guaranteed.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(06-12-2012, 10:58 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Even the late 90s, when Milan was worse then the state they are in now, maybe not financially but in terms of team performance and players, that period was worse then now. We never hear about Maldini leaving or Maldini is 99.9% staying this summer. Or Weah is leaving.....

I agree with some points from everybody here, simply because my mind isn't entirely set, I don't know if I have to be angry, sad, pessimistic, optimistic or anything else if what is on course really happens ...

But please, we can't compare the players nowadays with the situation of the players 10-15 years ago ...

More importantly, we can't compare Thiago Silva to Maldini for example, simply because Maldini was a pure product of Milan, he started here and ended his career here. Thiago Silva comes from another club, it was sure he would leave some day, I just thought it would happen in a further future !!

You see, guys like Abate (well the situation of Abate is different, he was sent in other clubs on loan), like De Sciglio or any other product of our Primavera, if they become WC or if they become starters in our team (like Abate) won't be linked to any other club ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
The latest news is that...we are selling Silva to balance the books. Apparently The Sheik asked for clear balance before investing, which frankly is BS cuz we all now that Sheiks care the least about balancing the books. It is such a BS rumor.
(06-12-2012, 01:18 PM)Kastriot Wrote: The latest news is that...we are selling Silva to balance the books. Apparently The Sheik asked for clear balance before investing, which frankly is BS cuz we all now that Sheiks care the least about balancing the books. It is such a BS rumor.

You're wrong mate ...
Before taking PSG, they asked to the former owners to balance their books (something they started to do 2-3 years before, which could lead to a legitimate question : was the sale of the PSG planned since that time ?) ... Manchester City lived difficult times of "austerity" before being taken too. I don't know the situation in Malaga, but I doubt they had a huge debt.

They only take clubs in more or less good financial health (it's why they didn't even try to buy United, Liverpool, Roma, Barcelona or Madrid) ...
The news keeps getting worse...

1. It's time. Bunga Boy and Uncle Fester must GO or be forced out. After last years eye watering fine, it's obvious there is no money and no intention of making Milan great once more. There are plenty of investors that would love to get at the Milan brand.

2. New owners must come in and at least[/align] trim the squad size to around 22 and sort out the wages/contracts as 60m euro a year loss is not sustainable.

Either way you look at it, the current model is wrong from top to bottom.

(06-12-2012, 01:22 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 01:18 PM)Kastriot Wrote: The latest news is that...we are selling Silva to balance the books. Apparently The Sheik asked for clear balance before investing, which frankly is BS cuz we all now that Sheiks care the least about balancing the books. It is such a BS rumor.

You're wrong mate ...
Before taking PSG, they asked to the former owners to balance their books (something they started to do 2-3 years before, which could lead to a legitimate question : was the sale of the PSG planned since that time ?) ... Manchester City lived difficult times of "austerity" before being taken too. I don't know the situation in Malaga, but I doubt they had a huge debt.

They only take clubs in more or less good financial health (it's why they didn't even try to buy United, Liverpool, Roma, Barcelona or Madrid) ...

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I never wanted smth similar for Milan. I always thought the best was Milan to be kept in the family. But I think Berlusconi simple does not believe that Milan is sustainable as a project and he can not cover loses anymore.
(06-12-2012, 01:29 PM)Kastriot Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 01:22 PM)GeoTav Wrote: You're wrong mate ...

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I never wanted smth similar for Milan. I always thought the best was Milan to be kept in the family. But I think Berlusconi simple does not believe that Milan is sustainable as a project and he can not cover loses anymore.

Well, I also hope it's for that reason, but the reason could also be that we balance the books, just because Berlu wants us to balance the books and not because another potential owner asked us to do so ...

Flamini's gone, Thiago Silva is almost gone, and Ibra could go, if you add that to the former stars leaving, that means our most paid players are or will be gone this summer, which makes our club financially healthier.