Summer mercato 2012
(07-13-2012, 10:44 AM)Gio-mania Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 10:30 AM)GeoTav Wrote: But the group of death could be ours with Milan - City - PSG - Dortmund (depending on the other teams qualifying, or Malaga ? A group of Qatari with a poor team !! Big Grin) ...

PSG should be in the third pot, depending on what teams will qualify, but Juventus and PSG have almost the same amount of points and Juventus is sure to be in the 3rd pot.

Okay, that group is very scary indeed. But I think Milan could make it past the Qatari group. To be honest I think Milan could beat PSG in October/November even with Ibra+Silva swapping sides, granted no one else leaves. City maybe not but Malaga definitely, since they don't really impress me much.

But Malaga didn't really started their mercato, they make less noise compared to PSG or City, but all they wait is to get one star player to probably buy other guys.

Their team already has some players who are used to play CL ...

About PSG, I think they will very quickly be strong. Ancelotti isn't a noob, neither are the players they buy. Ibra and Lavezzi together could make big damage to any defence, and their midfield should be reinforced as Pastore is probably going to lose his spot in the starting team (because of the way Ibra plays, it's what I think, I may be wrong), which means they will have 3 CM and one DM behind these two strikers. Solid midfield, strong attack, the best defender behind (with a solid midfield in front of him), I think PSG will be better than Manchester City when come September/October (Ligue 1 starts at the start of August generally, which means they will have already played 5-6 games when CL will start).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !

La Gazzetta dello Sport are making it seem offical. 62 mln, Zlatan getting 12 mln over 3 years. I'm still waiting for confirmation on both teams webpages.

Regarding Tevez, it seems there is a deal for 20 mln with City, 6 mln to Tevez. Seems strange though as in January they were asking for 25-30.
(07-13-2012, 10:51 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: La Gazzetta dello Sport are making it seem offical. 62 mln, Zlatan getting 12 mln over 3 years. I'm still waiting for confirmation on both teams webpages.

Regarding Tevez, it seems there is a deal for 20 mln with City, 6 mln to Tevez. Seems strange though as in January they were asking for 25-30.

Does that mean we're going to buy players being halves of the ones we had ?
Ibra : 1m95 (more or less), 12M
Tevez : 1m, 6M
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-13-2012, 10:30 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 10:14 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: Speaking of CL, I read somewhere that there is the possibility for a group of death consisting of Barca/Real, City, Juve and PSG. Oh and we are in pot 1 this year.

But the group of death could be ours with Milan - City - PSG - Dortmund (depending on the other teams qualifying, or Malaga ? A group of Qatari with a poor team !! Big Grin) ...

PSG should be in the third pot, depending on what teams will qualify, but Juventus and PSG have almost the same amount of points and Juventus is sure to be in the 3rd pot.

Perfect. And how do you propose we match up to PSG even? Thiago can stop any attacker we have on our books and Ibra can manhandle any defender we have in our line-up.

Against Dortmund, we might have a chance given our team are now younger and have more running in them, but then of course we could also be without Injury-prone Pato and have only SES to partner Mr. Airplane King Binho up front. Also, Dortmund's attack are nothing to be scoffed at, plus they have Mario Gotze back from a long term injury now, and Hummels in the back manning the defense. Again they are one better than us in both departments if we need to go head-to-head.

And don't even get me started on Man City Devilcool
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I'm still not so overly impressed with PSG. Even Man City had some WC players in their line-up and have only really become a force last year. PSG can become a force soon, but there is still a long way to go for them.

Also keep in mind that without Silva we still stood up to Barça, who are far superior to PSG. Sure, no Ibra but that doesn't have to be a bad thing (it will in Serie A). I have no doubt about Man City getting the better of us over 2 games, likely the same with Dortmund. Malaga no, they need some class additions to their squad.

going to start watching some PSG games next year, they got an amazing team, better than City's IMO, and got Carletto.

I'll be cheering them on, but if I see Ibra and Silva celebrating goals I'll prolly be like Dodgy

Can't be Silva said last week 'he never considered leaving Milan' after renewing to 7.5m per season. I thought he was that honest guy that's all cool and shit. He wanted to go to PSG all along after he heard of their offer, and has accepted their deal ages ago then comes out and says he never thought of leaving Milan. Lying to us right in the face, thats what sucks.

The only one that didn't lie was Kaka. Damn how I miss the days we had such a player.... not saying I want him back, but Kaka was something else.

Our only hope is for us to spend some money back into the market. I am all for this deal and actually pretty excited about the future. I am ofcourse assuming a major portion will be spent on the market this summer.
Agreed. Kaka was something else. He let his father do the dirty work for him.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(07-13-2012, 10:30 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 10:14 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: Speaking of CL, I read somewhere that there is the possibility for a group of death consisting of Barca/Real, City, Juve and PSG. Oh and we are in pot 1 this year.

But the group of death could be ours with Milan - City - PSG - Dortmund (depending on the other teams qualifying, or Malaga ? A group of Qatari with a poor team !! Big Grin) ...

Only 1 club from one country allowed in a group!
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-13-2012, 10:30 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I'm not sure what to think of the whole situation right now. My worry is less we're losing top players, but more that we've almost systematically been destroying our position and status in world football.

There's also so much confusion. Last time we had Braida saying not to worry hours before Galliani left for Paris and this time Allegri was saying we'd be keeping Thiago and Ibra. You'd presume surely the coach knows what's going on with these players. No comments from Barbara either this time, which seems a bit bizarre, as she's just sort of disappeared of late.

As for the players, I've already discussed in detail the reasons we can't afford to lose Thiago Silva in the past so won't repeat that again. Ibra's more expendable, as there are players who can take his place in the side and while we'd need to adjust, we wouldn't be too extensively weakened in attack imo.

(07-12-2012, 11:14 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: I've been saying this for years now. How come no one in Media tells Galliani straight to his face " YOU"RE LYING"

He gets away with talking bullshit all the time, and no in media says boo. If the deal goes through, EVERYONE should call Galliani a Liar, and list his lies (as I've done a few months ago in this thread)

lol, with all due respect the press couldn't care less whether Galliani lies or not. For them, he gives good headlines and generates interest, that's all they care about.

(07-13-2012, 12:03 AM)Dha Brain Wrote: Let them all go I would have wanted more for T.Silva & Ibra will PSG win the UEFA CL in the next 3 years?, NOPE Barca,Real Madrid,Bayern,Man City still all In better position If Cassano goes too go ahead he should be greatful he never lost his job with us after his stroke, I hope we can see a pato el sharaawy striker partnership imagine if those 2 would stay healthy wow, I still want robinho gone and a replacement of course we will get atleast 1 star and mabey 2 new players we just are unsure about acerbi i herd we might be back in the race for angelo ogbonna which is huge

About Cassano, it would have been hugely unfair and incorrect for him to lose his job after suffering a stroke or any illness, and I'm sure the company couldn't just cut ties with him. We did what we should have by keeping him on and supporting his rehab, but we shouldn't hold these actions against him, as it was beyond his control.

(07-13-2012, 02:08 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I was just thinking to myself, if ibra and silva deal does go through and its for the apparent 70million fee..

Wouldn't it be great if pastore + 35mln was the deal.
-25mln for tevez
-10mln for dede
invest, or not in a 10mln midfielder

we'd really only spend 10mln out of our pocket this transfer market, but i think the goal in the first place to sell silva and ibra is to save money so i dont think that'll happen Big Grin
but, would be a great mercato
I find it weird how pastores name hasn't been mentioned at all, we've been lacking a real cam since kaka imo

Not particularly keen on Pastore myself. He's yet to prove he can take on large responsibility and was pretty much a flop at PSG this past year. Also, you're suggesting we (try to) replace Thiago and Ibra, yet we don't invest where we desperately need to in midfield, instead getting Pastore who's a very expensive luxury? I'd rather just get 65m.

(07-13-2012, 05:41 AM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Milan is officially a closed chapter for many fans now. Milan had 2 world class players, but Milan has 0 world class players now. Berlusconi sold them last night.

Offcially Milan not a top club anymore.

Galliani will say that Milan will win CL this season, with same kind of injuries of last season, we could see Milan in Serie B.

im thanking God that Bayern has Kaiser and Rummenige, they are intelligent man, Everyone says that Galliani is the best CEO. However a Geo, who increased Milan's revenue by %9 in 7 years. (lowest among top clubs)

Galliani is one of the worst CEO's in the world. He ruined Milan with high wages and champions policy. He can enjoying survive in Serie A with ex champions.

Call back Gattuso, Van Bommel, Oddo, Kaladze, İnzaghi, Seedorf.

i wont watch Milan's game anymore, not even my second team. im finished with this guys, who always lied to me and you.

10-15 Days ago. Thank you President, we keep Silva and now he sold them.

Yeah, He needs money for Bunga Bunga. Serie A is finished for me. the most loved championship for me. im not with this losers anymore.

lol, did they ban you on R&B forums or something, or are you going to just keep spamming here about Bayern this time?

Anyway, here's a little help on your way to being a Bayern fan... http://www.bayernzone.com/

(07-13-2012, 07:35 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Strasser and Mesbah (official for him) should play in Torino next season.
Taiwo could leave to Benfica.
Robinho could go back to Santos.
Cassano could go back to Samp.

For moment, there's little things allowing fans to be optimistic. The players who could leave are closer to leave than the players who could come.

PS : But I agree our team play could be better with the right additions in our team ... My main concern though is our defence, which looks like a mid-table defence now.

The only real issue is our defence really. Personally, I've never had issues were Ibra to leave, as even though he has me more conflicted internally than any player in history about whether he's good or bad for us, I'm sure we can adjust without him especially as there are alternatives available. Thiago's a huge presence though and it's pretty much impossible to see any real alternatives to him right now. The only possible option I think who can maybe fill the void is Hummels, who wouldn't be cheap anyway.

(07-13-2012, 08:49 AM)mathiask Wrote: Guys I think you all are overrating Thiago Silva a bit. I hear words as solid...
But wasn't he responsible for some very idiotic goals this season in the cl and the league?
I'd call both of them replaceable. Seriously, I would. Get a cheaper, young talent and watch what happens with players who leave Milano:
They go in steep decline.

Don't get me wrong, but silva is not a new nesta... And I don't see ANY defender who plays football right now who has the right to be called that way.

It's not about overrating him, it's about the lack of alternative options around driving his value up. Thiago's a good defender but isn't likely to ever reach close to the heights of Maldini, Baresi or Beckenbauer, or in recent generations Thuram, Desailly, Cannavaro and Nesta. However, he's in an era of the game where there are no great defenders and therefore a more valuable commodity. He's still mistake prone, but so is every other top club defender in the world today. Few, in fact none have the passing range that Thiago offers either, which is vital to our game. Without him, we'd have no player at the moment to direct play from the back, as we lost Pirlo and now Thiago, meaning we have to start from zero on our tactics and completely reinvent our game. Most worryingly is what happened when we lost Thiago's presence in our backline this past year.

i was not realistic there. However i wanted them to delete my account but they said that they couldnt do. Then i did everything to ban myself from there, cuz i couldnt stand the guys like Sage.

Btw, im a Bayern zone member since 2009.
By the way, Defence of a midtable team.

Midfield is worse then a midtable team.

Milan now has 0 world class players.

You didnt understand me, im a Bayern since years ago, but i dont follow Bundesliga much, i just watch CL games and important league games considering i dont like watching Bundesliga games much, cuz Serie A was my favourite league.
Milan and Bayern was always my top 2 favourite teams, i love Milan more because of Sheva. But i lost my love a bit after he left.

Silva and İbra left Milan and i dont feel anything, When Sheva left Milan, i cried too much during that time. When Kaka left, i didnt feel anything. i thought a money lover left.

Bayern is a top club, while Milan is midtable club anymore. LOL. Bayern has great revenue, When we finish the payments of Arena, we will be the richest club in the world. Whos the best CEO? Galliani? if he is Galliani, The world football is hopeless.

Ambrosini is worse player than Tymo. we want to sign Martinez, Martinez's sub will be Gustavo. And Tymo is Gustavo's sub. Bayern's 3rd choice is better player than Milan's first choice, at the same time captain. See the quality difference.

You can ban me or delete my account. i dont have any reason to stay here anymore. i dont wanna be a toy for Berlusconi.

make sure that your beloved president will make a great effort and keep Boateng and claim he is the best signing. if they go on like this, Milan will end up in Serie B.

İnter fans says that Milan has 2 great teams anymore. İnter Primavera and İnter.
lol, apparently the ultras are supporting Galliani and Berlu with this sale, saying they trust them. Gazzetta's the source for this. Honestly, that's the last reaction I had expected.

Also came across a good article on the situation on football-italia:

http://www.football-italia.net/21097/value-thiago-ibra

I'm not sure how we can react if we do sell and this worries me. If our plan is to get ourselves set up for the future, then I can accept this sale, but the "saving 150m in two years" seems like a short sighted excuse to take this option, with no coherent plan to support the longevity of the club.

We need stability for the future, primarily meaning we need to invest in a new stadium or the San Siro. I can't overstress how important this is, not just because it means we have a higher income, but right now when the economy is down it is a good time to make this investment if possible. Not only would the cost of the stadium be less, but importantly it benefits Italy's economy if there are investments which will support cashflow in the country. This isn't just an issue for Milan, but also all clubs in Italy bar Juve. Problem is we've got absolutely no indication of us actually getting a stadium.

Secondly, we need to react by investing in our youth set up, to groom young talents in house and develop a footballing culture within the club, meaning that players are groomed with a philosophy in mind that will help them achieve success within the club. Doing this benefits the club 3 fold. First, the club will require less spending on external talents meaning we can save and use money on specific targets. Secondly, many of these talents will have a greater sense of place at the club and hopefully loyalty, meaning they wouldn't necessarily chase after big contracts everytime an offer comes their way. Lastly, with a footballing culture in place, the club can aim to groom players into a set up they're familiar with and they'd have a better chance of succeeding at the highest level. This is something Barca and Spain have proven can be successfully implemented. However, we don't show any real signs of correctly integrating youth into our senior set up, with arguably the most successful so far (Merkel) already sold.

It's fine that we've identified issues with Italian football right now, but our reaction has been one of impending doom rather than taking steps to try and work through the problems.

Edit: Abbeyleemania, I'm not a poster or even regular reader of R&B forums, but seeing your posts on there about how well Bayern is run and Milan isn't is grating mostly because , firstly, most here are well aware of the issues with how Milan are run and secondly because Bayern aren't a model that should yet be replicated due to lack of on field success. Your problem is you just say how terrible Milan are and how incredible Bayern are without even suggesting anything about what Milan could do to try and improve.

If Bayern's really your second team and you've lost all faith/hope in Milan, then please just go to Bayernzone and support Bayern in peace, because quite honestly I don't think anyone needs constant spam about how terrible Galliani is and how incredible the Bayern directors are.