Summer mercato 2012
OFF TOPIC:
Gabriel will start! Gabriel will start! lol

Great to see he earned the starting spot. Hope he can help Milan this season...
(08-04-2012, 04:57 PM)brasileiro Wrote: OFF TOPIC:

He looks terrible so far....
Is there anything wrong with the other gks??
Because if not, then it's pretty stupid that a coach calls 2 bench gks in the original team then ends up playing basically his 4th choice

And I honestly can't see what all the fuss about Hulk is...I haven't watched much of Porto or Brazil before but I have watched a couple of friendlies this summer and these Olympics (except the new Zealand match) and I'm struggling to see anything that impressive about this guy to explain the offers/rumours about his price to move from Porto

I totally agree with you that Brazil should have taken another CB instead of that Juan guy (glad that he is an Inter player btw Smile ) and let Lucas & Pato take Hulk's place
(08-04-2012, 06:22 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 04:57 PM)brasileiro Wrote: OFF TOPIC:

He looks terrible so far....
I jinxed the kid...lol

But this is more a result of more than a year without a real match.

Don´t worry, he´s a amazing prospect.

(08-04-2012, 06:27 PM)LebRN Wrote: Is there anything wrong with the other gks??
Because if not, then it's pretty stupid that a coach calls 2 bench gks in the original team then ends up playing basically his 4th choice

And I honestly can't see what all the fuss about Hulk is...I haven't watched much of Porto or Brazil before but I have watched a couple of friendlies this summer and these Olympics (except the new Zealand match) and I'm struggling to see anything that impressive about this guy to explain the offers/rumours about his price to move from Porto

I totally agree with you that Brazil should have taken another CB instead of that Juan guy (glad that he is an Inter player btw Smile ) and let Lucas & Pato take Hulk's place
The starter GK(Rafael) was cut with a injure one day before the Olympics, and the wise Mano never gave playing time to the others options(Neto and Gabriel).. now, he needs to start two young GK that played combined 5 or 6 games in a year. Imo Neto isn´t that special, but Gabriel is the real deal, just need rhythm and playing time.

Regarding Hulk, couldn´t agree more. I don´t think he´s bad player, but is clearly over hyped. Visiting some English team forums, I can´t believe fans think he´s worth that amount of money, and at the same time Lucas isn´t worth 32 millions. Prove in Europe... lol.

Even Romario is bashing Mano at TV asking why Lucas is on the bench. Even playing a different style which he´s accustomed(possession and not direct football) Lucas is always more effective than Hulk... and playing less time.

Unfortunately I think we will miss this gold medal because of Mano´s decision. He had Dede and David Luiz but chose HulkAngry
Exactly, Hulk is a good player and that's it.

Lucas on the other hand is an exceptional talent and I would really hate it if he goes to Inter...I would love if Milan signs him but the way things are going that's obviously not gonna happen Sad
(08-04-2012, 08:44 PM)brasileiro Wrote: Unfortunately I think we will miss this gold medal because of Mano´s decision. He had Dede and David Luiz but chose HulkAngry

Brasileiro, if you think Brazil may lose it, who would have won it? Other than Brazil, the other three teams are all from the non-traditional areas: Japan, Korea, and Mexico. I think they will crash under huge expectations and pressure. After all, they should be happy enough that they go this far. IMO, Brazil just needs to play their own game. The gold medal is within reach now.
aka xudong
(08-04-2012, 09:19 PM)LebRN Wrote: Exactly, Hulk is a good player and that's it.

Lucas on the other hand is an exceptional talent and I would really hate it if he goes to Inter...I would love if Milan signs him but the way things are going that's obviously not gonna happen Sad
Yep, if the world cup was tomorrow, Hulk would be in my call, but not as a starter. Problem is the guy looks the part, has a fierce shot, is skilled, play in Europe so, people rate him higher than he deserve... in my opinion of course.

I don´t think Lucas will go to Inter, and it´s a shame we can not sign a talent like him anymore. Word here is M. United, and that freak me out as I know how SAF can ruin a Brazilian talent.
(08-04-2012, 10:32 PM)xudong Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 08:44 PM)brasileiro Wrote: Unfortunately I think we will miss this gold medal because of Mano´s decision. He had Dede and David Luiz but chose HulkAngry

Brasileiro, if you think Brazil may lose it, who would have won it? Other than Brazil, the other three teams are all from the non-traditional areas: Japan, Korea, and Mexico. I think they will crash under huge expectations and pressure. After all, they should be happy enough that they go this far. IMO, Brazil just needs to play their own game. The gold medal is within reach now.
Fair points, my friend.

Maybe my perception is a result of our Olympic curse in football... but Juan and Uvini are calamities waiting to happens. If Silva goes down, I can´t see we winning.

Senegal was my bet at first, as African NT´s(in Olympics) always outplay Brazil, but they are out. Mexico also give Brazil problems when we are playing with a young NT(Olympic, under-20, under-17). I have not watched a Korea game so, I don´t know what we will face in the semis...

Japan is pretty organized and has the talent, could create a lot of problems for us. Truth is, we will need to outscore our opponents like in the past. Mano Menezes is luck because this teams is FULL of talent and Neymar finally broke "seleção fear".

About time he become comfortable with the yellow jersey.

Now we just need a Lucas with confidence and starting to finally break the curse.

Gb had a pretty good team .. IMO on paper brazil should be destroying the Olympics
Apparently last night was the deadline for Montpellier to get back to us about Yanga-Mbiwa. No particular news as of yet, but it seems the player might be asking for a transfer (source: Milannews)

(08-04-2012, 10:32 PM)xudong Wrote: Brasileiro, if you think Brazil may lose it, who would have won it? Other than Brazil, the other three teams are all from the non-traditional areas: Japan, Korea, and Mexico. I think they will crash under huge expectations and pressure. After all, they should be happy enough that they go this far. IMO, Brazil just needs to play their own game. The gold medal is within reach now.

If I'm honest Brazil have really underwhelmed me in this tournament. Going forward they're a clear threat, but they have awful lapses in concentration at the back and are all over the place. I mean the first goal yesterday told the story well, as the Brazilians all pushed up except Sandro who was still deep for the opposition to score.

Mano Menenez worries me a lot tbh. His system is quite strange as the attacking trio seem to only press in a certain part of the pitch and then give up easily, they rely on individual ability of players rather than the collective play and yet they don't have a Brazilian identity, they instead look like they're poorly mimicking European teams with technically gifted players.

While the other nations aren't established names (bear in mind in Olympics that's not a major factor), the truth is I've been much more impressed with Japan and Mexico than Brazil. While Mexico made hard work of Senegal yesterday (Senegal aren't pushovers anyway), they comfortably got through their group without conceding.

Japan too were the same, as they have really impressed in the tournament and came through their group easily without conceding. This is the same group that had Spain, who were one of the favourites and Honduras, who we saw gave Brazil problems yesterday and beat Spain. Then they finally beat Egypt without any problems, again not conceding, against a side that Brazil ended up lucky to come away with a win against after going 3-0 up.

Brazil need to get their act together imo.
Milan's offer for Mbiwa was rejected and according to Galliani no agreement can be found and we're looking at other targets.

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=87510