Summer mercato 2012
I heard that Silva has not yet recovered from injury that he sustained since Olympics, and will miss today's game. Interesting, wonder if he would turn into another Kaka.

(09-02-2012, 05:55 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Well, Ibra has been scoring.

Silva has not been playing yet due to Olympics.

Pirlo is doing well so far.

Carlo won the EPL and got sacked and now he is the manager of PSG

Leo left and won the SuperCoppa with Inter, then he got his dream job at PSG.

Merkel is doing well and improving.

Beckham won MLS after leaving Milan.

Nesta is doing well at Montreal.

The only one that does count from your list is Pirlo, IMO. Ibra and Silva can do well in the future, but not yet. MLS doesn't count, and Beckham is more a ManU player or RealM player than Milan player.
aka xudong
Personally, I think you guys read too much into player leaving Milan and become a nobody, like Sheva....when they left Milan, it might leave a bitter taste and all, but at the end of the day they are still the players we once cheer and love. There a multiple reasons why they left Milan, and to me, as long as they don't trash talk Milan like Cassano and Pirlo, they are alright in my book.

As for did Milan got the best deal possible, or selling them when they are at their highest....well, look at it this way, after the sale of Sheva, Milan won CL away. Thus, no matter how bad or great Sheva did, Milan got the better of the deal simply b/c they won CL without their top striker. Can't say the same about Kaka, as Milan never even came close to winning CL since he left. YOu can argue Milan won a league and came second 2 yrs after Kaka left, but when Kaka was in Milan, Serie A was never a priority for the club.
(09-02-2012, 06:10 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Personally, I think you guys read too much into player leaving Milan and become a nobody, like Sheva....when they left Milan, it might leave a bitter taste and all, but at the end of the day they are still the players we once cheer and love. There a multiple reasons why they left Milan, and to me, as long as they don't trash talk Milan like Cassano and Pirlo, they are alright in my book.

As for did Milan got the best deal possible, or selling them when they are at their highest....well, look at it this way, after the sale of Sheva, Milan won CL away. Thus, no matter how bad or great Sheva did, Milan got the better of the deal simply b/c they won CL without their top striker. Can't say the same about Kaka, as Milan never even came close to winning CL since he left. YOu can argue Milan won a league and came second 2 yrs after Kaka left, but when Kaka was in Milan, Serie A was never a priority for the club.

I don't see any difference in your view and ours (at least, mine). Shevchenko and Kaka still have a special place in Milan fans' hearts, for what they have done for Milan. With time, more and more fans will start to forgive them (if they hate them in the first place). But on a pure athletic aspect, they did all of a sudden dip their forms, and that's also undisputable.

Cassano was/is an immature prick. I bet that Milan are such a great club that nobody in their right mind should speak any ill of this club, let alone himself who literally had his life saved here. Pirlo would look like a saint compared to him. After all, Pirlo didn't start to fart until quite later on when the competition between the two clubs heated up, and still whatever he said was not as bad as Cassano. And Cassano has won almost nothing for him, while Pirlo is a different story. I hate Pirlo, but more out of spite that he won with that dirty scum of a club; as for Cassano, I just despise him purely based on his personality. Devilf
aka xudong
I personally don't have any bad feeling against anyone who has left. And it's not about hoping they will not succeed after they leave Milan. To me, the day Sheva got sold is the day the club changed it's long-standing philosophy of buying world class players and only let them go after we squeeze every ounce from them. Gullit left when he's done. Papin left when he's proven he's unworthy of Milan. Boban, Rijkaard, etc were retiring, and so on and so forth..

When Sheva left, I remember Berlusconi said "Milan does not sell it's crown jewels, and let this be the last time we do it", but a few years letter, we let Kaka go, then Thiago Silva, then Ibra. Those are the four crown jewels (not Pirlo, he has a few drop left, but that's about it).

Milan used to be the pinnacle of any footballers' career. That has changed for a few years now. I just don't want us to slowly become a feeder club for Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, or MU. We should not be seen that way. When a player joins Milan, it should be their dream.. they should know that this is the highest they can get, and milan is not just a stepping stone for them.
(09-02-2012, 06:43 PM)ganjarb Wrote: Milan used to be the pinnacle of any footballers' career. That has changed for a few years now. I just don't want us to slowly become a feeder club for Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, or MU. We should not be seen that way. When a player joins Milan, it should be their dream.. they should know that this is the highest they can get, and milan is not just a stepping stone for them.

This is how we all feel, but when Berlusconi doesn't want to spend the money needed there's really only one way Milan can go and that is down. Luckily in Serie A we'll always have a shot at CL since most of the clubs are struggling in one way or another, like the league generally. But in terms of competing with Madrid, Barca, etc., as it is now that can only happen if we're extremely lucky/smart with our transfers. In the long term we might hope for one of several things to improve us: 1) Berlu regains interest. 2) New owner. 3) Much improved youth sector. 4) New stadium and new and better sources of revenue.
The reality is that Milan has become a stepping stone for at least Real Madrid and Barcelona, which is not too bad; if Berlusconi remained uninterested in Milan for a few more years, things could become even worse. Confused

A minor point: Gullit didn't leave us because he was done. He had problems with Capello. The summer of 1993 was the end of an era, van Basten just played his last game for Milan due to injury; Gullit had his problem with Capello who didn't even call him up for the Champions League final against Marseilles (not the last time Capello did that to players that he didn't "like" Angry); Rijkaard visited Berlusconi and said goodbye in person; he wanted to go back to Holland because he said he "just didn't feel it here any more". That was the end of the Dutch Trio era. But of course at least we still had Savicevic, Boban, Papin (turned out useless in the next season) and all the Italian core, and the pain was felt but did not kill Milan.

Berlusconi tried to keep both Rijkaard and Gullit (van Basten was still with us at that time) but failed on both. He did not directly intervene (in the sense that he ordered the coach to do or not to do certain things). But I am quite sure that he was not too thrilled with Capello, and when the first chance came along, he let Capello go.
aka xudong
OOT, Falcao is now one of hottest strikers in the world. he could play in PSG next season Smile
Is it time to close this thread for a new one? Summer 2012 mercato is after all, technically, over.
Before this thread is closed Icon_lol2, let me squeeze in one more piece of rumor. C. Ronaldo is considering an exit from Real Madrid because he does not feel happy for whatever reason. Icon_lol2

Maybe we could go for him. If we sell the entire team, that could be enough money to finance for his transfer fee and salary. Icon_lol2
aka xudong
Look at the bright side, RVP scored a hat trick and Pazzini scored a hat trick. Only diff is, Milan did not spent 30mil on Pazzini.
Or maybe Ronaldo is the reason berlusconi wants to save 150 million euros, who knows but highly doubt it