AC Milan vs Napoli (5-02-2012) 19:45 GMT, switched to 14:00GMT
(02-03-2012, 04:48 AM)xudong Wrote: This game has been moved to the afternoon (15:00 CET), instead of the evening (20:45CET) as originally scheduled.

Obviously Galliani requested to have it moved back for the reason of low temperature. Napoli agreed, but FIGC (or whatever the decision power lies with) decided to move it up to the afternoon. LOL at Galliani's attempt to get more time for rest yet we end up losing 6 hours instead.

Anyway, it seems that this game will be decided by grit - whichever side is hungrier will get the whole pie.

The problem of this big game (despite the ranking of Napoli, it's a big game) is the following:
- we have the wrong approach in big games and tend to lose or draw this season
- Napoli have the perfect approach in big games and tend to win or draw this season

This result will determine the next few months of Serie A ... If we don't win, and in the same time, if Juventus wins, it'll be over because then, Juventus will be too confident to drop points against small teams, and all they'll have to do is a draw against us ... And as a consequence, we'll also have to secure the second place if we don't want to play the qualification round for CL in August.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
This match reminds me a little of the second derby last season. We're coming off a bad result/period and in order to retain our scudetto hopes, we must come out and get a result. Last season the pressure was a positive contributor to our results as it meant we went into matches determined to win.

I can only hope for the same on Sunday, though at this point I must admit to being a touch nervous.
[/align][align=right]
(02-03-2012, 12:44 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(02-03-2012, 04:48 AM)xudong Wrote: This game has been moved to the afternoon (15:00 CET), instead of the evening (20:45CET) as originally scheduled.

Obviously Galliani requested to have it moved back for the reason of low temperature. Napoli agreed, but FIGC (or whatever the decision power lies with) decided to move it up to the afternoon. LOL at Galliani's attempt to get more time for rest yet we end up losing 6 hours instead.

Anyway, it seems that this game will be decided by grit - whichever side is hungrier will get the whole pie.

The problem of this big game (despite the ranking of Napoli, it's a big game) is the following:
- Napoli have the perfect approach in big games and tend to win or draw this season

This result will determine the next few months of Serie A ... If we don't win, and in the same time, if Juventus wins, it'll be over because then, Juventus will be too confident to drop points against small teams, and all they'll have to do is a draw against us ... And as a consequence, we'll also have to secure the second place if we don't want to play the qualification round for CL in August.

I agree that this result will affect greatly the entire Serie A campaign, but to say that it will decide everything is a bit pre-mature. There are so many games still left.

Speaking of 'big game', yes it is a big game, and yes, Napoli does very impressively this year in all big games. they remind me of the Milan under Ancelotti. Smile there is one advantage to us (well, more like disadvantage to them) - we play at home, and Napoli isn't exactly great when playing away.
aka xudong
Robinho should not start this game. ES92 should def. start and I actually hope to see Lopez get some playing time.

Robinho needs to get his ass in order and play with his heart for this team.

I hope we see a smoother ball movement through out this game, I will miss it because I'll be asleep and I will catch you guys after the super bowl. [/align]
If we lose this game,we will be in a big hole for scudetto race.considering our limited midfield roster at the moment,we'd better give up CL,and concentrate on domestic games.
May god with chinese footbball
(02-03-2012, 09:32 PM)xudong Wrote: [/align][align=right]
(02-03-2012, 12:44 PM)GeoTav Wrote: The problem of this big game (despite the ranking of Napoli, it's a big game) is the following:

I agree that this result will affect greatly the entire Serie A campaign, but to say that it will decide everything is a bit pre-mature. There are so many games still left.

Speaking of 'big game', yes it is a big game, and yes, Napoli does very impressively this year in all big games. they remind me of the Milan under Ancelotti. Smile there is one advantage to us (well, more like disadvantage to them) - we play at home, and Napoli isn't exactly great when playing away.

Agree with u guys. The game will impact our season big time, and dropping points here will hurt mathematically as well as by eroding confidence...a double whammy effect which for me will go a long way in deciding the outcome of the season.

We need a win against one of the "big" teams, and now is the time to get one.

The available players dont give me a lot of confidence, and I confess to being worried about this game.

Lets hope for a good collective performance at home.

Forza Milan!!!
I LOVE MILAN
Anyone know what the injury is to Aqua? He has been out for so long after what I just thought was a very minor muscle strain. I wonder if he will make the quota of games to play in for us to buy him from Liverpool....

It's a real shame our young players are the ones who continually get injured. I makes it difficult to have a cohesive midfield

Nesta misses Napoli http://www.football-italia.net/node/15377
Silva-Mexes pair has proven reliable, so Nesta's absence hopefully will not be felt.
aka xudong
This is the official squad for tomorrow's game:

Abbiati, Amelia, Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Ely, Mesbah, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Cristante, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Seedorf, Van Bommel, El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic, Maxi Lopez, Robinho.

Interesting to see the two young players, Ely and Cristante, though I doubt either would see any minute.
aka xudong