Philippe Mexès
We don't have a thread for our new No.5 yet, so here is one.

I read that in all Serie A games that Mexès started, we have not conceded even one goal. Can someone confirm that it is true?
aka xudong
(02-05-2012, 11:55 PM)xudong Wrote: We don't have a thread for our new No.5 yet, so here is one.

I read that in all Serie A games that Mexès started, we have not conceded even one goal. Can someone confirm that it is true?

Yeah, almost every match:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/philippe-..._5422.html
Thanks for the site. It looks like that Mexes did not start Parma game (he entered at 78'), so it is true then that as long as Mexes starts a Serie A game, we will not concede.

Allegri, are you taking notes? Grinundwech
aka xudong
Just want to be one of the people to say that Im starting to feeel more comfortable with mexes giving nesta much needed rest. He has been playing very good in my opinion .

Mexes has his weak sides, but he is good enough for Milan. No team can have 2 Thiago's as their CB.
Anyway, I think Mexes will get better as he plays more games with us. Feeling confident with him so far.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
When Mexes started his career, he was recognized as an intelligent defender who tries to predict opponents' movement and leads the defense with offside trap.

However, now he is relying on his physical abilities too much. I hope he learns the experience from Kaladze. The last N.4 became a liability when he lost his speed and reflex.
(02-17-2012, 03:37 PM)Aficio Wrote: When Mexes started his career, he was recognized as an intelligent defender who tries to predict opponents' movement and leads the defense with offside trap.

However, now he is relying on his physical abilities too much. I hope he learns the experience from Kaladze. The last N.4 became a liability when he lost his speed and reflex.

I agree. Mexes is not a typical Milan defender yet (I don't know if he ever will be, considering that he is not young). If you noticed, defenders like Baresi, Costacurta, Tassotti, Maldini, Nesta don't just punt the ball and clear it out of the box. They always try to control the ball, make short passes to teammates around them, or (in Baresi's case) make long but accurate passes to attackers. In short, they don't just try to clear the ball. They don't panic, and already start attacking the opponents a few seconds after being attacked. Silva is a natural in that. I wonder maybe his six-month training alongside Maldini helped him.

Mexes is not doing that yet. That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, I guess. But it is just not the elegant Milan style that I have got used to in the past decades. Smile
aka xudong
The longpass that led to 2nd goal in the match against Cagliari is not bad (Ibra controlled and Nocerino scored).

I mean this guy has both the technique and the brain, but he is lazy to use them.

You made me feel nostalgic, xudong Big Grin
He is a beast!
Great job today my french buddy.