Poll: What will be the result at the San Siro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AC Milan win
68.18%
15 68.18%
Barcelona win
18.18%
4 18.18%
Draw
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012)
Yup, you don't see it happening, and then it happens. That's the issue with Barca (players and fans alike): when they win, it's like 'of course.' when they don't win, it's like, "it's so unlucky. it's the ref." But here is the problem: I haven't read one single praise from the team re: Milan's defense. It is this attitude that Barca players and fans that I (and many other) cannot ever stand. Coupled with the reputation of diving and cheating and whining when you are not winning, I agree: no class at all.

Why should you give Milan credit for defense, rather than just what people say 'park the bus?" Read this article (in Chinese though, but you can see the pictures and you kind of get what the author is saying):

http://sports.sina.com.cn/g/2012-03-30/1...2997.shtml

This is a very deep analysis, and the main take home point is:

1. Milan's pressure starting from Ibra, Robinho, and Seedorf. This makes counter-attack extremely effective. Barcelona almost paid for that at the beginning. Twice.

2. Read Messi's style of playing. They have obviously studied Messi in detail, and noticed something that the majority of us didn't: he tended to run to the left. See pic 13 and pic 14 how Seedorf expected Messi's run, and see pic 15-18 how Ambro/Bonera expected from Messi.

3a. Create 2vs1 or 3vs1 situation. Milan selectively chose situations when they could get the ball from 1 barca player, and they used it both along the sideline and in the central of the field.

3b. Create 2vs1 or 3vs1 situation MULTIPLE TIMES. They look for situations when they do it multiple times, not just one time. See pic. 28-37.

And none of the Barca players gave a single credit to the other team. You will say, 'well why would you give credit?' and you know what, Milan does give credit to the other team who plays better than them.

Which reminds me of the ghost goal in Milan-Juve 1-1 game, in which Milan's Muntari scored a clear goal and ruled no-goal. I can't remember Milan complaining and whining like what Barca did.

If Robinho, Emanuelson, and Ibra has been more decisive, it'll not be a 0-0 game. Barca people clearly forgot that Milan just got as many quality chances (which they fail to convert) as Barca did. That's a fact.

This is not the first time I reacted strongly against Barca. To me, they are truly an arrogant team. Yes, I do not disagree that they play nice and beautiful football, and I'm in awe of their abilities to do so. No question. Hands down. Would I trade Milan's current style of playing with them? No, because Milan has its own brand and style of playing. But if Milan acts like the way Barca does, I'll be ashamed.

What is so unbelievable, though, is that almost all the players in Barca are like that. Like ALL of them. When they fall down, which they will because they are smaller, they'll start complaining to the referee. LIKE EVERYONE of them, including those on the sideline. It's f*cking unbelievable is it? Go search on youtube: [team name] diver, and see what videos come up the most.

And I'll leave you with this. Guess what came up the first one when I searched "Milan diver"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2UC3P6PC2E

-jeff
(03-21-2012, 05:52 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Some times in big games like these, some relatively less talented players give the performance of the lives. Anyone remember, Liverpool's Sissoko? He once completely took Ronaldinho out of the game at Cam Nou in 2007. How about The Istanbul final? I never heard of Hamman or Smicer (or whatever) before that game. They changes the game. Maybe, just maybe some one like Antonini or Urby would give something unexpected against Barcelona this time.
Joker smile Party danceClapDevil dance3bandieraOleDevilfSmilie_schal6

Dedicated to a couple of certain members on MM Grinundwech
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
Someone should compile a video of all the hard fouls and knocks that Barca made on Milan players without even getting a penalty or a call against them. Like Busquets climbing all over Boateng, and Alves doing the same on Ambrosini, neither incident went punished, and yet when Busquet takes a ball to his chest, he falls over clutching his face and expects something to be done about it.

No the ref did not have a good game, but Barca cannot hold the ref, or the pitch accountable for their own toothlessness in front of goal. Milan's second string defence defended better than Barca's first string attack, that is all. As for the Sanchez penalty debate, Sanchez was clearly already stumbling down before he toppled over Abbiati, thats not a stonewall penalty because Abbiati wasn't the one to bring him down. There was an official that was right behind the goal and saw the incident clearly, kudos to him for making the right decision.

As for the Puyol incident, that was even less of a penalty. Mascherano climbing on Ibra's back should have warranted either a yellow or a red, and so too for all of Barca's challenges on Antonini whilst he was on the ground.

Given how things went, I believe our team has the ability to play better than that if we had a better pitch, and we shall prove that by playing our game at the Nou Camp. at 0-0 we won't be pulling our foot off the pedal like we did at Arsenal, I think 0-0 serves our team well. Had we gone there with a 1-0 lead, the mentality would have been to sit back and absorb pressure from the get-go, but now we go there to play football.

Barca can complain all they want about our pitch, but when its on even ground, we'll see how well they deal with our passing and our game.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Busquet`s mother??!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1baqz2SRA1qfkycn.gif
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(03-29-2012, 12:43 PM)tello Wrote: Well then, you are clearly more experienced than us playing on that excellently dreadful pitch you call a pitch.

Yes, I agree, you had it easier to convert since your chances were as easy as a walk in the park than ours.

Yes, we had officially lodged a complaint not just to whine but to help you and Inter to find a pitch solution. God-damit that field looks like a horse-race track of Del Mar on a bad winter night. Last night's pitch story took me back memory lane vs Inter. We had travelled by bust since the "Evhdytiohgkokuerorku - Volcano-ash" thing was all over the news, our meal dessert was a thumping on bad ground.

We were humiliated, wet, hungry and exhausted thanks to the creative plot of Mourinho (except the ash part). Last nite allowed those pitch pictures to re-kindle unwanted thoughts and memories of horrow on bumpy grounds.

This pitch storey has since caused concerns even when you hosted Arsenal back in February.
Surely something has to be done about it or it simply a PLOY to have you disadvantage your visitors. Sleepy

Firstly, the bolded part completely compromises the integrity of your argument as Barca could care less about the San Siro pitch. It's pointless trying to suggest they complain with Milan and Inter's interest at heart.

As for the San Siro pitch, it's been a problem since Italia 90, when a third tier was added to the stadium causing poor airflow resulting in the grass barely growing. Milan and Inter have had to import turf from other countries to actually keep the pitch acceptable, and even then it's rarely in good condition. There is no anti-Barca or anti-Arsenal plot as is being suggested (by you and the club), the pitch is just bad and always has been. Add to this that this winter caused more problems than normal with the pitch and you can surely understand that it's not likely to ever be in a good condition.

Also, Barca may want to believe they're the only team that likes to play a quick passing game, but the reality is the pitch did us no favours either, with our players constantly slipping and us unable to play our quick attacking moves as normal.

Add to this that the pitch doesn't help with our injuries, especially as one of our biggest investments in recent years (Pato) has not seen his career go down the toilet due to injuries, but ironically all of his injuries have been at the San Siro.

Galliani (Vice President at Milan) has repeatedly spoken of solutions for the pitch, with the latest being a hybrid synthetic and natural grass similar to the one used at Milanello (Milan training facility). The problem here is finding an agreement with Inter and the Milan city council (who own the stadium, which is another issue altogether).

Finally, I've seen arguments about how the ref didn't award the penalties. As people have pointed out, these probably should have been awarded, but there are reasons they may not have been. However, the ref was clearly not Milan biased as suggested as Milan were penalised in other incidents with Barca not getting the same punishments for the same actions (look at my last post for examples).

(03-29-2012, 02:02 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: In the World, the point of Football is to score more Goals. In Italy, it is to prevent the other team from scoring Angel

lol, guess I've been influenced by the Italian game too much?? Big Grin
(03-30-2012, 11:01 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 12:43 PM)tello Wrote: Well then, you are clearly more experienced than us playing on that excellently dreadful pitch you call a pitch.

Yes, I agree, you had it easier to convert since your chances were as easy as a walk in the park than ours.

Yes, we had officially lodged a complaint not just to whine but to help you and Inter to find a pitch solution. God-damit that field looks like a horse-race track of Del Mar on a bad winter night. Last night's pitch story took me back memory lane vs Inter. We had travelled by bust since the "Evhdytiohgkokuerorku - Volcano-ash" thing was all over the news, our meal dessert was a thumping on bad ground.

We were humiliated, wet, hungry and exhausted thanks to the creative plot of Mourinho (except the ash part). Last nite allowed those pitch pictures to re-kindle unwanted thoughts and memories of horrow on bumpy grounds.

This pitch storey has since caused concerns even when you hosted Arsenal back in February.
Surely something has to be done about it or it simply a PLOY to have you disadvantage your visitors. Sleepy

Firstly, the bolded part completely compromises the integrity of your argument as Barca could care less about the San Siro pitch. It's pointless trying to suggest they complain with Milan and Inter's interest at heart.

As for the San Siro pitch, it's been a problem since Italia 90, when a third tier was added to the stadium causing poor airflow resulting in the grass barely growing. Milan and Inter have had to import turf from other countries to actually keep the pitch acceptable, and even then it's rarely in good condition. There is no anti-Barca or anti-Arsenal plot as is being suggested (by you and the club), the pitch is just bad and always has been. Add to this that this winter caused more problems than normal with the pitch and you can surely understand that it's not likely to ever be in a good condition.

Also, Barca may want to believe they're the only team that likes to play a quick passing game, but the reality is the pitch did us no favours either, with our players constantly slipping and us unable to play our quick attacking moves as normal.

Add to this that the pitch doesn't help with our injuries, especially as one of our biggest investments in recent years (Pato) has not seen his career go down the toilet due to injuries, but ironically all of his injuries have been at the San Siro.

Galliani (Vice President at Milan) has repeatedly spoken of solutions for the pitch, with the latest being a hybrid synthetic and natural grass similar to the one used at Milanello (Milan training facility). The problem here is finding an agreement with Inter and the Milan city council (who own the stadium, which is another issue altogether).

Finally, I've seen arguments about how the ref didn't award the penalties. As people have pointed out, these probably should have been awarded, but there are reasons they may not have been. However, the ref was clearly not Milan biased as suggested as Milan were penalised in other incidents with Barca not getting the same punishments for the same actions (look at my last post for examples).

(03-29-2012, 02:02 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: In the World, the point of Football is to score more Goals. In Italy, it is to prevent the other team from scoring Angel

oh, well. Thank you for the background on your grounds.

It is a little sadening that this problem is difficult to solve. This San Siro pitch you share with Inter then.?
so it correct to know that both Milan & Inter matches are played on there every weekend.? plus the pier shading that is killing the grass? if this is correct then it is too much hammerage to the ground I suppose.

I don't know, commission another stadium I guess. New AC fields or something, I know we had plans with Norman Foster about a new bowl or add more seating and deco to the existing, some graphics even showed a completely new playing bowl on a man made Island off the northern coast peninsula by Vidal & proposing 150,000. seat capacity. anyways..too expensive for my liking.

seems the only thing is lay a carpet down. more a cheaper option for now at least....Confused

(03-29-2012, 10:37 PM)Ace Wrote: [quote='JuanShoe' pid='26591' dateline='1333048749']

Ambro was booked for kicking the ball away. I'll try this one more time, I support both clubs. Are you seriously suggesting if those penalties were the other way round you wouldn't be complaining about the ref? The ref was not biased towards Barca and the big decision went against them. To blame the ref is ridiculous.

I'll state it only one more time, for you, just to carefully read it: The ref was poor, but IN MY OPINION he favoured Barca...

and you know what, in My opinion Barca should have got atleast 1 red card...

2 penalties?? really read again, Sanchez CLEARLY runs onto Abbiatti, and Puyol I THINK, (read, key word) started pulling Mesbah's shirt, should have been called foul on Puyol from the first place... and those neutrals, they must be from goal.com ..

how can they not condition a match? imagine 3-4 barca Defenders got yellows, they would think twice before going into a tackle... not to mention Keita's epic tackles all match, he could have got a red when he tripped Ambro...

I remember also Dani Alves kicking the ball twice and got unpunished...

what about Barca players Kicking Antonini while he's down? oooh they were going for the ball... oh yes fair play Barca...

pull your head out of the bag and look at it from a neutral point of view!!

damn whining team, they should be fined for their whining... great tactics to be honest, yep great team

eh,
Bollocks ( red Card to Whom.?...Angry)..show me a picture please.

There was only ONE never given... The rescended RED for Saint Abbiatti...Dodgy

++++++
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(03-30-2012, 01:01 PM)tello Wrote: oh, well. Thank you for the background on your grounds.

It is a little sadening that this problem is difficult to solve. This San Siro pitch you share with Inter then.?
so it correct to know that both Milan & Inter matches are played on there every weekend.? plus the pier shading that is killing the grass? if this is correct then it is too much hammerage to the ground I suppose.

I don't know, commission another stadium I guess. New AC fields or something, I know we had plans with Norman Foster about a new bowl or add more seating and deco to the existing, some graphics even showed a completely new playing bowl on a man made Island off the northern coast peninsula by Vidal & proposing 150,000. seat capacity. anyways..too expensive for my liking.

seems the only thing is lay a carpet down. more a cheaper option for now at least....Confused

I can only suggest reading up on the subject of Italian football stadiums and there are plenty of articles on the web about it (Hasan Rossonero who writes at http://www.notevenanoriundo.com has written good articles on the subject before).

This is a much bigger issue than a CL 1/4 match and this is why it's so stupid for people to say Milan did this stuff on purpose.
(03-30-2012, 07:54 AM)Kastriot Wrote: Busquet`s mother??!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1baqz2SRA1qfkycn.gif

Maybe she is the personal trainer of Barcelona players?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!