Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT
I'm happy with the win as it was important to get points out of this one. I too was jumping up and running around after both goals. However it would be foolish to deny that we have some problems on our hands. We have a lot of players out and that doesn't help either, however it kind of shows what some of the other players are made from.

Seedorf and Ambrosini were absolutely terrible in the first half. I was fuming at both and just could not explain to myself how can two professionals that have achieved so much in their careers look so bad on the field. Ambrosini picked up his performance in the second half and battled like a captain, but Seedorf (for me) continued to be bad.

Robinho was poor too, and even our backline looked awkward at times. It was just a bad performance all around the field especially in the first half. The second half started bad too but the changes made the difference. I think Abate put on a great shift in the second half after Maxi came on and it looked like he was pushed up all the way forward on the wing for the most part, keeping Armero occupied. This ensured that counters were going to be fewer and not as dangerous as we pushed forward a bit more on the left hand side with Robinho and El Shaarawy now playing more central together with Maxi. El Shaarawy showed his potential again and I'm so happy this young star is a part of our team.

Maxi did well, but I still think that he is a limited player.....however a player with character and the will to fight. And we can see what kind of difference that can make. Even limited players look great when they run, work, and fight for the team. This is the new standard in football. Pato should take a note of that. Look at El Shaarawy for example. I don't think he is limited, as a matter of fact it's clear that he has the potential to be great and he already is a great player IMO, but he's got that extra will to fight for the ball and chase down opponents. He simply has the will to work hard and do much more then just score goals. (Actually, Juventus this year is the prime example of that........some limited, but motivated "no star" players that work for every loose ball and keep running, mixed up with some good players that can make the most of it)

Mesbah IMO is a decent player. I'm kind of surprised at how well he's done defensively. He looks like he's been part of that back line for a long time. However, I feel like we are still missing that one full back that is able to get to the byline regularly and put in dangerous crosses. Mesbah hasn't done that so far. He's done decent enough in the back. but I'm not that impressed when he goes forward. It is nice however, to finally have a left footed player that can put the ball in the box every now and then. I for some reason still feel like we should give Urby a chance there. He can use his speed and dribbling to get behind defenses and get to the byline. Especially against lesser teams where we have a lot of possession.

All in all, good 3 points and they'll help in our bid to overtake Juventus. I hope that we put in a better performance against Arsenal and go to the second leg at least qualified (1-0,2-0,2-1) or even at 0-0. With the squad we have available at this point that would be great. However, it would be bad if we have to go to London chasing a result.

Forza Milan!!
I love the way our players celebrated the win. This is really a boost for morale.
any1 got a link for the video review
or the last part where our players gather together in circle
???
The only bad thing about ESPN3 video is that as long as the game is over, the broadcast is over. Those Americans don't appreciate the post-match emotions or commotions.

When Milan drew 1-1 with Novara and had to go into extra time in the Coppa Italia, ESPN3 thought the game was already over and cut off the video. It took them a while (and maybe a dozen of angry calls) to put the game back on. Icon_lol2
aka xudong
(02-12-2012, 01:04 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Hitman, you're among the people criticizing the decisions of Allegri during the games if I'm not wrong ... This time, his decision changed the game. Why don't you give him some credit to have launched Maxi in a game we were almost sure to lose given the performance ?
Giving credit to someone other than Ibrahimovic? Are you kidding. Aren't you surprise enough that he is not blaming Pato for the poor first half performance Smile
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(02-12-2012, 01:04 AM)GeoTav Wrote: When a team wins: it's thanks to the players who were the most in form
When a team loses: it's almost entirely because of the coach

Geo, I think everyone here acknowledges that Allegri has a limited squad at the moment. The reason why I bash Allegri is because he is ineffective and slow to intervene in changing games (subs, motivational factor, etc), has poor record against big teams and doesn't have a plan B.

I have seen countless matches where it was 100% obvious that we weren't going to score with the current line up. And then Allegri waits till 80th minute to do some stupid sub, and in the end noone is surprised that we lose points.
Imho, he just doesn't make the best out of his substitutions.
Today, he got the result, but like someone else said - he had two options, Maxi or Inzaghi. I think it was obvious who he would choose..

Another thing that annoys me specifically, is that Allegri's Milan EXTREMELY RARELY looks pumped up for the game. Even against big team we try to play a calm passing game, and for me it just seems that Allegri doesn't motivate the players enough for such games.

I hope i laid it out more or less clear...

(02-12-2012, 12:54 AM)Hitman Wrote: couple of days ago I was convinced that my passion for football was wearing out, thanks to Berlusconi's lack of spending and things not going our way...

It's not passion for football when it depends on results going our way, more like glory hunting. Sad

(02-12-2012, 06:48 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Giving credit to someone other than Ibrahimovic? Are you kidding. Aren't you surprise enough that he is not blaming Pato for the poor first half performance Smile[/color][/font]

LOOOOOL!! Thank you for taking those words out of my mouth!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I am also starting to wonder when he is going to start a "sell Robinho" campaign. Devilol
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(02-12-2012, 03:22 AM)nefremo Wrote: I'm happy with the win as it was important to get points out of this one. I too was jumping up and running around after both goals. However it would be foolish to deny that we have some problems on our hands. We have a lot of players out and that doesn't help either, however it kind of shows what some of the other players are made from.

Seedorf and Ambrosini were absolutely terrible in the first half. I was fuming at both and just could not explain to myself how can two professionals that have achieved so much in their careers look so bad on the field. Ambrosini picked up his performance in the second half and battled like a captain, but Seedorf (for me) continued to be bad.

Robinho was poor too, and even our backline looked awkward at times. It was just a bad performance all around the field especially in the first half. The second half started bad too but the changes made the difference. I think Abate put on a great shift in the second half after Maxi came on and it looked like he was pushed up all the way forward on the wing for the most part, keeping Armero occupied. This ensured that counters were going to be fewer and not as dangerous as we pushed forward a bit more on the left hand side with Robinho and El Shaarawy now playing more central together with Maxi. El Shaarawy showed his potential again and I'm so happy this young star is a part of our team.

Maxi did well, but I still think that he is a limited player.....however a player with character and the will to fight. And we can see what kind of difference that can make. Even limited players look great when they run, work, and fight for the team. This is the new standard in football. Pato should take a note of that. Look at El Shaarawy for example. I don't think he is limited, as a matter of fact it's clear that he has the potential to be great and he already is a great player IMO, but he's got that extra will to fight for the ball and chase down opponents. He simply has the will to work hard and do much more then just score goals. (Actually, Juventus this year is the prime example of that........some limited, but motivated "no star" players that work for every loose ball and keep running, mixed up with some good players that can make the most of it)

Mesbah IMO is a decent player. I'm kind of surprised at how well he's done defensively. He looks like he's been part of that back line for a long time. However, I feel like we are still missing that one full back that is able to get to the byline regularly and put in dangerous crosses. Mesbah hasn't done that so far. He's done decent enough in the back. but I'm not that impressed when he goes forward. It is nice however, to finally have a left footed player that can put the ball in the box every now and then. I for some reason still feel like we should give Urby a chance there. He can use his speed and dribbling to get behind defenses and get to the byline. Especially against lesser teams where we have a lot of possession.

All in all, good 3 points and they'll help in our bid to overtake Juventus. I hope that we put in a better performance against Arsenal and go to the second leg at least qualified (1-0,2-0,2-1) or even at 0-0. With the squad we have available at this point that would be great. However, it would be bad if we have to go to London chasing a result.

Forza Milan!!

This Armero guy is impressive ... He is never tired, he is all over the pitch and can play in many positions it seems !! Started like a LB, became a midfielder and ended the game in attack, and in each position, he was a threat !!

A star in the making I think if he doesn't make the bad choices in his career ...

PS: We should trade Braida with some scout from Udinese ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(02-12-2012, 05:29 AM)sylrus Wrote: any1 got a link for the video review
or the last part where our players gather together in circle
???

try this, mate ^^

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/02/11/...1-2-milan/
(02-12-2012, 10:03 AM)Aficio Wrote: try this, mate ^^

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/02/11/...1-2-milan/

thx alot Sagrin
I missed pretty much all of the second half as people came round. However, it seems Maxi made a massive impact simply as he offered a reference point in our attacking line and can play across the line of the opposing backline.

El Shaarawy is a really smart purchase as well, a player that has a massive future (something I had doubts about during the first part of the season).

However, looking at the first half and the highlights of the second, our midfield is still seriously suffering and we're struggling because we simply get outrun in the most important areas of the field. Also, in all honesty Mexes at the back has been really bad for the last 2 matches now.

Still great result to keep us fighting for the title. Also interesting to see us play with so much intensity without Ibra.