Summer Mercato 2020 ratings
This Summer Mercato has been full of upside-downs due to COVID pandemic.

Your rating for AC Milan's transfer market? (0-10)

One can write areas which we failed to strengthen, players which we should have avoided, and what's next for Winter Mercato?
One can elaborate further.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Fir the present the rating is at best 4. For the future 6. Hopefully CL money will come next summer cause a post Ibra Milan will need a big purchase up front plus RW especially.
I'll give 5- (beeing generous due to specific conditions). We failed to bring one Ibra in midfield and one in defense.
For all players we bought (except Tonali) I never heard before. Hope they'll be good...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
9/10
i give 6.5 for this summer mercato, we could do better and certain areas need to be improved, but that last minute laxalt deal puzzled me, why let him go when we got no backup for theo
(10-06-2020, 03:13 AM)sylrus Wrote: i give 6.5 for this summer mercato, we could do better and certain areas need to be improved, but that last minute laxalt deal puzzled me, why let him go when we got no backup for theo

Dalot and Calabria are backup gor Theo.
7/10
Fearsome RW, towering SC and solid CB to be 10/10, given our financial status.
I thought overall we did okay. We got the some of the most important players that we needed to target, and we missed out on a couple (RW and CB). But, considering our reduced financial situation, especially with the covid=19 pandemics going on, I thought Maldini and co did a very prudent market. We paid players for their fair value, for the most part. And more importantly, we didn't panic even when we're basically left with 2 central defenders. Some of the names we're linked with, I thought were way overpriced. Fofana not worth the 40m Leicester paid. Bakayoko for 40m was also overpriced (money better spent strengthening RW). Though, we also missed out I think on Kabak on a pretty good deal for like 20-25m, which Maldini lowballed.

I think going forward for the winter mercato and the summer mercato next year will depend a lot on our position at the league. If we qualified for the CL, I'd love to see us splash on big-name RW, CB and perhaps some stop gap Striker to bridge from Zlatan to whoever is next. So our focus should be:

1. Get Donnarumma to extend his contract
2. Get Brahim on permanent basis (Dalot I don't know, haven't seen him much playing)
3. Get a RW
4. Get a CB as long-term partner for Romagnoli (someone like Kabak)
5. Get a LB to deputize for Theo (unless Dalot can play there as well)
6. Get a Striker as long-term replacement for Zlatan (though, I think Leao could be the answer here)
Taking everything into consideration, budget, squad needs and choices made so far, I'd give the management a 5/10 for the 2020 summer mercato. Think we should've done better.
(10-06-2020, 06:13 AM)bop Wrote: I thought overall we did okay. We got the some of the most important players that we needed to target, and we missed out on a couple (RW and CB). But, considering our reduced financial situation, especially with the covid=19 pandemics going on, I thought Maldini and co did a very prudent market. We paid players for their fair value, for the most part. And more importantly, we didn't panic even when we're basically left with 2 central defenders. Some of the names we're linked with, I thought were way overpriced. Fofana not worth the 40m Leicester paid. Bakayoko for 40m was also overpriced (money better spent strengthening RW). Though, we also missed out I think on Kabak on a pretty good deal for like 20-25m, which Maldini lowballed.

I think going forward for the winter mercato and the summer mercato next year will depend a lot on our position at the league. If we qualified for the CL, I'd love to see us splash on big-name RW, CB and perhaps some stop gap Striker to bridge from Zlatan to whoever is next. So our focus should be:

1. Get Donnarumma to extend his contract
2. Get Brahim on permanent basis (Dalot I don't know, haven't seen him much playing)
3. Get a RW
4. Get a CB as long-term partner for Romagnoli (someone like Kabak)
5. Get a LB to deputize for Theo (unless Dalot can play there as well)
6. Get a Striker as long-term replacement for Zlatan (though, I think Leao could be the answer here)

Welcome to MM, bop.  Devilcool
aka xudong