Week 7: AC Milan - Verona November 8 20:45
Immediate effect of the match is that Zaccagni has been called up by Mancini for International matches
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
as Bennacer says, Pioli has to start thinking of fielding more attacking formation from the first min on....especially against these small sides which play 99 min in defense and never attack. A 4-3-3 pr even 4-2-4 in the phase of attack is a must for us in order to unlock these village sides.Having a rock in the mid like Kessie, should avoid fast counterattacks from the opposition. in this constellation pressing high would panic their defenses and make them vulnerable.
Juric's words about Milan say it all. He was left really impressed, as I really think no team this this season has pegged them back like we did. He said we have everything it takes to compete for the title, and I couldn't agree more. Here are his words:
“I don’t think Juventus will win the way they did last season, they’re not as dominant as in the past. Milan are fantastic, they are young, talented, use a high press, run hard, they’ve got everything it takes, with players like Franck Kessie, Ante Rebic, Ismael Bennacer…"

And he is absolutely right. This team is built to play a high intensity, high pressing football. We run more then anyone in Italy...and yes, that includes Atalanta. When we do that (2nd half yesterday) is when we are at our best. Of course, it becomes more prominent and visible when opponents tire out a bit. But point is we have young, energetic, yet tecnically sound players. If we could avoid lapses in concentration when defending set pieces, we could have had an extra 6 points now. Of course, this is not possible. The opponents play also and sometimes we have to give them props also. But playing with the intensity we did in the 2nd half yesterday should be enough to win 90% of the games in Italy. Then, you have games like the one vs Roma and the one yesterday...where no matter how well you play, things just don't seem to go your way.

I was really disappointed yesterday, and still am with the result. But the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was a positive day. To go down 2-0 early on....and to then fight back tooth and nail to get back into the game...it takes a lot of character. And not only that. We had set backs. Set backs that usually cause players to put their head down and think "damn, that didn't go in and now that's it". But no. Even after the disallowed goals, the missed penalty, the post, the goal line clearances, the missed 1v1s....we kept believing and kept pressing on. Angry even, that we are still behind. This was a good sign of what's to come imo.
(11-09-2020, 03:12 PM)nefremo Wrote: Juric's words about Milan say it all. He was left really impressed, as I really think no team this this season has pegged them back like we did. He said we have everything it takes to compete for the title, and I couldn't agree more. Here are his words:
“I don’t think Juventus will win the way they did last season, they’re not as dominant as in the past. Milan are fantastic, they are young, talented, use a high press, run hard, they’ve got everything it takes, with players like Franck Kessie, Ante Rebic, Ismael Bennacer…"

And he is absolutely right. This team is built to play a high intensity, high pressing football. We run more then anyone in Italy...and yes, that includes Atalanta. When we do that (2nd half yesterday) is when we are at our best. Of course, it becomes more prominent and visible when opponents tire out a bit. But point is we have young, energetic, yet tecnically sound players. If we could avoid lapses in concentration when defending set pieces, we could have had an extra 6 points now. Of course, this is not possible. The opponents play also and sometimes we have to give them props also. But playing with the intensity we did in the 2nd half yesterday should be enough to win 90% of the games in Italy. Then, you have games like the one vs Roma and the one yesterday...where no matter how well you play, things just don't seem to go your way.

I was really disappointed yesterday, and still am with the result. But the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it was a positive day. To go down 2-0 early on....and to then fight back tooth and nail to get back into the game...it takes a lot of character. And not only that. We had set backs. Set backs that usually cause players to put their head down and think "damn, that didn't go in and now that's it". But no. Even after the disallowed goals, the missed penalty, the post, the goal line clearances, the missed 1v1s....we kept believing and kept pressing on. Angry even, that we are still behind. This was a good sign of what's to come imo.

Good post. 
Did a bit of reflecting myself and wanted to add that that as bad as we think of them for their name,  Hellas has actually been damn good this season. 

On the pitch,  they stole 3 points from us,  from Roma and from Juve already,  and they're sitting right outside the European spots. 
They aren't pushovers in the least. 
Going on form alone,  even Merda and Atalanta would find it hard to break down Hellas.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(11-09-2020, 03:12 PM)nefremo Wrote: Juric's words about Milan say it all. He was left really impressed, as I really think no team this this season has pegged them back like we did. He said we have everything it takes to compete for the title, and I couldn't agree more. Here are his words:

i can see in calabria eyes he is angry with the mistake, and that resulted in him playing better as time goes on, but after that 2nd goal, we are still shaky, so many miss pass, but thank god in 2nd half with increase our intensity, and i like with what i saw from leao in this game, his grit, speed, technique is excellent in this game, its just too bad that pioli late in changing hakan imo, should be at the same time like diaz come in. 

also a note on hauge, i think he is a very intelligent player, he plays like a raumdeuter imo. always moving looking for spaces.

on ibra, i get mad so many times in this game, even throwing my glasses ( to my bed ) 3 times. so many chances he can score but he choose to pass the ball instead. and the pk, i already have a feeling he would fail that pk. 

but all in all, i'm quite satisfied with the performance from the team, but not from the result, we should be able to win this game easily.
Show Zlatan some Pippo goals, to learn some skills how to use chances Smile