Week 14: Milan - Lazio December 23 20:45
No Kessie (yellows), no Ibra, Gabbia, Bennacer, very very small chance Rebic, Kjaer

Interesting statistic: Since Serie A became a round-robin tournament (1929/30), no team that has been unbeaten after 13 games ever finished the season outside the top four.

https://sempremilan.com/catching-barcelo...r-sassuolo

Fingers crossed we're not the first one!

Also I am mentally preparing myself for a defeat against Lazio. If we had midfielders to play I think we'd have a good chance of getting a result, but now...
I was mentally prepearing myself fir a defeat vs Sassuolo as well... Lol
If this is true Kalulu should play CM instead of Krunic, he will do a better job.

Attached Files Image(s)

No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(12-21-2020, 01:01 PM)Kastriot Wrote: If this is true Kalulu should play CM instead of Krunic, he will do a better job.

He actually played a fantastic match against Sassuolo. And apparently the reason he's playing at all is that he Pioli set up a direct competition between him, Duarte and Musacchio in training, and Kalulu won. Impressive.
In the absence of Kessie and Tonali, Pioli would have 2 ideas on who to put next to Krunic: Hakan Calhanoglu or Davide Calabria. (Sky)
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(12-21-2020, 02:57 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: In the absence of Kessie and Tonali, Pioli would have 2 ideas on who to put next to Krunic: Hakan Calhanoglu or Davide Calabria. (Sky)

change the tactic
(12-21-2020, 01:01 PM)Kastriot Wrote: If this is true Kalulu should play CM instead of Krunic, he will do a better job.

I am NOT a fan of Krunic. I think I've made that known in the past. Big Grin But, I'm not sure those stats say Kalulu will be better in the CM then Krunic or anyone else. As a CB most of your passes are made facing forward under little pressure (for the most part), and whatever pressure comes, it comes from 1 angle. Compare that to being in the midfield, and it's a different beast. You receive the ball in all sorts of positions, facing different angles, with pressure coming from all sides and much much shorter time on the ball to control, make a decision (if you haven't made one prior to receiving the ball anyway), etc, etc. 

So I'm not saying Kalulu won't do ok in the center of the field, nor that he's worse then Krunic. Just saying...CBs stats won't directly translate to the CM.

As for the Lazio game.....this is the 1st time this season where going into the game, I'm generally worried. Kjaer out is a problem, we know that, but we've dealt with it somehow. But if that wasn't enough, we have our top 3 choices in the modfield out. We're so screwed with the midfield, that the likely solution is moving our 1st choice AM back into one of the pivot roles. 

I am never satisfied with anything less then a win. I'm realistic and know we can't win them all. Some of the draws recently were disappointing, but understandable. I think this is the 1st game this year where I will honestly be happy with a draw. 
Lazio is coming off a great game vs Napoli. They have, more or less, a full squad available. 

On top of the injuries/suspensions, the team seems to be struggling physically. We don't look to be in top physical shape. What separated us post Covid, and especially in July/August and the beginning of this season, was the physical preparation. We were just outrunning everyone. We looked fresh. Sharp. We scored a ton of goals in the 2nd half of games and just wore teams out. But now, we oursepves look worn out after 60 minutes. It's understandable. We've played a lot of games. We just need to get through 1 more. Then the team can have some days off and recover. 

So here's to always playing for the win....but knowing that a draw here is a good result too!
(12-21-2020, 03:29 PM)mazen111 Wrote: change the tactic

This doesn't happen often....but I actually agree with you on this one.  Icon_lol2

It's an emergency situation. The players we have available can't do the same job as those that are not there. So this is probably a good time to show a little flexibility and adjust the formation. We no longer have characteristics to be effective in a 4231.
(12-21-2020, 03:29 PM)mazen111 Wrote: change the tactic

--Leao---Hauge--Colombo--Samu--Diaz--
-----------Hakan-------------------
-------------------------------------
--Theo--Kalulu--Roma--Calabria
-----------Donna-------------------

Fixed Icon_lol2
You fear because you live without Love Pioli