AC Milan Vs. Juventus (25/2/12) 20:45
Before the match I was expecting a draw, considering the catastrophic situation with injuries + no Ibra, Boa, and no target man for that matter.

BUT, Milan was an exteremely nice surprise with their football and fighting spirit. The first 70 minutes were similar to the Arsenal match. We didn't give Juve anything, played compact midfield and defense, and hit them with lightning fast counter attacks.
Can you effing believe this? We outplayed Juve in midfield. We were threatening on counter attacks....

I feel like the result was stolen from Milan. At 2:0 it would have been a completely different game. And at 2:1 it once again would have been a completely different game.
And Matri WAS offside -
[Image: c2fE2.jpg]

Now regarding the match:
- Allegri fielded a perfect line up and had a perfect plan imo, considering our current squad
- Juve played with their strongest squad, while we had 5-6 key players out
- Still we outplayed them for 70 minutes while showing class in defense
- Muntari was great
- Urby was great in counter attack openings
- Urby - Ambro sub was an epitome of idiocy. As soon as I saw that sub, I knew we would lose points. We stopped counter attacking completely after Ambro came on, and just gave the ball back to Juve every time allowing them to get back into the game. Grave error from Allegri imho.
- Finally, Juve's comments after the match were a disgrace.

SES vs Pato
- Despite being a huge Pato fun, I said from the start we shouldn't start him.
Pato is clearly not match fit, and he NEVER EVER plays well without proper midfield. Today we had 0 creative midfielders.
- Pato made one nice flick past Bonucci and should have been faster to break 1 on 1. But again, he was too slow = not match sharp.
- SES looked lively the second he came on, which got me worried comapring him to Pato.
- But SES faded out from the game just like Pato in the first half. SES did more to put pressure on the opponents and help out in midfield, but in attack he turned out to be just as invisible.

Moral of the story: we CANT play either Pato or SES without proper midfield. We needed a target man, but one was supsended and another was injured.

(02-26-2012, 04:21 AM)ElMago99 Wrote: All I have to say is that our players played with immense heart and I am proud of them.

Immense heart, yes. I feel proud of this Milan squad too. We deserve the Scudetto.

(02-26-2012, 10:18 AM)Revolver Wrote: I'd like to hear your lads view on Pirlo.

Wrong. This season Pirlo won many of Juve's game single-handedly, by providing WC assists when Juve just couldn't break down the opposition.

"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC Milan Vs. Juventus (25/2/12) 20:45 - by fLame - 02-26-2012, 11:11 AM