Summer mercato 2021
Finally the time has come I have to again see Bakayoko in Milan colours Wallbang

#KRUNICOUT
#SAMUOUT
#MEITEOUT
Ryo Wrote:With our team as competitive as it is, I don't see no reason Kessie would NOT sign.

This is not about Milan being competitive or not, it is about money for him and his agent.
Faivre deal off as talks between Milan and Brest fall apart. Brest not lowering their €15m asking price.
Milan attempt to sign Atalanta's Miranchuk.
(08-30-2021, 06:40 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Faivre deal off as talks between Milan and Brest fall apart. Brest not lowering their €15m asking price.

Can we send Krunic there for Faivre. It hurts to hear that, 15M was too good deal for someone like Faivre

#KRUNICOUT
#SAMUOUT
#MEITEOUT
I am very pissed off that we couldn’t sign Faivre!

Calhanoglu signed to Inter at the end of June, we had more than 2 months to find his replacement and this happens if we leave everything for the final 2 days.

We think that at the end of the market everybody will give us a discount from players’ prices, but it’s not the case anymore!

It also happaned last year about the central defender, we wanted Kabak, couldn’t sign him and ended the market with empty hands.
We returned in January to sign Tomori.

So we have two solutions, same as last year we end the market without a Brahim Diaz and Saelemakers replacement or do a panic buy on the last day.
Maybe we try to return in January and sign a playmaker, but either way we will be short in this area which will be a huge problem if we see that we have a tough Serie A and Champions Lesgue schedule!
Apparently Faivre's decision to not join the team for their match vs Strasbourg backfired. It angered their management. We offered €12m + €3m bonus and they demanded €15m straight up after initially requesting €18m.
I don't think we should do a panic buy. To your point, look at Kabak. We are all glad we didn't sign him because eventually we ended up with the better player.

So, even though it sucks, I'd rather move forward this way and save some money for January. Who knows...priorities may change by then and we may be in need of something totally different. It'd be nice to have some cash to address any issues that come up in the 1st 4 months of the season.
(08-30-2021, 07:49 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Apparently Faivre's decision to not join the team for their match vs Strasbourg backfired. It angered their management. We offered €12m + €3m bonus and they demanded €15m straight up after initially requesting €18m.

Totally agree!
Waiting for discounts is not a guarantee at all, in a non COVID situation it probably have been even less guarantee.
Obviously FFP plays a role but it is relaxed for now so any amount not spent better make the team much more financially stable later otherwise there are very good ~15 million opportunities that could pay off easily and soon like Koopmeiners, Faivre too. It's not like we haven't spent so this is not a total crap market but still...