Summer mercato 2021
(08-31-2021, 03:11 PM)MilanMB Wrote: You should definitely censor the guy with the weird opinion on Kalulu.

Weird opinion in your eyes. Since you (or anyone here ,for that matter) are not golden merit about which opinions are "legit" and which are "bad" - not going to happen. Good thing bout this forums is that it's ruled by tolerance (clearly unknown term for you, considering post I'm quoting), not by dictatorship.
I sometimes read here things which made me roll my eyes in disbelief ,but you won't find me whining around and asking for anticivlisation measures against those people and their basic human rights. This is 21st century, not 11th. Welcome to it and learn tolerance, it can only help you.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(09-01-2021, 11:47 AM)nefremo Wrote: Bench him! Put him in the stands for every CL game (since we can only put 7 on the bench in those games)

With Tonali showing his form, we should bench kessie and play with Bennacer and Tonali. I actually think those 2 are better overall.
(09-01-2021, 03:25 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Our squad looks a lot better depthwise:

GK: MM, Tatarusanu, Plizzari, Krunic
LB: Theo  , Ballo-Toure, Krunic
RB: Calabria, Florenzi, Kalulu, Conti, Krunic
CB:Kjaer, Tomori, Romagnoli, Gabbia, Kalulu, Krunic
DM:Kessie  , Bennacer, Tonali, Bakayoko  , Krunic
LM:Rebic, Leao , Krunic, Maldini, Krunic
RM:Saelemaekers, Florenzi, Messias , Castillejo, Krunic
AM: Diaz,  Messias , Maldini,  Krunic
CF: Ibrahimovic, Giroud,  Pellegri, Leao, Rebic, Krunic

Youth player's who may help out : Capone (AM)  , Roback (CF) , Jungdal (GK), Kerkez (LB) , Alesi (AM).

Fixed it. You had Krunic at three positions only  Icon_lol2
(09-01-2021, 12:01 PM)Aficio Wrote: Sorry, I didn't mention his football capabilities  Blush

- He is a master dribbler: completed 105 dribbles in 36 Serie A matches. At 30 I can't find anyone who could accomplish such a feat, except Messi  Okmilan
- He is fast
- He is left-footed yet having a strong right foot.
- He can play RW, SS, and sometimes AM.
- He possesses good stamina, helped him play 36 matches full time while almost all wingers run out of gas quickly (ex: Chiesa, or our current RW)
- He has "instinct" in his dribbles and finishes, just my opinion 
And last but not least, he comes cheap for only 2.6M this season while someone like Faivre costs 12M+3 (our offer) or 15M right away (Brest). If Messias is 3 years younger, his price must be much higher than Faivre, IMO.

So, for CL:
- He can make us stronger by giving a new weapon: running pass opponent, on the right wing where both Alexis and Samu (and Florenzi) are not able to.
- More goals, our RWs (and LWs now) are not good at finishing
- He gives us depth. Surely. Any team competes in CL must have depth.
- He makes our tactics more realistically versatile by his position: RW in 4-2-3-1, SS in 4-4-2 (we now have 5 FWs: Ibra, Giroud, Pellegri, Rebic and he), and I think we could try him at CAM.

Of course, there are also downsides as his physical abilities can only get worse, his tactical awareness maybe not good (Milan can improve that), and I have questions for his 6 yellow cards last season (maybe that means he also joins the defense). 

In general, for 2.6M that's a nice move.

From what I found and observe from YouTube, he is mainly a CAM. He seem to drop deep to retrieve the ball thus his many dribbles. I don't think he play as RW.
(09-01-2021, 01:21 PM)hwmook Wrote: From what I found and observe from YouTube, he is mainly a CAM. He seem to drop deep to retrieve the ball thus his many dribbles. I don't think he play as RW.

That's even better  Okmilan
“When I saw the word Milan I was excited. Milan is the team of my heart and who I supported and I am excited to be here,” he said (via MilanNews).

On Maldini and Ibrahimovic: “Paolo was an exceptional player and now he is doing a great job as a director. He is an exemplary person. There is also Zlatan, an extraordinary player.”

On the past: “I learned to play on the street with friends, but sometimes even alone. Where there was a space to kick a ball, I also did it alone. It was a beautiful thing and that was what I liked best . You have fun. My parents have always pushed me, then my family, my wife, my children, after I had them, I really changed.”

On his arrival in Italy: “I arrived here and it was all different, I had never left my village. It was a whole different world, I immediately settled in and started working. Then there is my brother who I had brought with me and he returned to Brazil after 30-40 days, but I stayed here.”

On his dream: “At a certain point I didn’t believe it anymore, I played just to have fun, so I didn’t think I could get to this level. In the amateur leagues you play for 10 months, then in the other two months I went to work and made deliveries. This thing made me see the values ​​of life and pushed me so much.”

On the hard work he has done: “If I arrived it is because I worked so hard, I suffered, I made sacrifices. When you arrive, therefore, you have to demonstrate for yourself, for the others, for the team, for the group, all together.”

On the stars of Milan: “Many really strong players have passed through Milan who are my idols, not only Brazilians but also Italians. The team is well built, plays well and is trained well. I think we will be able to achieve our goals.”

On Ibra and Giroud: “Playing with them becomes easier: they make you understand, with their movements, that when needed they put it inside.”

On the arrival at Milan: “I am humble and I work for the group and this is my strength. It takes sacrifice, it takes work. I have never thought of reaching that high, however, year by year and season by season. I worked to play in Eccellenza (lower league) and when I arrived in Serie B I worked for that category. Dreams come true, you just have to believe in them.”

I have a positive feeling about this actuallySmile
So sold Hauge, a very talented young player with lots of upsides and bought a soon to be 31 year old from serie B.

Logic?
Why not just keep Hague and give him a full season?
(09-01-2021, 03:11 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: So sold Hauge, a very talented young player with lots of upsides and bought a soon to be 31 year old from serie B.

Logic?

Hauge didn’t know tactics.

Messiass kicked the ball into the wall few years back, he knows how it bounces off. Perfect to play double pass with Samu  Icon_lol2
(09-01-2021, 03:11 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: So sold Hauge, a very talented young player with lots of upsides and bought a soon to be 31 year old from serie B.

Logic?

Hauge =LW  Messias = CAM. 

Hauge would be behind Rebic, Leao, Krunic  and probably Maldini. Pioli was also too stupid to give JPH a season.
Joking aside, very mediocre mercato. However, giving the club’s objective - my assumption: only group stage in CL and 4th place in Serie A - it seems rational.

Very good: Maignan and Tomori
Good: reduced wage bill
Bad: keeping ineffective players
Very bad: keeping Kessie and Roma without contract extension.

I didn’t like our attack last year, I don’t think it would be better this time around. It would be very difficult to score 80, which I believe is needed for CL spot. Breaking into 70s might be enough, if the defense is a bit better. We’ll see.
I don’t put much emphasis on the CL participation. Let’s have fun, since it’s been a while since we had it.