Summer mercato 2021
(08-31-2021, 03:23 PM)sylrus Wrote: if you start bringing racist just because of a meme, i think you are in wrong place, its just a meme, dont take it seriously, and others is allowed an opinion whatever it is, even mazen Devilol

Everyone is allowed except mazen. Don't forget Sagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Demonbanana Wrote:Hauge =LW  Messias = CAM. 

Hauge would be behind Rebic, Leao, Krunic  and probably Maldini. Pioli was also too stupid to give JPH a season.

Hauge has mostly played RW in Eintracht Frankfurt so far, so he can play both even though LW is probably the preferred position.
DrDejan Wrote:Joking aside, very mediocre mercato. However, giving the club’s objective - my assumption: only group stage in CL and 4th place in Serie A - it seems rational.

Very good: Maignan and Tomori
Good: reduced wage bill
Bad: keeping ineffective players
Very bad: keeping Kessie and Roma without contract extension.

I didn’t like our attack last year, I don’t think it would be better this time around. It would be very difficult to score 80, which I believe is needed for CL spot. Breaking into 70s might be enough, if the defense is a bit better. We’ll see.
I don’t put much emphasis on the CL participation. Let’s have fun, since it’s been a while since we had it.

It's not fun if we lose. Devilcool
(09-01-2021, 12:01 PM)Aficio Wrote: Sorry, I didn't mention his football capabilities  Blush

- He is a master dribbler: completed 105 dribbles in 36 Serie A matches. At 30 I can't find anyone who could accomplish such a feat, except Messi  Okmilan
- He is fast
- He is left-footed yet having a strong right foot.
- He can play RW, SS, and sometimes AM.
- He possesses good stamina, helped him play 36 matches full time while almost all wingers run out of gas quickly (ex: Chiesa, or our current RW)
- He has "instinct" in his dribbles and finishes, just my opinion 
And last but not least, he comes cheap for only 2.6M this season while someone like Faivre costs 12M+3 (our offer) or 15M right away (Brest). If Messias is 3 years younger, his price must be much higher than Faivre, IMO.

So, for CL:
- He can make us stronger by giving a new weapon: running pass opponent, on the right wing where both Alexis and Samu (and Florenzi) are not able to.
- More goals, our RWs (and LWs now) are not good at finishing
- He gives us depth. Surely. Any team competes in CL must have depth.
- He makes our tactics more realistically versatile by his position: RW in 4-2-3-1, SS in 4-4-2 (we now have 5 FWs: Ibra, Giroud, Pellegri, Rebic and he), and I think we could try him at CAM.

Of course, there are also downsides as his physical abilities can only get worse, his tactical awareness maybe not good (Milan can improve that), and I have questions for his 6 yellow cards last season (maybe that means he also joins the defense). 

In general, for 2.6M that's a nice move.

For 2.6m, he is fine for what he is. But we have glaring holes at RW and CAM that needed starter level players to fill, not some lottery ticket depth piece. This is pretty much in line with the Mandzukic signing from last season, signing a backup/depth piece for a role that needed someone much higher quality. He had one good season on a relegation level team, which means he has accomplished even less than someone like Samu or Krunic did before we signed them. And at the tender age of 30 (soon to be 31), he has no upside at all. That means, if he doesn't come in and immediately become a useful contributor, the signing was basically meaningless and useless because he has no upside at all. If we wanted to be financially responsible, this is the kind of signing we need to avoid at all cost. And before everyone start talking about how we should trust our scout network, I do trust them. And I know for a fact that this guy was option Z so that says a lot about his quality compared to the other targets we had. Better managed teams out there would've trusted a youth player over signing something like this.
It takes a lot of guts Big Grin to claim Messias is anything more than 2nd or 3rd depth player. He can seize the opportunity and be more but it won't be based on scouting, it would be based on his will and extra work and 'second effort'.
(09-01-2021, 11:03 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: This morning’s edition of il Corriere dello Sport (via MilanLive) writes that Kessie and his agent are asking for €8.5m net per season in total which is comprised of €7m fixed plus €1.5m in potential bonuses, while the Rossoneri management have put forward €5.5m net so there is considerable distance between the parties.

The report mentions that there is now a strong risk that the Rossoneri could lose yet another player on a free transfer and the situation that has arisen is not what Milan imagined after Kessie spoke at the Tokyo Olympics and declared that he wanted to stay.

Yet another to walk away on a free. Serious questions need to be asked of the management. Heads would roll in other businesses for such incompetence.

If you actually believe the tabloids who have shown all summer that they don't even know what our management are doing.... well that's up to you.

Personally I'm waiting and seeing. Y'all are dumb if you think they don't learn from their mistakes.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Messias after reading MM, will do his best to prove us wrong. He will explode has nothing to lose Smile
(09-01-2021, 05:53 PM)slifersd Wrote: For 2.6m, he is fine for what he is. But we have glaring holes at RW and CAM that needed starter level players to fill, not some lottery ticket depth piece. This is pretty much in line with the Mandzukic signing from last season, signing a backup/depth piece for a role that needed someone much higher quality. He had one good season on a relegation level team, which means he has accomplished even less than someone like Samu or Krunic did before we signed them. And at the tender age of 30 (soon to be 31), he has no upside at all. That means, if he doesn't come in and immediately become a useful contributor, the signing was basically meaningless and useless because he has no upside at all. If we wanted to be financially responsible, this is the kind of signing we need to avoid at all cost. And before everyone start talking about how we should trust our scout network, I do trust them. And I know for a fact that this guy was option Z so that says a lot about his quality compared to the other targets we had. Better managed teams out there would've trusted a youth player over signing something like this.

I think he made more dribbles and goals in 1 season than Samu did in all his seasons here. If he is not good then I suppose its right to call Samu trash.
(09-01-2021, 06:26 PM)Ryo Wrote: If you actually believe the tabloids who have shown all summer that they don't even know what our management are doing.... well that's up to you.

Personally I'm waiting and seeing. Y'all are dumb if you think they don't learn from their mistakes.

Agree if learning from mistake is that they are sure a contract will be signed. The opportunity to sell is already gone, in January you can perhaps try to get 5 million. Unless you are Real or PSG (dealing with players like Mbappe) even that 5 is not easy.
(09-01-2021, 06:19 PM)reza Wrote: It takes a lot of guts Big Grin to claim Messias is anything more than 2nd or 3rd depth player. He can seize the opportunity and be more but it won't be based on scouting, it would be based on his will and extra work and 'second effort'.

I am pretty sure he will be first team player by January. Devilcool as RW
AC MILAN