Summer mercato 2021
(09-02-2021, 11:18 PM)slifersd Wrote: Having played pro sports in your life, I would think you of all people can understand the amount of training and preparation that goes into becoming a pro player at the highest level. I too have known people who became Olympic level athletes, and those guys started training professionally many many years before they went to the Olympics. To play at the highest level, you cannot afford to have a lot of idle years in your youth, that's just the reality. There is a reason you don't find a lot of star players in the NBA who worked in restaurants in their 20s, because all the time they spend not training essentially make it impossible for them to make it to the big league, even if they are physically gifted. 

I am not saying Messias is a bad person or anything, but if he wasn't training professionally everyday until his mid 20s, the odds aren't good that he should even play at Serie A level, nevertheless Champions League. The fact that he made it to Serie A was already a miracle, now we are betting on an even bigger miracle that he can play in the CL. I am actually very happy that he made it to the big leagues, but for us to bet our Serie A and CL chances on him is just embarrassing.

Who is to say those years were idle years? He could've trained every single day but had to work at a supermarket to pay the bills. Again I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's too many factors in each and every persons life to make that type of judgement. The fact is there are players who are professionals and have been for while, that have idle years. What differentiates whether they stay professional & continue getting paid what they deserve is their performances. My point is I don't think what he did then matters because he's here now. His performances at Crotone don't tell me he's worth Milan, but he deserves to be in Serie A based on recent performance & as long as he keeps that up then his years at the supermarket are just a past memory.

Where I certainly agree with you, is your last point. It's poor judgement to rely on him for CL, but I do think we ran out of time and we poorly judged the final days of our market. Maybe we were relying on a sale of one of our bench players that didn't come. Not sure what the logic was behind the move. I'm not arguing it's subpar to what we needed, but the working at a supermarket and all that isn't relevant to passing a judgement on the guy lol.

His signing, along with buying Adli and loaning him back out was simply bizarre.
Guys, he wasn’t ever to be our champions league savior. At most, a bench option to help unlock some opponents with a skill set different than Saele. Truth is, we are aiming for consistent top four finishes rather than CL glory. Stats show he can at least perform in Serie a.

He plugs a hole until the summer. Now let’s enjoy Champagne futbol.
(09-03-2021, 03:37 AM)honsano Wrote: Guys, he wasn’t ever to be our champions league savior. At most, a bench option to help unlock some opponents with a skill set different than Saele. Truth is, we are aiming for consistent top four finishes rather than CL glory. Stats show he can at least perform in Serie a.

Simply and well said  Okmilan
(09-03-2021, 03:37 AM)honsano Wrote: Guys, he wasn’t ever to be our champions league savior. At most, a bench option to help unlock some opponents with a skill set different than Saele. Truth is, we are aiming for consistent top four finishes rather than CL glory. Stats show he can at least perform in Serie a.

100% this

I will add that he's not the first nor the last BRazilian footballer who's had to work another job to survive and not break through till a little later in his career.
Liedson was similar and only went pro at 22. until then was playing amateur league while working full time in a supermarket.
Ends up winning titles as a player and making it to the Portuguese National Team. 

Just an example of history not meaning jack. The guy showed a lot of quality last season, at worst, he'll be a point of difference for us out on the right. Rather than the hard working and ineffective plays by Saele or the completely useless everything from Samu.
Eintracht Frankfurt director confirms he made deadline day attempt to sign #ACMilan winger Castillejo

Russian and Turkish windows are still open. It would be great if one of those main clubs came in for Samu and Conti.
According to (unconfirmed) rumours Kessie has an agreement to join PSG next summer on a free.

Maldini and Massara got played like a flute if true..
CSKA Moscow and Milan are finalising the transfer of Castillejo to the Russian club on loan. They are discussing the addition of an option to buy. Milan want to include a buyout option worth €8-10M while CSKA want to lower the figure @MilanEye

Massara has confirmed negotiations are happening with CSKA.

And I just talked about that a few hours back.
Primavera signings

Clinton Nsiala Makengo - Nantes (17 years - CB)
Leonardo Ferroni - Salo Giovanili (16 years - CB)
Alberto Chiesurin - MonteBelluna G. (16 years - Midfield)
Chaka Traore - Parma (16 years - winger)
Hugo Cuenca - CD Capiata (16 years - attacking midfield)
Simone Condella - Juventus (17 years - winge
(09-03-2021, 03:31 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: CSKA Moscow and Milan are finalising the transfer of Castillejo to the Russian club on loan. They are discussing the addition of an option to buy. Milan want to include a buyout option worth €8-10M while CSKA want to lower the figure @MilanEye

Massara has confirmed negotiations are happening with CSKA.

And I just talked about that a few hours back.

They won't use the option as next summer he will only have one year left on his contract. He will be coming back.
Should we offer him a renewal so that we don't lose him for free? Big Grin