Summer mercato 2021
(09-06-2021, 12:10 AM)DrDejan Wrote: Gazetta reports that Milan has met Kessie’s demands two times, at 3M and at 4.5M. Both times he changed his mind after Milan positively responded to his request.

Even with that, Milan offered him 5M plus bonuses. Kessie asked for 6, than changed his mind again and asked for 7.

If this is really the case, Kessie is the worst personality that has ever wore this jersey. Compared to Kessie and his agent, Dollar and Fatso look like angels.

If I see Kessie again in AC Milan’s jersey, I’ll be more pi**ed off than looking at Samu parading his tattoos!

Is Kessie and his agent playing cat and mouse with Maldini? LOL. If that is true, and I seriously doubt it, Kessie better hope his next contract is so big he won't need another contract after that. What club management would seriously negotiate like that? How can i negotiate with you when you don't even know what you want?
(09-05-2021, 08:52 PM)slifersd Wrote: You are never guaranteed a sale, but you are guaranteed a big fat zero when they walk for free. I am not sure why somehow that's considered better? Yes, it would suck to pay Roma, say 4m a year if he was bad or injured, but letting a guy worth 20m walk away for nothing is not exactly good financial management. IMO, the only players we should not do renewals for are the ones who are just garbage and shouldn't be on the team, like Samu and Krunic. Every other player, even someone like Roma should be considered renewal because even if we have to keep him, he would at least have a role to play on the team. Now, if we can't agreed on the terms of the renewal, then we need to sell them early to avoid this situations. The idea that somehow management did a great job negotiating for months and then lose the players for free is...just dumb to me.

So, we give Romagnoli the 9M he's asking for (5M net is what he's asking for according to most reports, some even say 5.5M but we'll take the less of the two....+ tax of 45% in Italy) for four years = 36M committed to pay him over the life of his contract. Guaranteed!! Please don't forget Raiola's fees, which are guaranteed to be several million. But lef's leave that out for now. 

So you yourself said a sale is never guaranteed and agreed with that. So if he's worth 20M like you said and that's not at all guaranteed, how does it make sense to renew him at that salary JUST so that we don't lose him for free??? Keep in mind...whoever EVEN THINKS about paying that 20M transfer fee will also have to agree to pay his fat 5M net salary. 
All of a sudden things get complicated, right? You now seriously risk paying your 3rd choice CB 5M net for the next 4 years (or 36M in total like I mentioned earlier)...and you can not get rid of him. No necessarily because he's shit. But because the teams interested can't and won't pay that.

And lastly, don't forget the domino effect of what the actual starters in the defensive department will start demanding if you all of a sudden hand out a 5M salary to your 3rd CB.

This is a step that we NEED to get to (paying 5M salaries to 3rd CB)...but we're not there yet. Not with our revenue. Not in the current situation. Maybe in a few years.

I do agree that Romagnoli has a role to play. I'm loving the fact that Romagnoli is our 3rd CB. It's great. And if paying 5M net to our 3rd CB is in line with our budget...then by all means. Do it! I'm just not so sure. Really not sure about that. We are in the CL for the 1st time in 7 years! We are not even breaking 200M in revenue. I'm afraid that handing out contracts like these will kill us, if we let's say miss the CL next year. I'm not so sure it's the responsible thing to do. 5M for Romagnoli, 6/7/8M for Kessie. On and on we go, JUST so that we don't lose them for free. In the meantime, no matter what, we are stuck with the fat guaranteed contracts.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'd hate to lose players for free knowing that maybe, maybe they can fetch a transfer fee. All I'm saying is that I'm understanding of the management's decisions and way if handling this. It's not THAT simple as people make it to be.
(09-05-2021, 08:52 PM)slifersd Wrote: You are never guaranteed a sale, but you are guaranteed a big fat zero when they walk for free. I am not sure why somehow that's considered better? Yes, it would suck to pay Roma, say 4m a year if he was bad or injured, but letting a guy worth 20m walk away for nothing is not exactly good financial management. IMO, the only players we should not do renewals for are the ones who are just garbage and shouldn't be on the team, like Samu and Krunic. Every other player, even someone like Roma should be considered renewal because even if we have to keep him, he would at least have a role to play on the team. Now, if we can't agreed on the terms of the renewal, then we need to sell them early to avoid this situations. The idea that somehow management did a great job negotiating for months and then lose the players for free is...just dumb to me.

Do you think it is s smart to extend player contract although his form are bad?

So you give big contract for under performed player, what benefit you could get from the player? What clear is, a slot is taken by the player. His slot (wage) is for first team player but the player is only a benchwarmer. Pretty bad plan, hope only to get money by sacrificing the team quality and goal since that slot could be given for a player with quality of defender who earns 4 mil euros (not world class CB but should be very good one).

I think, Maldini is a bit like Gallinai in terms of players' sale. He would not sell players if the players still have desire to play for Milan and are important players for the team. Otherwise he would just agree with what Donnarumma agent ask and sell him in one or two season afterwards.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I didn't even negotiate for my first job. They offered. I just took it. My boss later told me that they were surprised because they actually had a few grands (yes, not millions) put aside just in case that I asked.

Some players are just greedy. What is the difference between 5 million and 8 million? It is not the same as the difference between 0 and 3 million. Those could support the whole family and the whole village already. The extra amount is just ... numbers.

That said, there is nothing wrong about it. But why not shut your mouth then? Why claim that you were already making way too much money, then turn around and ask for more than triple? What the actual fuck?

[Image: 025fd8c41d79ff1c3a195723b2898f604a1e411e...8de_1.webp]

These players have one goal and one goal only, that is money. They have no loyalty whatsoever, but they don't care. They want money over love, so be it. I don't blame management. I don't envy their job. 

There is no easy solution. 1. longer contract to begin with (but Serie A allows only up to 5 years, I think). 2. Someone mentions Chelsea's one-year extension option. That sounds nice, but I am afraid that powerful agents like fat fuck would've never let it pass to begin with. 3. Renew them before they hit peak (and take the risk of them turning into Bacca or Samu and can't get rid of them); 4. Sell them while they are still good. (That works for teams like Atalanta, Ajax, Porto, but I actually appreciate that we are not doing that yet.) I know that this isn't a strategy just for small teams; Juventus (Zidane) or Inter (Ronaldo) have done that, but I would rather we not do that. 

One more note: Players are stupid, and won't learn lesson from the failure of their peer. They were all full of ego, thinking that they were the kings of the world. Shevchenko left and failed miserably; Kaka left and failed miserably; Dollarumma is now riding the bench. You would think the other people will take notes, but no, they don't believe that this will happen to them. If Kessie wants to leave, let him go. 

Personally, I would keep him on the bench for one full year. Nothing wrong about that. Someone mentioned that there could be labor right issue. I doubt it. (You can't exclude him from the practice, but for game day choice, it is the coach's decision.) If Kessie was capable of playing like crap year in year out for 2.5 seasons, I am willing to see where this one-year hiatus will take him. He was a beast and instrumental to the team in the past 1.5 seasons, but the team is still bigger than any individual. 

The same for Romagnoli, to some extent. He wants to go, fine. Go in January. If he wants to see out his contract for more money, that's okay too. Just stay on the bench then. No hard feeling. Just business.
aka xudong
(09-05-2021, 04:03 AM)Siregar Wrote: What would happen if Milan agree 8-mil euros for Kessie as rumors suggested? Milan need to provide at least 45 mil euros (could rise to more than 50 mil euros with bonuses). There should be only two probabilities. The first one is  he would play like he has been showing to us, which means giving him big contract benefits Milan. Other chance is that he could not perform like the past 1-2 years, he would only sit on bench. It would almost impossible to sell him if that happened. Milan would lose a lot of money to pay his salary and get almost nothing from him, just like we had seen under Galliani.

That was Galliani's model. Pay high to get players to sign and the end result was high paid average players that no one wants to buy.
I'll also add that clubs are offering top $$ because they don't have to pay a fee. Not sure anyone will offer the money to buy Kessie plus give him the huge wage. 

(09-05-2021, 08:52 PM)slifersd Wrote: You are never guaranteed a sale, but you are guaranteed a big fat zero when they walk for free. I am not sure why somehow that's considered better? 

Could be worse. Could be guaranteed less than 0. by signing players on astronomical wages and being stuck with them. 
I don't like the idea of losing players for free but the other side of the coin is worse. Having Kessie stuck at the club on 8m a season and no one wanting to sign him and give him any more than what he's worth... 4m a season.
See above. that was Galliani's model and look where it got us
(09-06-2021, 03:04 AM)nefremo Wrote: And lastly, don't forget the domino effect of what the actual starters in the defensive department will start demanding if you all of a sudden hand out a 5M salary to your 3rd CB.

That's the other side of it also. If Kessie is worth that then why isn't Theo, Bennacer, Kjaer, Tomori, why aren't they all worth the same. And give is some more time and why wouldn't Calabria and Tonali get the same? If we bend over and give the guy what he wants, we'll be back to dumping top money on huge wages for average players in no time.
(09-06-2021, 03:04 AM)nefremo Wrote: So, we give Romagnoli the 9M he's asking for (5M net is what he's asking for according to most reports, some even say 5.5M but we'll take the less of the two....+ tax of 45% in Italy) for four years = 36M committed to pay him over the life of his contract. Guaranteed!! Please don't forget Raiola's fees, which are guaranteed to be several million. But lef's leave that out for now. 

So you yourself said a sale is never guaranteed and agreed with that. So if he's worth 20M like you said and that's not at all guaranteed, how does it make sense to renew him at that salary JUST so that we don't lose him for free??? Keep in mind...whoever EVEN THINKS about paying that 20M transfer fee will also have to agree to pay his fat 5M net salary. 
All of a sudden things get complicated, right? You now seriously risk paying your 3rd choice CB 5M net for the next 4 years (or 36M in total like I mentioned earlier)...and you can not get rid of him. No necessarily because he's shit. But because the teams interested can't and won't pay that.

And lastly, don't forget the domino effect of what the actual starters in the defensive department will start demanding if you all of a sudden hand out a 5M salary to your 3rd CB.

This is a step that we NEED to get to (paying 5M salaries to 3rd CB)...but we're not there yet. Not with our revenue. Not in the current situation. Maybe in a few years.

I do agree that Romagnoli has a role to play. I'm loving the fact that Romagnoli is our 3rd CB. It's great. And if paying 5M net to our 3rd CB is in line with our budget...then by all means. Do it! I'm just not so sure. Really not sure about that. We are in the CL for the 1st time in 7 years! We are not even breaking 200M in revenue. I'm afraid that handing out contracts like these will kill us, if we let's say miss the CL next year. I'm not so sure it's the responsible thing to do. 5M for Romagnoli, 6/7/8M for Kessie. On and on we go, JUST so that we don't lose them for free. In the meantime, no matter what, we are stuck with the fat guaranteed contracts.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'd hate to lose players for free knowing that maybe, maybe they can fetch a transfer fee. All I'm saying is that I'm understanding of the management's decisions and way if handling this. It's not THAT simple as people make it to be.

Well, I never said it was simple, but that's what management gets paid to do. And frankly speaking, they have themselves to blame for the situation they are in right now. 

I loved the math you listed, it really illustrated the point. So let's also do a little math. Let's say we let Roma go for free, how much would we need to sign his back up? If we spend 15m on transfer fee, and 3m on salary, which aren't exorbitant amount to spend on a CB in the open market, that would equal to roughly 36M over 4 years, the exact amount Roma would've cost us if we sign him to his extension. So the idea that we are "saving money" isn't actually isn't saving us a single dime. And then we have to hope the 15m man is good enough to even play here, which is no sure thing either. Most decent quality CB go for much more than that. 

Truth be told, at this point, we are in between a rock and a hard place. There is no good way to get out of this situation any more. I am not a Romanogli fan by any means, but to me, extending him even at that large sum still seems like the less risky and sensible financial decision to make. Because signing his backup most likely won't be cheap as the paragraph above illustrated. Same thing for Kessie. The best thing we could've done was to negotiate these extensions last year and get rid of them when it became obvious that we wouldn't be able to agree on the numbers. But of course we decided to sit on our hands and not work on it at the time.
(09-06-2021, 03:13 AM)Siregar Wrote: Do you think it is s smart to extend player contract although his form are bad?

So you give big contract for under performed player, what benefit you could get from the player? What clear is, a slot is taken by the player. His slot (wage) is for first team player but the player is only a benchwarmer. Pretty bad plan, hope only to get money by sacrificing the team quality and goal since that slot could be given for a player with quality of defender who earns 4 mil euros (not world class CB but should be very good one).

I think, Maldini is a bit like Gallinai in terms of players' sale. He would not sell players if the players still have desire to play for Milan and are important players for the team. Otherwise he would just agree with what Donnarumma agent ask and sell him in one or two season afterwards.

I think we need to separate facts from fiction a little bit, were Roma and Kessie's forms really that bad? I am not saying Roma is Nesta II or Kessie is the new Patrick Vieira, but those guys were hardly a walking disaster for us when they played. The idea that nobody in the world would want them is kind of weird to me. Also, if we had started negotiation a year ago, we probably could've had the deal done on better terms than they are right now. With the contract ending soon, these players know they have the leverage and can demand more. Their agents are also getting calls from other teams and getting fed the numbers those teams are willing to pay. They most likely wouldn't have had that a year ago. 

No, we shouldn't extend players that are awful, but the players we are losing aren't awful. Hakan/Donna/Roma/Kessie are quality players who at worst can play a role on most teams. And yet everyone acts like these guys are like Samu level players who we can't give away for free lol. Do you really think no team in the EPL would pay for Kessie even if he's on a 7m a year wage? That's nothing for EPL teams and you know they like their African midfielders there. Roma might not have as great a market, but if we are giving him away for a small fee, i can see a team like Barca giving him a look too. Again, not saying these guys are world class mega stars, but they have value in the market and I don't think we can assume they are going to get stuck here if they are on a bigger contract.
Romagnoli earns €6m?!

From Calciomercato.com:

"Romagnoli actually receives a salary of around €6m net per season at the moment, not the €3.5m a lot of places are reporting.

This is because of the fact that in the agreement stipulated in June 2018 former sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli agreed with Romagnoli’s then-agent Sergio Berti a four-year contract starting with a base of €3.5m and rising up to the current €6m."
(09-06-2021, 10:50 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Romagnoli earns €6m?!

From Calciomercato.com:

"Romagnoli actually receives a salary of around €6m net per season at the moment, not the €3.5m a lot of places are reporting.

This is because of the fact that in the agreement stipulated in June 2018 former sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli agreed with Romagnoli’s then-agent Sergio Berti a four-year contract starting with a base of €3.5m and rising up to the current €6m."

IF True... then that's more than he's worth. Presumably he wants at least that to re-sign