Europa League Rd of 16 Return: Milan - Manchester United March 18 21:00
It is anybody's guess who will be healthy and available but Ibra, Mandzukic, Bennacer are very unlikely. Romagnoli, Leao, Calabria could be, more news during the week.

FORZA MILAN
Utd are favorites for this
i hope calabria can play in this game, would be massive to have him in this game
Reports are saying Ibra will be available from the bench.

Manure on the other hand may get Cavani, De Gea and Pogba back.
Bennacer should be on the bench too.
So Zlatan officiallyy back in full training. So is Bennacer.

Slowly we are getting the first team players back. I don't want to rush them though. I think the Spezia fiasco was just as much playing non-matchfit players from the start as much as it was lax attitude. So I don't think either should start vs United. We need to keep our eyes on the grand prize, which is top 4. We shouldn't jeopardize that.

Is Calabria still injured btw?

I would go with the following...

-------------Donnarumma------------
Calabria - Kjaer - Tomori - Theo
--------------Tonali - Kessie-------------
--------------------Hakan--------------------
Samu-----------Rebic------------Saele

Yes, I know Samu is useless and so has Saele lately.
I also know Hakan has been useless. But I believe Leao is injured, or questionable at least since he came off vs Napoli due to a slight problem apparently. Rebic will also be suspended for Serie A so he may as well go 100% in EL this week.

I don't think Zlatan or Benna should start. Maybe give them some time towards the end of the game so they can get some match fitness and get up to speed.

I think as much as Samu and Saele are useless in attack, they both work extremely hard on the defensive end. Not forgetting this is a knockout tie and with the current result we are the ones through....it's not a bad idea to play these two more so for their defensive work then anything else.

If we need to chase the result, Ibra can come in the 2nd half. If we need to defend a result, Meite can come in to see it out. Also Bennacer can be an option to see out the game as he will help us retain the ball under pressure. Obviously Ibra can also do this by being the long ball target option under pressure.

We are perfectly positioned to go through. If we play our cards right, we can also use this game as a stepping stone in Serie A, where we can not only gain confidence, but also recover players and get them in the right condition.
Someone in another forum mentioned how Samu runs a lot, but his defensive play is ultimately ineffective. I have to agree. He just makes the opponent pause to run by him. Saele is essentially a RWB playing on the wing. He contributes more defensively but has a bad habit of picking up cards. He reall balanced out the shift left with Theo.

I just can’t stomach Samu playing on the wing. He cuts back inside on his left EVERYTiME. He never considers passing to the overlap runner. I’d consider playing Diaz or Hakan on the wing before him if Saele is unavailable. Samu may do best running at tired defensive legs.

I’d also consider Kessie and Meite in the pivots. Tonali is getting better, but we shut down Bruno due to our physicality last time. I can’t imagine Man U sitting back waiting to attack like Spezia or Udinese. If we can control the field like last time, as long as we start players who can score, we should score goals by picking them apart in transition.
We need to go out of this tournament. We're not going to win it anyway, and it's costing us too much energy at a crucial stage of the season. Right now this team can only handle one match per week.
(03-16-2021, 06:54 PM)honsano Wrote: Someone in another forum mentioned how Samu runs a lot, but his defensive play is ultimately ineffective. I have to agree. He just makes the opponent pause to run by him. Saele is essentially a RWB playing on the wing. He contributes more defensively but has a bad habit of picking up cards. He reall balanced out the shift left with Theo.

I just can’t stomach Samu playing on the wing. He cuts back inside on his left EVERYTiME. He never considers passing to the overlap runner. I’d consider playing Diaz or Hakan on the wing before him if Saele is unavailable. Samu may do best running at tired defensive legs.

I’d also consider Kessie and Meite in the pivots. Tonali is getting better, but we shut down Bruno due to our physicality last time. I can’t imagine Man U sitting back waiting to attack like Spezia or Udinese. If we can control the field like last time, as long as we start players who can score, we should score goals by picking them apart in transition.

Saele is ok. works hard but lacks the ability to be an effective starter.
Samu is essentially a Super sub. his only good performances have been when he's come off the bench and caught out tired defenders. 
I like Tonali but Meite did very well against Man U and is slowly convincing me that he might be a good option to make permanent after all. 
If we play like we did last time we should get the win, Bringing on Zlatan later in the game will guarantee a goal or two IF we're still playing the same way.
Rashford, Pogba, Cavani, Van de Beek and De Gea back for Manchester United.