Week 29: Milan - Sampdoria April 3 12:30
It was a terrible game that we didn't somehow lose guys. We need to get back on track vs Parma next week. A full week of training with the entire squad, finally, should be good. Focus on 1 game, 6 days to recover and prepare for it.

We have to stay strong in these last 9 games. Hopefully some of the other scores today go our way...
(04-03-2021, 01:33 PM)nefremo Wrote: 1 point, but feels like a loss. We started the 2nd half better. Sampdoria laid off the press and we were starting to control the game. Then, Theo happened. There is no excuse for that. It's his nonchallant attitude on the ball that's almost costing us a goal in every single game. And in a some, today being 1 of those, it actually has.

Still, we had more then 35 minutes to play. Then, a red card with 30 minutes to go....and we STILL showed nothing.

There wasn't enough desperation in our play. We didn't look like we are playing for our lives. Not until the last 5 minutes anyway...

Not enough desperation? You are being very kind! Did you see Theo Hernandez's body language and facial expression around 70'? He looked like he was already giving up.. like 10 minutes after the send-off of Adrien Silva and still had at least 20 minutes to play for.. Very infuriating. Angry

That's why I miss Calabria so much. Even Tonali who makes a lot of mistakes almost every game, has a passion and truly loves Milan. You can see that they never give up and will fight until the last minute. 

What a shitty way to start the weekend. For such an early game, I even woke up one hour before the alarm clock and didn't want to go back to sleep, and this is how I got rewarded?  Undecided
aka xudong
What disappoints me the most is how the players reacted after Theo's calamity. Nobody reminded anybody that there was still much time left. Not even after Samp were reduced to ten men. Everybody seemed irrevocably dejected.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(04-03-2021, 01:45 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Zlatan is struggling more and more. He's often injured and can't run much. He can say what he wants, but age is catching up with him. His stay can't be extended, at least not at €7m per season.

You are not wrong that age is catching up with him...but he's still the best CF in this team and a huge influence offensively. As a matter of fact, he's been the biggest offensive influence in this team. 

I don't know about the salary. I also think it's too high for someone that ultimately will play maybe half the games. But we can leave that for the end of the season and see where we are with it.

He looked more tired then usual in this game. I think you're underestimating the effect his Sweden games had on his body. I hate that he went back to the NT. He should have been recovering and training for sharpness the past 2 weeks. Instead he traveled the entire time, probably barely had 3-4 training sessions and played in 3 games. Ultimately, going back to Sweden was the worst choice he could have made for Milan and in terms of prolonging his carrer.
(04-03-2021, 01:45 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Zlatan is struggling more and more. He's often injured and can't run much. He can say what he wants, but age is catching up with him. His stay can't be extended, at least not at €7m per season.

I feel the same way. However, I still want him to stay. I think he is still going to be important for this young team. Ideally, he realizes that and loves Milan enough to extend his contract with a significant pay cut. 

On a different note, Hakan sucks and I honestly wouldn't mind him leaving. If he stays, he better get rid of his illusion that he deserves whatever he and his entourage is asking for.
aka xudong
(04-03-2021, 01:48 PM)ACM2021 Wrote: Not enough desperation? You are being very kind! Did you see Theo Hernandez's body language and facial expression around 70'? He looked like he was already giving up.. like 10 minutes after the send-off of Adrien Silva and still had at least 20 minutes to play for.. Very infuriating. Angry

That's why I miss Calabria so much. Even Tonali who makes a lot of mistakes almost every game, has a passion and truly loves Milan. You can see that they never give up and will fight until the last minute. 

What a shitty way to start the weekend. For such an early game, I even woke up one hour before the alarm clock and didn't want to go back to sleep, and this is how I got rewarded?  Undecided

Agree. 

Same here btw. Up at 5am. Only to see the team sleepwalk through the 1st half and then put their heads down after that mistake in the 2nd.
Pioli says the team's mental approach was bad, and it's hard to disagree with him. I don't understand why we're struggling so badly at home though, this is getting kind of ridiculous.
Atalanta and Napoli already 1-0 just 20 mins in...

These are going to be looooong 2 months for us. The end couldn't come any sooner...
We are on 60 points. We need 15 on average to secure top 4.
9 games left.
Clock is ticking.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Roma, Napoli and Atalanta all winning right now.