Winter mercato 2022
(09-11-2021, 04:27 AM)Aficio Wrote: I know one thing for sure that both Kessie and Romagnoli stay until January. So we should use them the best we can.

For Kessie: don't bench him, use him as much as possible.
- He is still our best midfielder.
- He is greedy, so he must work his ass if he wants a much-improved contract, regardless at Milan or elsewhere. So if he signs a new contract with us, that's a win, if he doesn't sign, we still have a top performance for just 2.2M (1.1 if half season).

For Romagnoli: use him when we need, and not just at CB.
- He is the above-average jack-of-all-trade: quite tall, quite good at match reading, quite good at defending,... so he cannot play aggressively like Tomori or cover like Kjaer, but still very useful for a backup.
- He can play defensive LB to release Calabria, Florenzi attack more on the right wing.
- He is our captain now and behaves professionally.

Not sure anyone else agrees here. I would argue I would much rather see Tonali on the pitch instead of him. Does the hard work plus offers significantly more. Was a machine again today. 
also Bennacer is miles better than Kessie as others have suggested.

(09-11-2021, 11:24 AM)nefremo Wrote: Tonali is on many ways like Kessie. For me, fhat's the true replacement. I'm excited to see a Tonali - Bennacer duo. Tonali also covers so much ground.

But I agree that Bennacer is the best midfielder at the club. He's got the "special something". The "x-factor" that others don't have on the ball. We need him to get back to full fitness and form asap.
Amd yes....give him an extension now and remove that damm clause (or bring it way high). Don't wait until next summer. Start the process now.

This! need to work on sorting him out both fitness and contract wise ASAP. He's one of the few I'd be happy to give whatever he wants.
(09-12-2021, 11:58 PM)porcho Wrote: Not sure anyone else agrees here. I would argue I would much rather see Tonali on the pitch instead of him. Does the hard work plus offers significantly more. Was a machine again today. 
also Bennacer is miles better than Kessie as others have suggested.

I must change my mind after last match against Lazio. Tonali was exceptional.  Okmilan

However, Bennacer has not been himself after injury (which healed for some months).
(09-12-2021, 11:58 PM)porcho Wrote: He's one of the few I'd be happy to give whatever he wants.

Huh, pretty sure almost everyone would say the same about Kessie last season.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(09-13-2021, 02:17 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Huh, pretty sure almost everyone would say the same about Kessie last season.

I was never of that opinion personally.
He's never been more than Strength, Stamina, Penalties.

Bennacer on the other hand is a gamechanger.
Tonali is shaping into a player that I didn't really see him becoming to be honest. Not quality wise, but rather playing style. Those runs forward are rather impressive.
(09-13-2021, 01:50 AM)Aficio Wrote: I must change my mind after last match against Lazio. Tonali was exceptional.  Okmilan

However, Bennacer has not been himself after injury (which healed for some months).

Bennacer has been doing fine in preseason and his limited time on the pitch. His current problem is that he just recover from COVID and is still not fully fit. I won't worry about that, he is fine from what we can see in preseason.
(09-13-2021, 03:06 AM)ACMmike Wrote: Tonali is shaping into a player that I didn't really see him becoming to be honest. Not quality wise, but rather playing style. Those runs forward are rather impressive.

That is what I have been saying in my previous post. Tonali is really peculiar, he seem to be changing his playing style over the last year and is doing so well. He is changing into a player that the team need, he got immense potential. 

Anybody keeping track on Pobega, he just came in and got a goal. He seem to be really good as well.
looking forward to see Tonali-Bennacer-Pobega next season
One of biggest reason why we lost points last season was Bennacer's absence. He was more important than Kessie. I think it is quite hard to find Bennacer's replacement but not with Kessie.

We should not ever overpay a player. We have had experience with that, we should not repeat what Galliani did in the past.

Ibra was paid the highest because he deserves it although he is old. We paid for his quality (proven) and we got that quality.

Kessie at 8 mil? I would be happy to see him leave free.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
As Calciomecato.com writes, Kessie was applauded by the Curva Sud both at the reading of the starting XI and at the time of his substitution, despite the fact that he missed a penalty.

The last meeting with his agent George Atangana dates back to August 20, and since then there have been no more talks, at least face to face. The offer of a five-year extension of €5m net per season that would hit €6.5m in the fourth and fifth year of the contract was not accepted.

The player wants €7m guaranteed from the first season of his new deal, and now Milan must decide what they must do definitively, which could mean either a new offer or a January sale.

PSG have already initiated the first contacts but Spurs put €8m a season on the table to try and win the race. For Milan, there is no more room for intermediate stages.