Liverpool- Milan
What a night this will be! My memory goes back to 2007, and unfortunatly also to 2005.. Shockingly this is the only times these two have met in the Champions League. 

Two teams in great form. Two teams who play modern football with high intensity, two teams which together have 12 CL trophys. 

Of course Liverpool will be the favourites, they have a lot of experience in CL, probably the best center back in the world, and a coach who is world class. On the other side, this Milan team have something special going on. We play with an intensity and pace that no other in Serie A can do right now, we are rock solid at the back and have players with full confidence. If we play at our absolut best, i think we can surprise the football world. 

My heart says 1-2. My brain says 2-2. 

Forza Milan!
Fabrizio Romano: Zlatan will miss tomorrow's match against Liverpool due to injury
#Thank_you_Ibra
Thats a blow... But hopefully Giroud is back.
(09-14-2021, 01:10 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Thats a blow... But hopefully Giroud is back.

I hope Rebic start and Giroud can come in later. Rebic show a lot of effort and I hope he can continue to play. Leao as LW then sub out for Giroud after 60mins. 

Bennacer and Kessie to start as double pivot then Tonali to come in later. 

Saelemackers to start as RW, keep Florenzi on the bench.
Tonali seems to have a problem and didn't train last apparently. May just be rested and an option on the bench.

But Kessie - Bennacer is still my trusted duo. Tonali is growing. He's doing exceptionally well. His energy and physicality will come in handy during the game I'm sure.

I'm undecided between Giroud and Rebic. Maybe we take the same approach as with Lazio. Start Rebic and the Giroud (just like Ibra) can get in sometimes in the 2nd half.

Kjaer in for Romagnoli and Saelemaekers in for Florenzi should be the other 2 changes.
Tonali was a bit unwell but should be available .

Ibrahimovic I think is a precaution.

I would probably start Giroud, he knows EPL conditions obviously and this could be helpful.

Some great duels loom.
Theo vs Salah could be a great duel same with Tomori vs Mane, Kjaer vs Jota and Kessie vs Thiago.

It should be a good match.
2-1 Milan.
Leave Ibra at home so he can take out his anger against Juve.
I'm all for it.

Giroud or Rebic to rotate, I have no issues.
The rest of the team as is with Sale starting over Florenzi and Kjaer over Romagnoli.

3-1 Milan.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
It is unfortunate that Ibrahimovic could be so easily injured, even if it is just for precaution. This most likely should be his final season with us, and I hope he will get us some meaningful silverwares.

Without Ibrahimovic, we need to survive the first 15 minutes or so at Anfield. At least we have Giroud, but it is still different, as he is more "polite" than Ibrahimovic whose absence no doubt will be felt.
aka xudong
Winning against Liverpool in England will be absolutely huge for confidence. This young team already seems to believe in itself and its qualities...but winning tomorrow would take that to another level. If that was to happen, I think we'll put Juventus in a grave over the weekend and walk all over it for good measure.
(09-14-2021, 05:06 PM)ACM2021 Wrote: It is unfortunate that Ibrahimovic could be so easily injured, even if it is just for precaution. This most likely should be his final season with us, and I hope he will get us some meaningful silverwares.

Without Ibrahimovic, we need to survive the first 15 minutes or so at Anfield. At least we have Giroud, but it is still different, as he is more "polite" than Ibrahimovic whose absence no doubt will be felt.

If we start the game with the same intensity as vs Lazio, it's Liverpool that'll need to survive because we can take the crowd right out of it with a goal. 

Easier said then done, I know. But I hope we don't try to "mange" the game initially and sit back just to "feel out" Liverpool.