Liverpool- Milan
4312 is a must
(09-16-2021, 09:07 AM)Artan Wrote: It's not that we are going to win silverware in Europe this year. Its more of experience gaining year, but again pitty that we dropped a point at least. I am honestly disappointed by Kessie and Bennacer who let us down and also by Pioli who missed the formation and the approach. But, I guess it was Piolis first match in the CL too, or am i mistaken?

Unsure about CL but he has coached in Europe before and has a very poor record.

Inter finished bottom of their Europa league table in 2016 behind Hapoel, Southampton & Sparta Prague.
(09-16-2021, 09:07 AM)Artan Wrote:  But, I guess it was Piolis first match in the CL too, or am i mistaken?

He have two games with Lazio in CL qualifications (smashed by Leverkuzen), but group stage and further he watched only on TV. Till last night, of course.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(09-16-2021, 10:32 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Unsure about CL but he has coached in Europe before and has a very poor record.

Inter finished bottom of their Europa league table in 2016 behind Hapoel, Southampton & Sparta Prague.

Inter already played 4 matches and lose 3 before Pioli took over in 2016.
(09-16-2021, 10:03 AM)mazen111 Wrote: 4312 is a must

the first and the last time i agree with you my friend  Sagrin
(09-16-2021, 08:08 AM)Beppe Wrote: wow what a game that was. The boys were very impressed by their first CL game and the crowd in Anfield. They shit their pants in the first 40mins. Liverpool also knew it was our first cl game and we had a lot of young players so they pressed us like crazy and went at us full force. They totally outplayed us for most of the game, the boys weren't themselves. Its a good learning experience, and luckily it was only 3-2 so not a complete disaster. So we can look at it in a positive way and learn a lot of it.  Some players looked quite good at this stage, Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Rebic, Tonali, Diaz.  But Kessie and Bennacer were really bad, that didn't help, we lost the ball many times at our own half, so we couldn't get out of pressure. 
The terrible first 40mins was all mental, players were really shocked by Liverpool and the crowd. But this was against the best team in our group at their homeground in our first cl game in ages, so what could we really expect. This Liverpool is one of the teams that can win the CL this year.

Head up and up to the Juve game!  We can go there with confidence and a bag of learning experience! Cant wait till that game and our next CL game vs porto.

Forza Milan!!!

i watched 2009 Arsenal v Aston Villa  at the Emirates, even from the stands it was scary the crowd...  but they are professionals, they have to know how to get along with it especially when asking 8m p.A. The first 30 mins 10/11 our players looked like pre stone age people having discovered the fire.
Top 10 running teams:
Porto - 136.5 KM
2️⃣ Atletico Madrid - 135.4 KM
3️⃣ Bayern Munich - 124.7 KM
4️⃣ Borussia Dortmund - 120.1 KM
5️⃣ Milan - 116 KM
6️⃣ Ajax - 115 KM
7️⃣ Beşiktaş - 114.7 KM
8️⃣ Liverpool - 113.5 KM
9️⃣ Lille - 113 KM
? RB Leipzig - 112 KM

Surprised with top 2, Liverpool pressed Milan like Milan pressed Lazio, run less but more pressure.
(09-16-2021, 12:52 PM)Aficio Wrote: Top 10 running teams:
Porto - 136.5 KM
2️⃣ Atletico Madrid - 135.4 KM
3️⃣ Bayern Munich - 124.7 KM
4️⃣ Borussia Dortmund - 120.1 KM
5️⃣ Milan - 116 KM
6️⃣ Ajax - 115 KM
7️⃣ Beşiktaş - 114.7 KM
8️⃣ Liverpool - 113.5 KM
9️⃣ Lille - 113 KM
? RB Leipzig - 112 KM

Surprised with top 2, Liverpool pressed Milan like Milan pressed Lazio, run less but more pressure.

The top 2 are playing chess, running around without creating much. These teams are tough nuts to crack.
(09-16-2021, 05:51 AM)nefremo Wrote: This loss means nothing if we don't learn from it. I'm not talking about learn as in "learn how to deal with this type of situation next time". I'm talking learn as in "take a page out of Liverpool's/Klopp's book". As I said before, the boys now know 1st hand what intensity and tempo is. Not saying it's easy to do. But this is what we're trying to do. It's already our gameplan. This is exactly the style that the club wants to be playing. Only that, we do it at 80km/h. In Italy, it may be enough. But in the CL, it has to be 160km/h. Now imagine if we replicate that in Serie A. We'll steamroll the league. And I wanna see that aready on Sunday against Juventus. No fear, no hesitation. Go at them 160km/h from the 1st minute. Press the hell out of them in a man to man marking.

Fixed, you aren’t commenting baseball  Okmilan
Our two midfielders are still not match fit, and they were under most of the pressure. Other thing we need to be aware of. English teams always play with high intensity, but we managed to destroy them with more intelligent play. We shouldn't copy their style, it is Italy who are Euro champions and the champions who took it at Wembley. It is more about what we do against them, not about how much we do. There is this hype about English style of play, but Italian football has it's own DNA which stood more than strong against them through decades.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.