Week 6 Spezia - Milan September 25 2021 15:00
(09-25-2021, 08:29 PM)slifersd Wrote: Ambrosini was a starter here for years and was a Italian NT regular, no pressure for little Daniel LOL

Disagree completely. You gotta check your facts my friend. Ambrosini was not really seen as a starter He played a lot in 2006-2007, but he was never first choice before that. Even in that year, Carlo knew we were declining. He knew we could no longer do it with a diamond midfield...so he added more steal to it in the form of Ambro and came up with the x-mass tree...whcih as far as I remember was mostly used in Europe and big games. Carlo used the x-mass tree that year and Ambro benefited from that. But no, he was never a starter in a strong Milan. Most of his (regular) appearances came after 2007 when Milan was declining.

As for Italian NT...not sure where you got that info from. He made 35 appearances for Italy in his entire career....BUT, 19 of them were in friendlies. When it came to official matches Ambro never mattered to Italy. Ambro was never an Italian NT regular. He was similar to what Calabria and Romagnoli are now. Good players for Milan. In Milan's system. Only for Ambro, he was trully a starter in 1 strong Milan and then benefited from the lack if quality. 
He was a part of a Milan team that was dominating Europe 2003-2006 bur as a back up...and even then, he was "last" choice when it came to the NT. Just look at his stats. He has 19 friendly appearances averaging just about 45 minutes per game. He then has 15 appearances in qualifying matches and Euro games, again, averaging barely 50 mins per game. 

Ambrosini was an average player. But he was a GOOD average player. One that gave his heart for Milan. And for that, we all loved him. But he was no Seedorf, or Pirlo, or Desailly, or even Gattuso. But there is nothing wrong with that. I love Ambro. He was a loyal "servant" to Milan. He loved the club. He gave his heart for it. And in 2007, he was a pivotal member of the CL winning team. 

So all I'm saying is....if Daniel can do that...then I don't know what the problem is. He doesn't need to be his father. He doesn't need to be Kaka or Sheva or Rui or Savicevic. Just be "Ambro". Be "Calabria" even. 
For me, that'll be success.
(09-25-2021, 10:35 PM)nefremo Wrote: Disagree completely. You gotta check your facts my friend. Ambrosini was not really seen as a starter  He played a lot in 2006-2007, but he was never first choice before that. Even in that year, Carlo knew we were declining. He knew we could no longer do it with a diamond midfield...so he added more steal to it in the form of Ambro and came up with the x-mass tree...whcih as far as I remember was mostly used in Europe and big games. Carlo used the x-mass tree that year and Ambro benefited from that. But no, he was never a starter in a strong Milan. Most of his (regular) appearances came after 2007 when Milan was declining.

As for Italian NT...not sure where you got that info from. He made 35 appearances for Italy in his entire career....BUT, 19 of them were in friendlies. When it came to official matches Ambro never mattered to Italy. Ambro was never an Italian NT regular. He was similar to what Calabria and Romagnoli are now. Good players for Milan. In Milan's system. Only for Ambro, he was trully a starter in 1 strong Milan and then benefited from the lack if quality. 
He was a part of a Milan team that was dominating Europe 2003-2006 bur as a back up...and even then, he was "last" choice when it came to the NT. Just look at his stats. He has 19 friendly appearances averaging just about 45 minutes per game. He then has 15 appearances in qualifying matches and Euro games, again, averaging barely 50 mins per game. 

Ambrosini was an average player. But he was a GOOD average player. One that gave his heart for Milan. And for that, we all loved him. But he was no Seedorf, or Pirlo, or Desailly, or even Gattuso. But there is nothing wrong with that. I love Ambro. He was a loyal "servant" to Milan. He loved the club. He gave his heart for it. And in 2007, he was a pivotal member of the CL winning team. 

So all I'm saying is....if Daniel can do that...then I don't know what the problem is. He doesn't need to be his father. He doesn't need to be Kaka or Sheva or Rui or Savicevic. Just be "Ambro". Be "Calabria" even. 
For me, that'll be success.

Agre with everything except this part that he was GOOD AVERAGE, he was more than that but he was unlucky that he was in Milan that have all world class midfielders in that time , if you compare him with our today midfielders he was World class Midfielder compared to Kessi,Tonali,Benaser...
Happy with the win. But please please Milan. Try to kill these games so we can rest starters
Pellegri looks decent.

I really like the pressure he puts on defenders and the space he opens shouldn't be overlooked. His goals will come.
Pellegri has work to do but so far, so good.
(09-26-2021, 02:43 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Pellegri looks decent.

I really like the pressure he puts on defenders  and the space he opens shouldn't be overlooked. His goals will come.

The important thing is keeping him fit.  Icon_lol2
(09-26-2021, 02:43 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Pellegri looks decent.

I really like the pressure he puts on defenders  and the space he opens shouldn't be overlooked. His goals will come.

He's rusty and you could see that. But he works so hard for the team, is aggressive, makes good runs, amd the talent on the ball can be seen. 

I think patience will be needed. But one thing that will speed up the process is a goal. That'll bring a ton of confidence back to him.
Late to the party. Ambrosin really good but early knee injuries restricted form and playing time. I hated him with Viola as he was a true milinista.
(09-27-2021, 02:11 AM)honsano Wrote: Late to the party. Ambrosin really good but early knee injuries restricted form and playing time. I hated him with Viola as he was a true milinista.

He probably hated it too.  Icon_lol2
aka xudong