Week 6 Spezia - Milan September 25 2021 15:00
Ugly game. As expected to be honest. This stadium is tough to play in and Spezia is a decent side.

Giroud looked sloppy and almost cost us a goal. Also, Rebic looked sloppy.

Maldini...some good things, some bad. Overall, not bad for 1st start ever. But we likely need Diaz in the game for the 2nd half.

The game was there for the taking in the last 5 mins or so because Spezia finally got stretched...but we also looked tired and just waiting for the half time whistle.

I don't care about playing well here. Just want the 3 points. Get an ugly goal and let's go home.
(09-25-2021, 02:47 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: Well, Daniel has showed a bit against a decent side. I said in the opening comments to this thread Spezia won't be easy.

Would  love to of been wrong but our crossing has been especially poor.

You're not wrong there actually. Our crossing has been atrocious. 
I've only seen one ball actually make it to Giroud.

I'd say bring off Maldini for Diaz and Kessie for Bennacer.
We need some creativity up front.
Rebic's making the right runs, but his distribution leaves a lot to be desired.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I think the camera view doesn't help.

Yes, our players look tired, but Spezia players too : is the weather very hot ?

We don't play very well, less in control compared to the Venezia game, but let's just win 1-0 today, it's enough.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Oh and on a side note, Atletico lost against the last of Liga with what looked like their first XI.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Spezia is fast, organized, and committed. It is extremely difficult to break them down, and also hard to stop their counterattack. The first half has the deja vu from last season's fiasco.

So far, our most effective attacks all seem to come from the solo-run by Rebic and Theo (twice), when their midfielders and defenders couldn't get back into their natural positions quickly enough. In light of that, we needed to take better advantage of those opportunities when they arise. Otherwise, when we are trying to break down their defense, we need to pass more wide (stretch their defense) and improve the accuracy of the pass (avoid loss of ball).
aka xudong
Leao on now. Benna for Kessie too.
I am sure that Maldini will have to come off. He has good talent but his lacks experience, and loses balls a bit too easy often in critical positions.

I don't know if Rebic needs to be replaced by Leao (that could help), but I also feel that Bennacer should come in to help with distribution.

Forza Milan.
aka xudong
Giroud and Rebic off.
Leao and Pellegri on.
Our side's average age just dropped by 10 years LOL.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
ACM2021 Wrote:I am sure that Maldini will have to come off. He has good talent but his lacks experience, and loses balls a bit too easy often in critical positions.

I don't know if Rebic needs to be replaced by Leao (that could help), but I also feel that Bennacer should come in to help with distribution.

Forza Milan.

EDIT: Looks like I predicted both Leao and Bennacer. Big Grin

its Leao and Pelegri Big Grin
Should have been a pk for kessie