Atalanta vs Ac Milan- 3/10/21- 20:45 cet
Kessie was ok. Wasn’t great, but def not last years monster. There was a play around 57’ he had a give and go with Theo. When Theo returned it he didn’t go fill in for it. It led to an Atalanta counter and Illicic free kick just outside our box near the touch line. It was like his first yellow against Athletico where he let the run past him and tugged him back.

I was a huge Kessie fan. But his play has changed and it looks more like he is moving at half speed which is still a pretty good player at least for me.
I think Kessie is catching some heat because of the contract situation. This performance last year would have been called great (it was). This year, it's judged differently. I've gone as far as saying "freeze him out of the squad", so trust me, i'm not defending him here for the sake of it. But what's right is right...and today he had a great game. As always, he sometimes does seem to move in half speed but it seems to work, so whatever.

Anyway....great game of football. After the goal early on, Atalanta came at us. They created some chances and got lots of corners. But we put out the fire. When the second half started, they did not look dangerous at all. It was about the 70th minute of the game, and the commentator said their last shot on goal was on the 20th. Seemed about right. We were totally containing them and were dealing with everything just fine.

Then, the idiot referee gives a PK. I don't understand. The shot was blocked and the ball popped up to Jr's arm. How is that a PK?

On the 2nd goal.....after some great passing in their own half and essentially waiting for the game to end....Rebic gave the ball away on a short pass. Then, there was a clear foul, that idiot referee AGAIN chooses to ignore. But our players stopped playing too....which is an amateur mistake. They waited for a whistle rather then play.

But all is well as it ended well. We learn and move on. Great 3 points.
Great game. Watched if late. Bs last goal. Should of been 3-0 .

Tonali is a stud.
Leao is winning me over.
Theo did well.
Mike is a great gk.

What else can I say, this team is playing really well. Complete control never had fear as years before.

Keep it boys
(10-04-2021, 04:50 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: Great game.  Watched if late.  Bs last goal.  Should of been 3-0 .

Tonali is a stud.
Leao is winning me over.
Theo did well.
Mike is a great gk.

What else can I say,  this team is playing really well.  Complete control never had fear as years before. 

Keep it boys

Tonali and Leao are really keeping up with their performances.
What a bad week from referees in our games...
Anyway, this time, it didn't change the final result.

What is very important for us is that we already played 3 direct opponents in 7 games and we're there, with 0 loss so far and only the draw in Torino (which could and should have been a win).

Napoli only played Juventus at home and no other direct competitor for the title/CL qualification.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
My rating 1-10:

- Maignan. 7. Was decisive when Atalanta pilled up the pressure after our first goal. Took it all. Great distribution as always. No fault for the goals. He is so stabil!

- Calabria: 7. Wonderful run for the first goal, Decent both ways. Solid display.

- Kjær: 6,5. Was bullied by Zapata in the 1 half, but played a great 2 half. Was everywhere the ball was. The dane and Tomori is a world class partnership.

- Tomori: 6,5. Solid and had the tackle of the century on Pessina, but was beaten by Zapata on the header in first half, and also had a slight mistake on the second goal. Otherwise solid as always.

- Theo: 7,5. To great assists and was really good defensively also. Pioli played him almost as a third midfielder today, and no doubt that this confused Atalanta. Great play by Pioli.

- Tonali: 7,5. He is just a gem! Clinical on the goal, and had a fantastic tackle to prevent 1-1. Also solid in the passing. He has grown in to a monster this season. Can you imagine that Maldini got so much discount on him. Tremendous!

- Kessie: 7. This was almost the Kessie from last season. Worked really hard and won a lot of balls, also good passing. Really solid.

- Saelemaekers: 5,5. Not a good game. Lost the ball to much and missed an golden chance after Rebic perfect cross. He is tired, he deserves som rest now.

- Diaz: 6. Worked between the lines as always and moves a lot to give the attack the fluidity it needs. But was not much involved. OK match overall.

- Leao: 7. Took on defenders for fun, and 90% of the time he wins the battle. He just have tons of talent. Fantastic counter on the third goal and a great finish. Leao have something important going on.

- Rebic: 6. So good at running in the channels and is just fantastic as a first defender. To be honest, i hope that Rebic will continue in this role and have Zlatan or Giroud as subs when we are suffering against walls of defenders. He gives the team som much fluidity with hos movement and work ethic.

- Bennacer: 7. Some really good involvments.
- Toure: Not much involved.
- Messias: Very unlucky handball, and maybe a fault on the second goal, but i liked him. Nice dribbles and works hard. Exiting to see more of him.

PS: We must have the leagues best counter team. We are just fantastic on transitions. The last goal sums this up. Its a big big weapon against teams like Atalanta which expose themselves a lot.

Forza Milan!
Great win in a tough away game. We are truly Scudetto contenders. This is a fantastic team, with great team spirit and players who have amazing potential. We are the best team in Serie A and have the youngest team. Many of our key players are still so young, what a joy to see them grow. Some of them will be absolutely world class. Sandro Tonali will be one of the best mids in the world, no doubt. What a player, he has everything, and above all he has a Milan heart. And fikayo Tomori really is something else, he's gonna be the best defender out there if he keeps performing like this.
I was also impressed by messias, interesting to see what he can bring to the team; He could be very useful!
And now the international break, wich I hate, because we have to wait a few weeks to watch Milan again, this team is a joy to watch!
(10-04-2021, 11:07 AM)Bennacer Wrote: My rating 1-10:

- Bennacer: 7. Some really good involvments.

Forza Milan!

You're not allowed to rate yourself  Icon_lol2

Regarding Tomori, could I expect something similar this Winter Mercato?  Icon_lol2
Messias showed a bit. It's not like he looked good against a Venezia or a Monza or Genoa. He looked good against Atalanta. Atalanta have been a top 4 side in Italy for a few year's now of course, so it's a decent debut. It's a long way to go before we can judge him as a success or not but it was a good debut.
Unlucky with the "penalty " and I still can't believe Zapata just throws him to the side and Milan don't get a freekick!
(10-04-2021, 03:38 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: Messias showed a bit. It's not like he looked good against a Venezia  or a Monza or Genoa. He looked good against Atalanta. Atalanta have been a top 4 side in Italy for a few year's now of course,  so it's a decent debut. It's a long way to go before we can judge him as a success  or not but it was a good debut.
Unlucky with the "penalty " and I still can't believe Zapata just throws him to the side and Milan don't get a freekick!

He had an unlucky debut but when on the ball he shows some promising signs. I think the main obstacle for him will be mentally, moving from nothing to Crotone to AC Milan in a matter of a few years is huge.

I think he'll need a start against a small side to gain confidence probably score a goal etc.