Injuries - Who, when, how long ?
I think there was talk about Pato probably not playing this season again so that the club can just take their time to get him ready for next season. I also think it was mentioned that after 14-15 days, more tests will be done rather than declaring him fit.

I wonder if we should approach alternative techniques to try and prevent injuries. For example, I read yesterday Pato intends to do everything he can (diet, frequent stretching exercises etc.) to try and prevent the problems which is something I've mentioned when reading about Messi's situation in the past, but I think we as a club should look at what he can do with his body to avoid further problems.

It seems as though the injuries occurred mostly because he's had a growth spurt and put on a lot of muscle since coming to Italy. One of the things we can maybe look into is change his training exercises to place less emphasis on increasing muscle mass and look to reduce his weight, as I wouldn't be surprised if the additional strain of the extra muscle mass is part of the cause of his problems.

As a bit of research, I decided to compare Pato to players of similar physical stature (players of similar height, with pace and who are light on their feet and can be explosive) on the official site. The results are really interesting (height and weight in cm and kg respectively):

Pato
Height: 179
Weight: 78

Abate
Height: 180
Weight: 73

Antonini
Height: 182
Weight: 70

Flamini
Height: 178
Weight: 67

El Shaarawy
Height: 178
Weight: 72

Pato is a full 5kg heavier than the next comparable player, Abate, who is actually also taller than Pato. This means whenever Pato runs his body must cope with the extra 5kg when he explodes. Add to this his running technique has been described as poor by a sprinter recently, and his risk of injury increases even more.

Here's another interesting little article about sprinters and the height to weight ratio (essentially something like BMI), which points out how sprinters are generally light. This is interesting as sprinters generally need power to increase their speed within a short distance. They also essentially run straight (well a slight curve), unlike footballers who must adjust their body constantly depending on the action, meaning they could probably afford having a little additional weight to get their power as their bodies aren't strained in the same way as a footballer's.

http://www.singaporeathletics.com/world-...ight-ratio

I'm essentially simplifying a theory on Pato's injuries, but I think this must be looked into. Players of a similar stature and physique to Pato all weigh significantly less, and we know just looking at changes to his body since he joined that Pato muscle mass has increased shocking amounts over the past few years.
Boateng OUT again. he is becoming another pato...
(04-06-2012, 08:13 PM)Beppe Wrote: Boateng OUT again. he is becoming another pato...

Really? He probably was never IN this season. We already rushed him back for some important games.

If we could afford the luxury, we should give him and Pato a really good rest. Take the rest of season off and come back strong next season (hopefully).
aka xudong
Yes he is really out, he is not included in the squad to face Fiorentina tomorrow. He has also missed more than half the season!
Who would have thought that a player that is as strong as Boateng would be so injury-prone too? I know I didn't. Angry
aka xudong
(04-06-2012, 09:00 PM)xudong Wrote: Who would have thought that a player that is as strong as Boateng would be so injury-prone too? I know I didn't. Angry

Don't think he's injury prone, rather when we rushed him back for the Arsenal match( was it?) he hasn't been the same.... which makes me think that he hasn't really healed...

or maybe he's injury prone but I dont want to admit it Grinundwech
(04-07-2012, 12:24 AM)Ace Wrote:
(04-06-2012, 09:00 PM)xudong Wrote: Who would have thought that a player that is as strong as Boateng would be so injury-prone too? I know I didn't. Angry

Don't think he's injury prone, rather when we rushed him back for the Arsenal match( was it?) he hasn't been the same.... which makes me think that he hasn't really healed...

or maybe he's injury prone but I dont want to admit it Grinundwech

Boateng seems to be quite an injury prone player ... Here is his history :
(season - start of the injury - end of the injury - type of injury)
11/12 17.02.2012 23.03.2012
11/12 15.01.2012 13.02.2012 muscular problems
11/12 13.09.2011 30.09.2011 muscular problems
10/11 30.12.2010 20.02.2011 tear in the abductor muscle
09/10 05.03.2010 11.04.2010 Malleolar injury
09/10 30.01.2010 16.02.2010 Malleolar injury
08/09 08.03.2009 14.04.2009 Knee Problems
08/09 20.02.2009 01.03.2009

He's got a one month or more injury in the last 3 seasons ... Undecided
ANd if you look at it, except this season, it's always been during/after the winter break !!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
oh well... but in his first season with us he had only 1 injury... this season he's competing with pato for who has the most Muscular injuries?? I can recall couple of players having Muscular injures right?(need correction)

is Allegri pushing them too far in training? there has to be an explanation
Allegri's training methods need to be looked at, but I don't think this is necessarily the cause of the problems. Actually, one method to know if Allegri is related is looking at his Cagliari times and seeing the injury problems then (I don't think he had so many problems).

I actually think this has been a problem for sometime, it's just that it's gotten worse over the years. I remember towards the end of Ancelotti's time, the injury list was also pretty ridiculous, most notably with us constantly failing to keep Kaka fit for a decent stretch.

Under Leonardo, we also suffered a number of injuries, with it being cited as one of the causes of our eventual failure in challenging Inter until the end in the league.

Under Allegri we don't need to go into details about injuries, it's clear to see.

With 3 coaches we've always suffered a higher than normal number of injuries. It makes no sense and the club has to investigate this immediately, or at least as soon as the season ends.
Interesting article regarding Pato and probably the wider issue in Milan.

http://www.football-italia.net/17443/caring-pato