Porto - Milan October 19 2021 21:00CET
(10-19-2021, 10:31 PM)Sputnik Wrote: Yes. A terrible performance.
Yes. Tonight we looked out of our depth. Yes, the management has to stand responsible for Pioli not having choices on the right wing,
for the debacle that the signing of Messias is turning out to be or for failing to sign an attacking midfielder as an alternative to Diaz.
It's not Krunic's fault that he is played in that position.

But if some fans are ready to crucify this team, by all means, they can do it, they have every right to do so. I will not.
And if some fans are ready to crucify Pioli, I will not. Just remember where were we as a team when he came to San Siro. It's not THAT long ago.

When the draw for the Champions League stages took place, I wrote in this forum that realistically we should be looking for a third place spot that will take us to Europa League.
Some people told me that I was a pessimist, a defeatist, that AC Milan has a great history in Europe and some even that we can top this group.
Like we're not playing the fucking machine that is Liverpool (seriously, have you checked them? Their roster? Their standing in this season's Premiel League? They are pretty decent), CL dogs of war A. Madrid, and Porto who kicked out Juventus last season.

Then again, you have the injuries (for also someone has to answer, for this, it has become simply ridiculous), you have the ref that fucked us big time against Atleti in San Siro, and obviously I will not stand on Porto's goal tonight, a clear foul, because we simply deserved to lose.
But get this; AC Milan are undefeated in Seria A, second only to 100% Napoli, seven points ahead from 4th placed Roma.
Hit the ground again in Campionato, put a strong challenge for 1st place, secure a Champions League spot for next season, then sign some players, keep your finances in a viable state as you are already aiminig and working towards doing so, and I am cool with that,

Yes, I want AC Milan to win every game. Yes, I want us to be Champions of Europe again. Yes, I cried after Instanbul for two days and almost lost my job and I remember watching Van Basten and Sheva and Baggio and Baresi and Savisevic and Pippo and Pirlo play for us.
But like it or not, this team is in progress.
Except if somebody wants a chinese investor to buy Bonucci back again.

Heart Heart Heart Okmilan Okmilan  Okmilan

100% all this. we've made amazing progress. We've been thrown in the hardest group with some of the competitions best teams. We put up a great fight in the first two games and were poor today.
Despite our injury issues, we're looking very comfortable up top.
Losing Mike was huge considering his speed at turning over the ball from defending to us attacking was integral to how effective we have been. just need to ride the wave until he's back and concentrate on the all important scudetto. We'd then end up in Pot 1, likely get more sponsorship money resulting in us being able to properly spend in the off season rather than picking up cheap players that end up flopping.
Porto deserved this win.

It's tough for us. A lot of players out or coming back from injury. I don't like to use injuries as an excuse but does Theo , Fit Ibra/OG, Brahim change things? I guess it does matter and Porto still get credit.

Right now a lot of our guy's are finding out the level you have to be on to play CL.
Alexis looked like Udinese level, Tomori probably had his worse game for us. Krunic looked like his usual Empoli level self.
Pioli's choices didn't come off but again he was limited with the fitness of some players.

Tonight we didn't deserve shit, but I believe on paper with a full team we're better than Porto , AM and right up there with Liverpool-probably just behind.

We're on the right track and I hope we can pick up 6 points at home and see what happens.
Only saw part of first half. From the comments it sounds like we didn't deserve it. I wanna say that I m totally behind our players and coach. I hope we extend pioli contract.

And I want to remind everyone our target this season is to qualify for next CL. Hopefully as league winners so we won't be in last pot.

For the first time after Kaka left (yes I wasn't very convinced with allegri and ibra schudetto winning squad. And we won that cos of ibra alone. Not because we were a good team) I can say I am proud of this Milan team. Forza Milan
AC MILAN
Those CL games are showing why certain of our players don't deserve 8,5M per year.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(10-20-2021, 02:19 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Those CL games are showing why certain of our players don't deserve 8,5M per year.

Post of the decade!
(10-20-2021, 02:19 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Those CL games are showing why certain of our players don't deserve 8,5M per year.

And I guess that's why they don't get them.
Bad performance. Porto was by far the better team on the night. Having said that, the better teams don't always win. And in football, goals and points is what counts. My point is, we got fuked by the referee AGAIN! So even though they were better, without that gift, game would be 0-0.

I don't disagree that we seem to be shocked at this level. Can't react fast enough, can't change fast enough. Our quality doesn't come through, even though we know it's there. In many cases, experience is talked about too much. In this case, I think the lack of it can't be stressed enough.

But again...out of depth or not, we have now been robbed out of points in 2 out of the 3 games played. The refereeing is bluntly bad and really, against Milan. How else do you explain that goal last night???? From every angle you could see the foul. Not given and not looked at by VAR. I don't understand. This is a scandal!
It's brych magic. What else to expect when he's referee? when he's not on the mission of intentionally making errors in order to help one team, than it is simply lottery will his incompetence cost your team or opponent.
(10-21-2021, 11:29 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: It's brych magic. What else to expect when he's referee? when he's not on the mission of intentionally making errors in order to help one team, than it is simply lottery will his incompetence cost your team or opponent.

Porto outplayed us, so in fairness they deserved the goal. I think where we can make excuses for the performance & loss is our missing starters, and the lack of quality that was on the field.

Ballo Toure should never start another game for Milan. In fact if they can get him out in January - please do so mgmt.
(10-22-2021, 12:58 AM)ACMmike Wrote: Porto outplayed us, so in fairness they deserved the goal. I think where we can make excuses for the performance & loss is our missing starters, and the lack of quality that was on the field.

Ballo Toure should never start another game for Milan. In fact if they can get him out in January - please do so mgmt.

They didn't deserved it. they were better, much better, but they should score (a regular one). Why they didn't? Cause they weren't able to do it. It is simple like that. This is football not rythmic dancing so that one who "looked better" always takes main prize.
If you're better team and you're not able to score - than screw it, you don't deserve to win.
And it certainly can't excuse mediocre referee who made yet one more crucial mistake which directly affected outcome of game.
As for Ballo I agree. Even worthless Kalulu puts better performances than him. I see that he's starter again (according to speculations).
So I don't know... maybe it's third son rising...