Porto - Milan October 19 2021 21:00CET
Before this CL campaign started I was expecting a rough ride, our players have 0 experience on this level, this is a learning year. You see that with a lot of teams who are in this tournament for the first time (in a long time). Add to that our injury crisis... + some terrible referee calls (Atletico game) and you get this, 0 points. I Don't think we'll make it to the second round, but I believe we can win vs Porto at Home and maybe vs Atletico if we have a full squad!
But have to get our injury crisis under control, missing 5 or 6 starting players is very bad, + their replacements aren't ready because they only just returned from injury and are in sh*t form
(10-19-2021, 10:16 PM)reza Wrote: Serie A winners = Pot 1

Okmilan Okmilan
Now let's use EL to play our bench players. I'm happy we got back into CL but the writing was on the wall when we got this group.

Please Milan let us focus on seria a title.
I am just hoping that our shit luck will turn around with injuries and officiating.

We were so confident that we were going to beat Porto, then we just lost so many players out of blue? Then, even for the referee who didn't really fuck us over today, he could have checked VAR and ruled that goal off (rightfully IMO). But of course, we wouldn't deserve a point still. Kalulu's penalty should have been called. Speaking of which, why would Kalulu play on the left? He looked completely uncomfortable.

I am so upset right now. Angry
aka xudong
(10-19-2021, 10:21 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: Now let's use EL to play our bench players. I'm happy we got back into CL but the writing was on the wall when we got this group.

Please Milan let us focus on seria a title.

CL or nothing at all. 

Yes, let's focus on Serie A title. But I am not giving up on a 1994 repeat. This year, Serie A is kind of weak and we have a realistic chance (unless injury and referees fuck us like last year). and in CL, anything could happen (yes, the probably is extremely low to be honest).
aka xudong
from sempremilan:

Bennacer (6.5 – MOTM): He was the only big positive for Milan this evening as he was everywhere during the game. Covered loads of ground and his performance deserved a better fate tonight. He should’ve had a free-kick before Porto’s winner.

IMO he was our worst player on the pitch, lost almost every duel and struggled the whole game.
(10-19-2021, 10:24 PM)ACM2021 Wrote: I am just hoping that our shit luck will turn around with injuries and officiating.

We were so confident that we were going to beat Porto, then we just lost so many players out of blue? Then, even for the referee who didn't really fuck us over today, he could have checked VAR and ruled that goal off (rightfully IMO). But of course, we wouldn't deserve a point still. Kalulu's penalty should have been called. Speaking of which, why would Kalulu play on the left? He looked completely uncomfortable.

I am so upset right now. Angry

Yeah that Kalulu PK was luck. Also, what the hell is up with Giroud passing that open header in the first? Leao hit him right in the head and he lays the ball off for Pepe!?

Look, we are under achieving in CL, for sure. However, these are really good lessons for the players. Learning to stay in a game (Porto), learning to finish a game (Athletico), learning to fight through the noise (Liverpool). These guys are super malleable and as long as we keep the core, next year will be better. 

To be very honest, with the replacements, Maldini failed our CL chances. Messias and Giroud can't stay fit. We didn't reinforce CAM beyond Diaz. This was not going to be a season we realistically wanted to make noise in CL without really sacrificing serie A and resting starters. No way we wanted to do that as we need the money for CL participation

Regarding coefficient, it will get better. We had a season of no participation weighing us down.
Yes. A terrible performance.
Yes. Tonight we looked out of our depth. Yes, the management has to stand responsible for Pioli not having choices on the right wing,
for the debacle that the signing of Messias is turning out to be or for failing to sign an attacking midfielder as an alternative to Diaz.
It's not Krunic's fault that he is played in that position.

But if some fans are ready to crucify this team, by all means, they can do it, they have every right to do so. I will not.
And if some fans are ready to crucify Pioli, I will not. Just remember where were we as a team when he came to San Siro. It's not THAT long ago.

When the draw for the Champions League stages took place, I wrote in this forum that realistically we should be looking for a third place spot that will take us to Europa League.
Some people told me that I was a pessimist, a defeatist, that AC Milan has a great history in Europe and some even that we can top this group.
Like we're not playing the fucking machine that is Liverpool (seriously, have you checked them? Their roster? Their standing in this season's Premiel League? They are pretty decent), CL dogs of war A. Madrid, and Porto who kicked out Juventus last season.

Then again, you have the injuries (for also someone has to answer, for this, it has become simply ridiculous), you have the ref that fucked us big time against Atleti in San Siro, and obviously I will not stand on Porto's goal tonight, a clear foul, because we simply deserved to lose.
But get this; AC Milan are undefeated in Seria A, second only to 100% Napoli, seven points ahead from 4th placed Roma.
Hit the ground again in Campionato, put a strong challenge for 1st place, secure a Champions League spot for next season, then sign some players, keep your finances in a viable state as you are already aiminig and working towards doing so, and I am cool with that,

Yes, I want AC Milan to win every game. Yes, I want us to be Champions of Europe again. Yes, I cried after Instanbul for two days and almost lost my job and I remember watching Van Basten and Sheva and Baggio and Baresi and Savisevic and Pippo and Pirlo play for us.
But like it or not, this team is in progress.
Except if somebody wants a chinese investor to buy Bonucci back again.
(10-19-2021, 10:28 PM)Beppe Wrote: from sempremilan:

Bennacer (6.5 – MOTM): He was the only big positive for Milan this evening as he was everywhere during the game. Covered loads of ground and his performance deserved a better fate tonight. He should’ve had a free-kick before Porto’s winner.

IMO he was our worst player on the pitch, lost almost every duel and struggled the whole game.

well there's your problem. 
They're all over the shop. The English guy on there is mostly on point but the others are a mess and don't seem to properly understand the game.
There have been many times where, looking at all their ratings, I end up wondering if they even watched the same game I watched.
(10-19-2021, 10:31 PM)Sputnik Wrote: Yes. A terrible performance.
Yes. Tonight we looked out of our depth. Yes, the management has to stand responsible for Pioli not having choices on the right wing,
for the debacle that the signing of Messias is turning out to be or for failing to sign an attacking midfielder as an alternative to Diaz.
It's not Krunic's fault that he is played in that position.
But if some fans are ready to crucify this team, by all means, they can do it, they have every right to do so. I will not.
And if some fans are ready to crucify Pioli, I will not. Just remember where were we as a team when he came to San Siro.
When the draw for the Champions League stages took place, I wrote in this forum that realistically we should be looking for a third place spot that will take us to Europa League.
Some people told me that I was a pessimist, a defeatist, that AC Milan has a great history in Europe and some even that we can top this group.
Like we're not playing the fucking machine that is Liverpool (seriously, have you checked them? Their roster? Their standing in this season's Premiel League? They are pretty decent), CL dogs of war A. Madrid, and Porto who kicked out Juventus last season.
Then again, you have the injuries (for also someone has to answer, for this, it has become simply ridiculous), you have the ref that fucked us big time against Atleti in San Siro, and obviously I will not stand on Porto's goal tonight, a clear foul, because we simply deserved to lose.
But get this; AC Milan are undefeated in Seria A, second only to 100% Napoli, seven points ahead from 4th placed Roma.
Hit the ground again in Campionato, secure a Champions League spot for next season, then sign some players, keep your finances in a viable state as you are already aiminig and wotking towards doing so, and I am cool with that,
Yes, I want AC Milan to win every game. Yes, I want us to be Champions of Europe again. Yes, I cried after Instanbul for two days and almost lost my job and I remember watching Van Basten and Sheva and Baggio and Baresi and Savisevic and Pippo and Pirlo play for us.
But like it or not, this team is in progress.
Except if somebody wants a chinese investor to buy Bonucci back again.

Okmilan Okmilan Okmilan Okmilan