Poll: What will be the result at the San Siro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AC Milan win
68.18%
15 68.18%
Barcelona win
18.18%
4 18.18%
Draw
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012)
I think how we played 2nd half vs Roma could work out as best we can hope. Simple, direct balls into spaces either side of the defence forces teams who like to press high and play at their own tempo into difficulty, as they have to act quickly to adjust. However, this means we must have a very structured approach to the match with the ability to change approach in an instance, as we can't always play direct quick because we'll concede way too much possession.
(03-26-2012, 04:14 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Then Milan should play more defenders, too bad Abate and Silva are injured. Or we could see a back four of Abate-Silva-Nesta-Antonini with Mexes, and Yepes as DMs, Zambro, Boateng and Urby In front of the DMs with Ibra upfront.
Honestly, Silva injured is a huge blow, as I am pretty sure Allegri has the idea of playing Mexes as DM with Silva and Nesta as CBs.

Tbh, the way that Thiago Silva has been defending lately I'd rather not see him play. He's obviously having a period with many mistakes.

And... we all know bonera's being picked over yepes.. sadly.
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but with Silva injured I really feel any chance we had is now down the drain. And it's for both games, not just one. Please be a bluff by Allegri to fool Pep (as someone joked on the chat against Roma; he made Seedorf warm up the whole time and them put on Aquilani Devilol)

Lets not forget though, that the "replacement" for Thiago Silva is not some random kid from the primavera. It is none other than Alessandro Magno Nesta. There is still hope.

A heavy blow to lose the Vanbommination for the home leg. But if Ambro can show he can rise to the occasion, which we know he can, we wont miss the dutchman.

As for who to field around Ambro I don't know, we need destroyers so obviously Nocerino. Then a question is if Allegri will go with a flat 4 or not. Boateng is a given but Urby's pace would be useful.

At the end of the day though, we all know that our players have to give the performance of their lives. Even if Thiago Silva played and wasn't impeccable (which to be honest he hasn't been lately) it's not like we would pass the turn. Likewise an average Abate would be useless. Be it him or Bonera, they have to be extraordinary for us to have a fighting chance. Sure, it's more likely Abate will be awesome than Bonera, but still.

A final note; I really hope we get Pato back for the return leg (or this one if humanly possible). We've all seen what he can do to the blaugrana defense.
In a way, it was good to play against Roma before Barca, bc Roma plays exactly like Barca with lesser players. Havinng said that, I think Allegri must play with 2DMs, bc as of now, the only way to contain or slow down Barca is to play with 2DMs. Urby or Robinho, whoever is playing on the LEft side must start pressing Alves right away. At the end, I think Ibra must play like he is a man with revenge in mind.

The key to this game will probably be how long can Boateng continue to press Xavi, Sergio and Piqué.
I think Silva has shouldered a lot of responsibility recently, so he couldn't always be calm.

Luckily, Mexes is in good form and Nesta is back.
Silva injury is a blow. But considering Milan will most likely be playing just outside of their box the whole match, it might not be as huge as we all think. Silva greatest advantage is his speed and reaction time, but since Milan is playing just outside their box instead of pushing the line up, having positional defenders like Mexes and Nesta will not be that much of a difference. Since if Messi passes them, he will probably be just a step away from shooting at goal instead of 10m outside of the box with room for defenders to recover.
I'm trying to be positive , how about

------------Abbiatti------------

Nini----Mexes---Nesta----Zambro

Urby---Aquilani--Noce-----Mesbah

------------Prince----------------

-----------Ibra-------------------

It eliminates the need of Ambro or Seedorf , Aquilani and Noce can defend and run , Urby Mesbah can get forward well and also defend and help out Nini and Zambro....Zambro hasn't played but is fit so legs wont be tired , and Nini is far far superior at RB than Bonera....SES and Binho to maybe make a difference off the bench.
(03-26-2012, 04:43 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Silva injury is a blow. But considering Milan will most likely be playing just outside of their box the whole match, it might not be as huge as we all think. Silva greatest advantage is his speed and reaction time, but since Milan is playing just outside their box instead of pushing the line up, having positional defenders like Mexes and Nesta will not be that much of a difference. Since if Messi passes them, he will probably be just a step away from shooting at goal instead of 10m outside of the box with room for defenders to recover.

That is actually an interesting point. This really depends on the strategy Allegri chooses to play. During the group stages when we played at Nou Camp we played negatively by just attempting to defend. We are likely going to have to employ this strategy with Silva's loss. With the return leg at San Siro we attacked more as we played a bit more spread out. This strategy would allow their speed to be utilized more readily yet at the same time allow KPB more room to run at their back line.

On the one I hope to not play negatively and attack their back line (their glaring weak point). On the other hand Silva's absence essentially prevents us from not playing a defensive/counter attacking style as positional sense is not enough to completely thwart Barca.
(03-26-2012, 05:34 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: I'm trying to be positive , how about

------------Abbiatti------------

Nini----Mexes---Nesta----Zambro

Urby---Aquilani--Noce-----Mesbah

------------Prince----------------

-----------Ibra-------------------
Not bad. Okmilan
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
I know neither Noce or Aquilani have what Bommel does but they can run chase tackle and be pests , no need to play superior in an attacking way.We must just be superior af defending and lock them out.Also Urby and Mesbah can cover and help Nini and Zambro Barca go wide a lot and then in to Messi , concentration and strength are key.