2021–22 Coppa Italia
(01-13-2022, 10:52 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: We suck. I think we really need to rethink a formation. A lot of you on this site have played football and might still play for fun on a regular basis unlike me but this slow , staggering and back passing bs annoys me.

Do we play a 352 , 442 etc I don't know I ask for you guys to chime in. All I know is we look like the farthest thing from a second place team playing the worst team at home.

Please someone help me understand . Tell me I'm not crazy for feeling this way

Xu answer this question my murican pengyou
(01-14-2022, 06:41 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: Xu answer this question my murican pengyou

What question, buddy/amigo/pengyou/whatever?  Icon_lol2 

I couldn't watch the match despite having it on (damn those one-to-one meeting which demands your 98% or more attention for a person that is terrible with multi-tasking. I can't even read well when pooping! Icon_lol2)

I don't know about the formation. I don't think that's your real question anyway. All I know was that I wanted Pioli to play some second-tier players (plus Tonali, sure, because he will not play in the weekend), but no, this damn old fart (I still love him Icon_lol2 ) had to take this stupid and meaningless game seriously and play almost the full lineup. Fine, then you kill the game quickly, don't injury any of your star players. Fuck our luck, Tomori went down. I could swear that I saw that coming (Thiago Silva overused by Allegri all over again). Fine, Gabbia got to play; we should still just put the game away easily then. But no, we had to struggle to level the game. The equalization part made me mad. I was like, WHY? just let it go. (seriously) Icon_lol2  Okay, now that we leveled the game, we had 20 minutes to avoid ET. You would think we could do it, but no, we had to put on another 30 minutes. It is all going to come back to haunt us. So mad, without even watching the game, despite that I did have the game on a screen and knew all the major events.

In case that you didn't notice, I have a new username now. Onward and forward. Icon_lol2 Icon_lol2
aka xudong
(01-14-2022, 11:46 PM)ACM2022 Wrote: What question, buddy/amigo/pengyou/whatever?  Icon_lol2 

I couldn't watch the match despite having it on (damn those one-to-one meeting which demands your 98% or more attention for a person that is terrible with multi-tasking. I can't even read well when pooping! Icon_lol2)

I don't know about the formation. I don't think that's your real question anyway. All I know was that I wanted Pioli to play some second-tier players (plus Tonali, sure, because he will not play in the weekend), but no, this damn old fart (I still love him Icon_lol2 ) had to take this stupid and meaningless game seriously and play almost the full lineup. Fine, then you kill the game quickly, don't injury any of your star players. Fuck our luck, Tomori went down. I could swear that I saw that coming (Thiago Silva overused by Allegri all over again). Fine, Gabbia got to play; we should still just put the game away easily then. But no, we had to struggle to level the game. The equalization part made me mad. I was like, WHY? just let it go. (seriously) Icon_lol2  Okay, now that we leveled the game, we had 20 minutes to avoid ET. You would think we could do it, but no, we had to put on another 30 minutes. It is all going to come back to haunt us. So mad, without even watching the game, despite that I did have the game on a screen and knew all the major events.

In case that you didn't notice, I have a new username now. Onward and forward. Icon_lol2 Icon_lol2
This is the reason I bring up the formation thing. With the players will have is it something that would make us play more fluid and fast paced? 

Kalulu-gabbia-Calabria

Leao-krunic-Tonali-bennacer-theo

Rebic
                       Ibra/giroud

What do you think for the time being?
so who is our back up defender if we use 3 at the back? baka? krunic?
Come on BROccoli

You know what I was trying to show. These ate ideas to talk about Lettuce discus these things . I know they are not real tea but that's the whole purpose of a forum is to bee in discoshin.

Your friend
OC
i know that, but still,its not a bad idea, but who will be the backup defender if we use 3 at the back right now ? we got no back up even using 2 right now, kalulu even forced to be played at the middle, and i love that he excell in that position.
(01-15-2022, 12:57 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: This is the reason I bring up the formation thing. With the players will have is it something that would make us play more fluid and fast paced? 

Kalulu-gabbia-Calabria

Leao-krunic-Tonali-bennacer-theo

Rebic
                       Ibra/giroud

What do you think for the time being?

I have never played any serious football either, so I don't know any expertise to make a right call. I did play when I was in college, but I was never good with any infield position. Though I was a pretty good goalkeeper, but I was just decent at shot-stopping and nothing beyond that, such as ball distribution or organizing the defense, or long ball.. nothing Big Grin (yes, just like that dumb former goalkeeper $$$ Big Grin)

I see that you are trying to put in all the remaining decent players and try to find a formation to accommodate them. Not that it is a bad idea, but let's trust Pioli for that. He may not be the best tactician, but certainly he is better than you or me. He knows his players and knows their strength and weakness, and all we know is from the TV/internet. He also gets paid millions of dollars to do that, so why do we need to worry. Big Grin In general, changing formation is a dangerous idea, and is very demanding on individual (star) players' versatility and adaptability. I don't think we have too many players that are up to that. Personally, I would stick to Calabria--Kalulu--Gabbia--Theo as the back 4. (Have I mentioned that I am super excited with Kalulu--Gabbia combo? Okmilan Okmilan )

EDIT: Totally forgot that Romagnoli should be back soon. I am sure that Pioli can find a way to make all that work. Grinundwech
aka xudong
Now that was a good answer. And I hope pioli can make things right.
Lazio beat Udinese 1-0 in extra time, Lazio next Coppa opponent.
Likely 9th February but date is not official.
How I wish that we lost to Genoa but beat Spezia. Sad
aka xudong