Week 21: Venezia - Milan January 9 2022 12:30
An early afternoon game, meaning very early in North America.

Don't expect much changes in player availability as the game is 3 day after week 20. Unsurprisingly Venezia's squad is missing far fewer players than Milan, no Caldara though.

Ole
They said 96% of Serie A players is vaccinated with 2 doses, 70% 2+booster. (EPL, for example, have only 68% 2 dosed). It seems that this omicron thing indeed doesn't care about that.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(01-07-2022, 07:16 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: They said 96% of Serie A players is vaccinated with 2 doses, 70% 2+booster. (EPL, for example, have only 68% 2 dosed). It seems that this omicron thing indeed doesn't care about that.

None of the strands have cared about it. Delta, Omicron, xyz bullshit, you name it. Vaccinated people can still get the virus, and they do. A lot. They just don't end up in the hospital 99% of the time. The players that have Covid now are likely all ok. But obviously not allowed around others. 

The show (life) must go on. May not be a popular opinion (here or anywhere), but this is the truth and it has to be. 
It was different 2 years ago. But now, there are vaccines, there are masks, treatments even...most importantly, there is knowledge. We can not, and should not, stop every day aspects of life (including football). What's happening hints more and more towards a political and highly money (huge money) motivated actions. 

I can't understand why they are even talking about shutting down stadiums again? Because "it worked the first time", right? Because "everything we did the first time worked and Covid is no longer around", right?  Icon_lol2

The only thing that's made this virus "normal" is the vaccine. It's why the hospitals are not overflowed. It's why life has been able to go on somewhat normally. It wasn't shut downs or anything else. Those were necessary at the time because there wasn't any kind of a vaccine/treatment/knowledge available. But now? Nk way! So, the vaccine is available to all in Europe. Wanna take it, take it. Don't wanna take it, don't. To each their own. Not a problem. But life has to go on. Seems like the vaccinated will have a bit of an "easier" time, while ones that are not may have a harder time if they contract the virus. It's what the data shows us as of now. It is what it is. But let us enjoy some football FFS and let's stop all this nonsense! Big Grin
The new variant may be less hospitalization but the sheer number of people getting it means hospital number will/are not much lower, if lower at all.
(3% of 10000 > 20% of 1000 kind of thing)
I don't know what the 'full' solution is and am not saying one way or another about games, I have a science degree (not biology or medicine though Tongue) and always believe in science but vaccines are only part of the solution, unfortunately.
There is no 100% solution Reza. The flu never went away. Other viruses don't really "go away". Neither will this. It's just a normal part of evolution i guess.

About the numbers, i haven't seen that. All reports I have seen point to the fact that ICU units are nowhere near as full as they were a year ago. Furthermore, a big % of those in ICU units are unvaccinated people. Source?...don't need one. My wife works in a hospital! Big Grin
(01-07-2022, 08:38 PM)nefremo Wrote: None of the strands have cared about it. Delta, Omicron, xyz bullshit, you name it. Vaccinated people can still get the virus, and they do. A lot. They just don't end up in the hospital 99% of the time. The players that have Covid now are likely all ok. But obviously not allowed around others. 

Yes, but percentage is much higher. Even with delta we had only sporadic cases amongst vaccinated people, now it is much more.  This one definitely care less that the others.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
When it infects so many people there is bound to be problems, even if generally milder the number of people who fall outside of the 'generally milder' can get high

Where I live here in Canada:

I don't know what to say. I am happy I never studied biology or medicine cause I would never want to be a doctor/nurse/etc dealing with life and disease. Even if I was smart enough for it I would still choose another profession Big Grin
(01-07-2022, 07:05 PM)reza Wrote: An early afternoon game, meaning very early in North America.

Don't expect much changes in player availability as the game is 3 day after week 20. Unsurprisingly Venezia's squad is missing far fewer players than Milan, no Caldara though.

Ole
Facepalm

We nearly always do shit in these early games. Hopefully this changes and we take the 3 points.
(01-07-2022, 11:42 PM)reza Wrote: When it infects so many people there is bound to be problems, even if generally milder the number of people who fall outside of the 'generally milder' can get high

Where I live here in Canada:

I don't know what to say. I am happy I never studied biology or medicine cause I would never want to be a doctor/nurse/etc dealing with life and disease. Even if I was smart enough for it I would still choose another profession Big Grin

You don't know what missed...
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(01-08-2022, 04:28 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: You don't know what missed...

Huge respect for anyone who takes on a medical profession.