Summer Mercato 2022
(06-20-2022, 08:45 PM)Bennacer Wrote: You cant believe a shit this days. I have never seen so many "ironical" rumours ever: 11 in the morning: "Sanches edges closer. Medical next week". 16 o clock: "PSG with a 30 mill bid on Sanches, Milan is missing out". This kind of news...crap crap journalism..

But OK if its 50 mill we have in total, i would go for:

- Dybala. I doubt Inter can afford him if they get Lukaku. Salary of 6 million is pretty acceptable when you dont pay a penny for him. Of course i would rather have De Ketelaere but with this budget, no way we can splash almost everything on one player.

- Denayer. Bosman player. 25 years, played a good amount of international games for Belgium, solid for Lyon. That will leave our defence with Tomori- Kalulu- Kjær- Denayer- Gabbia. Pretty OK.

- Nicolas Pepe. Loan with option to buy for feks 25 million. Arsenal will probably go for Rapinha, and Pepe will be 3 choice. I think we could strike a good deal for a player with enormous potensial. Still young, fast, direct. Remember his stats from Lille when he played with Leao. He was a monster.

- Sanches/Enzo Fernandez. 25 mill. The rumours with PSG are now way 100% verified, so i think if we raise our bid to 25 we will snatch him. If not Fernandez looks really interesting. More of a gamble but still.

- Parisi or a another talented but cheap left back to cover for Theo: 5-10 million.

With this team, we will stille have money left actually. I just took a check on all the Bosmans now in 2022. Its just insane what you can get... But the problem is the salary cap. Of course i rather would have had Dembele for free, but i think he will request 15-20 mill each year(17 mill now). No way!

This gives us: Maignan- Calabria- Kalulu- Tomori- Theo- Tonali- Sanches- Pepe- Dybala- Leao- Origi.  Bench: Tata, Bennacer, Kjær, Denayer, Giroud, Messias, Rebic, Saelemaekers, etc. Notr bad. I would had a world class CF to be honest, so if its a possibility for Gabriel Jesus in the budget, go for itSmile.

50m on top of another 20m from sales (Hauge, Duarte, Caldara, Castellijo) so that will give us 70m to work with. We can get Botman and Sanches for 50m. Spend 20m to swap CDK with Saelemackers. That will be good enough for me.
Those "journalists" are worse than a broken clock. At least a broken clock is right twice a day.
aka xudong
David Neres confirmed by Benfica for just 15 mill. Thats a bargain for a big talent like him. He can play in all the roles in attack. Did we miss something here?
(06-21-2022, 07:53 AM)Bennacer Wrote: David Neres confirmed by Benfica for just 15 mill. Thats a bargain for a big talent like him. He can play in all the roles in attack. Did we miss something here?

I don't think he has progressed at all. 2-3 year's ago he was a big talent. 

Going from Ajax-Shakhter-Benfica is all similar or same levels really , I am not sure if he has been injured but Neres really seems to of stagnated.
(06-21-2022, 07:53 AM)Bennacer Wrote: David Neres confirmed by Benfica for just 15 mill. Thats a bargain for a big talent like him. He can play in all the roles in attack. Did we miss something here?

He was bought by Shakhtar D. for 12m 6 months ago and now Benfica for 15m. He is already 25 and that is what he is worth now. We miss nothing here.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Botman seems to be moving further away from Milan and not just because of the competition from Newcastle United. Within the Rossoneri there is a difference of views on the profile of the Dutchman between Gazidis and Maldini.

Gazidis believes it is not necessary to spend a figure close to €30m in a department where Milan already has players like Fikayo Tomori, Pierre Kalulu and Simon Kjaer. Instead, Gazidis thinks it would be preferable to look for a younger and less expensive profile and invest resources in other roles.
(06-21-2022, 12:06 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: According to Corriere dello Sport, Botman seems to be moving further away from Milan and not just because of the competition from Newcastle United. Within the Rossoneri there is a difference of views on the profile of the Dutchman between Gazidis and Maldini.

Gazidis believes it is not necessary to spend a figure close to €30m in a department where Milan already has players like Fikayo Tomori, Pierre Kalulu and Simon Kjaer. Instead, Gazidis thinks it would be preferable to look for a younger and less expensive profile and invest resources in other roles.

this time i agree with gazidis, we could spend that money elsewhere on the team like RW or AM and we can focus on our youth for the CB
Agree with Gazidis yes. Use our limited budget elsewhere.
I agree too but this 'decision' must not be made in June. If it is indeed like that management must not even be in the mix for Botman and concentrating on other targets since months.
Gazidis should have no say in this or where the alloted money is spent. That should be up to the sporting side of management.