Summer Mercato 2022
Theo moving to PSG, and Marcelo to us Big Grin
Question. Is there a possiblity that Romagnoli stays and we dont sign a CB?
(06-19-2022, 04:50 PM)Codazzi Wrote: Question. Is there a possiblity that Romagnoli stays and we dont sign a CB?

Maybe. Who knows. This year's free agent market has been very weird. There are players out there who have not signed with their current clubs yet they haven't signed for anyone else either. Usually, these things are ironed out by the time the season ends. Look at Dybala for example. Yes, I know he is "in talks" with Inter....but what I'm saying is in years past he would have signed with Inter in March or April and not still negotiate in mid June. 

So back to Romagnoli...I personally only see him staying as a last option. It's as if he is the last option for us, and we are the last option for him. If come mid July we still haven't secured a CB and he hasn't secured a contract elsewhere, than maybe. But we'd be holding all the cards at that point. 

I would really like to know if we even offered him an extension. I know rumors said we did and even at like 3M net....but it's weird he would have rejected that seeing as Lazio has been the only other interest and they won't pay that. I wouldn't doubt if there was talk between Maldini and Romagnoli and it was mutually decided that we won't continue together. Especially after he lost his starting spot to Kalulu.

I've said in the past that I hope we don't sign him. He doesn't fit in our football. When he plays, he's a liability. The entire set up and tactics needs to be changed as he is physically incapable of playing the way Tomori and Kalulu do.
(06-19-2022, 05:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: Maybe. Who knows. This year's free agent market has been very weird. There are players out there who have not signed with their current clubs yet they haven't signed for anyone else either. Usually, these things are ironed out by the time the season ends. Look at Dybala for example. Yes, I know he is "in talks" with Inter....but what I'm saying is in years past he would have signed with Inter in March or April and not still negotiate in mid June. 

So back to Romagnoli...I personally only see him staying as a last option. It's as if he is the last option for us, and we are the last option for him. If come mid July we still haven't secured a CB and he hasn't secured a contract elsewhere, than maybe. But we'd be holding all the cards at that point. 

I would really like to know if we even offered him an extension. I know rumors said we did and even at like 3M net....but it's weird he would have rejected that seeing as Lazio has been the only other interest and they won't pay that. I wouldn't doubt if there was talk between Maldini and Romagnoli and it was mutually decided that we won't continue together. Especially after he lost his starting spot to Kalulu.

I've said in the past that I hope we don't sign him. He doesn't fit in our football. When he plays, he's a liability. The entire set up and tactics needs to be changed as he is physically incapable of playing the way Tomori and Kalulu do.
Thanks for the answer nef! And yes, I agree, lets say he is "different" than Kalulu and Tomori therefore it wouldn't be a big loss to let him go.
(06-19-2022, 03:31 PM)Inas Wrote: True. I agree. But seriously how big is Budget to be considered "too big" for a club that just won the Scudetto and qualified for the CL for two years running? My thinking is a Director at Milan asking to spend (hypothetically) 25m on a player, and maybe a total of 70m-80m for the whole mercato, is not being unreasonable.

If we can't spend 70-80 million then I don't know what to say. If so, at the very minimum we should concentrate at finding more Kalulu type players, starting yesterday!
I am still not convinced RedBird is causing problems but I am sitting here in Canada very far away from Casa Milan Big Grin

(06-19-2022, 04:13 PM)Artan Wrote: Theo moving to PSG, and Marcelo to us Big Grin

B&G own RedBird Grinundwech
Inter apparently close to signing Lukaku back and Dybala. Holy cow, Lukaku-Dybala-Lautaro would be a hell of a trio up front. Congrats to Lukaku, who went from the best CF prospect of his generation to a guy who literally can only play well for one team lol
Not one team, just one system. And Conte is not around anymore.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Forza Rino

@footballitalia
Valencia boss Gennaro Gattuso is looking to former club Milan with reports in Italy suggesting he is interested in signing Samu Castillejo and Tiemoue Bakayoko.
I think the free agent market seems messy because aside from PSG, Real and EPL everyone’s budget is still impacted by Covid. They are making up for losses and can’t afford giant guaranteed contracts.

If we lose Sanchez, I am not bothered. He is injury prone and I prefer someone more physical to make up for Kessie. In that case we need to keep Benna as he would certainly be more valuable as he is a Sanchez type in my mind. Someone that can stay healthy and allow Tonali-Benna-Adli more freedom in the offensive side of the pitch. I’m hoping this mercato is focused on a RW/CAM hybrid like CDK. That would give Adli more time to mature as well as Diaz. Adli for me is the future of the double pivot with Tonali.

I know this market seems slow, but we were never into over spending. To expect us to get a good deal early is unrealistic. The more likely explanation is that players like Botman and Sanchez reject transfers until the clubs give up rather than lose them on a free.
I would advice against late deals, when transfer windows closes it could be week 4 already (not sure cause schedule is not out yet of course)