Summer Mercato 2022
Milan defender Matteo Gabbia is attracting the interest of Sampdoria who could soon launch a bid. The formula that they have in mind is a loan with the option to buy.

Classic
(06-20-2022, 05:14 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: Poll question reza.

Would you want to be a starter for a mid tier team or bench warmer for a top 4 side?

Pay is the same.

The only way I'm riding the bench is, I'm 5 years from retirement and I'm getting paid well for my support role

Interesting question for sure. I guess the answer depends on the stage of my career at the time. If I was a youngster who still has upside, I would choose the mid tier team that gives me more playing time and bigger responsibility because that will help me grow as a player. But if I am on the back end of my career and don't have any upside left, then I would rather go to a big team because it lets me play in bigger and more important games.
According to Daniele Longo of Calciomercato.com, the proposed budget for the summer mercato from Gerry Cardinale and RedBird Capital – excluding the loan with options to buy and any possible sales – is €45-50m.

This is one of the reasons for the slowdown in recent weeks over the extensions of the directors’ contracts. They believe that with €45m they can not complete the squad in the way that they want, but the new owners want to raise cash from player sales.

An agreement will be found because Maldini wants to stay, but he is ‘not happy’ with the situation and the budget that he most likely has to work with.
Just why Sacroni? These sound like great words to alienate a relationship and end it.

https://football-italia.net/scaroni-on-p...lace-well/
Scaroni is a retard. Utterly useless apart from a big mouth.

Inexplicable how he became president.
Would be borderline shocking if the team is allowed to regress after winning a title. May be easy answer is 'RedBird sucks and transition to new owner is slow' but there must be something else going on too.
I remember reading the acquisition would be completed in September so no shocking news there, but don't we already have a brand new budget? You know, we got the Scudetto and all? Apparently not.

So if that's the case, how on earth did we manage to spend 70M last summer?
(06-20-2022, 06:06 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: According to Daniele Longo of Calciomercato.com, the proposed budget for the summer mercato from Gerry Cardinale and RedBird Capital – excluding the loan with options to buy and any possible sales – is €45-50m.

This is one of the reasons for the slowdown in recent weeks over the extensions of the directors’ contracts. They believe that with €45m they can not complete the squad in the way that they want, but the new owners want to raise cash from player sales.

An agreement will be found because Maldini wants to stay, but he is ‘not happy’ with the situation and the budget that he most likely has to work with.

If this is true, then I am very disappointed in the new owner and especially Cardinale himself, it seems he is just talking, not acting. In this case realistically we can buy 2 players besides Origi. And if I have to choose, I prefer Sanches and De Ketaleare to Botman!

We have Tomori, Kalulu, Kjaer and Gabbia for defense, which is more than enough but only Bennacer, Tonali, Pobega and Adli for midfield and Diaz, Krunic as an  attacking midfielders.

Leao, Rebic for left is awsome, Messias and Saelemakers for right is just fine, also the belgian can play there too. If we can sell Rebic or Saelemakers then Noa Lang is a logical move.

So Origi, De Ketaleare and Sanches will still be an upgrade and would improve our team. Of course, we would need another mercato next Summer to complete our team!

Better to have 2-3 great players than 5-6 good ones with potential right now!

Step by step!

The main problem is, that Inter and Juve will have been strengthened more and would leapfrog us!

And I hate Psg from the bottom of my heart, because they are the one ruining football, or their arabic owners with UEFA assistance!
I think Maldini said we spent a net of 70M since the time he's come into management.

Anyway, i wouldn't believe the 45-50 mil "budget" thing. First off, what does he even mean with "budget". To me, it doesn't and it never means "actual cash available". In technical terms, it would mean that we have have an additional room of 50M to add to our existing bottom line. That can equate to A LOT more than 50M in terms of actual cash/investment this summer. It's not all going to hit the bottom line as, remember, it's going to be amortized and cost is going to be spread out to future periods. That's the accountant in me speaking technicalities. An example.....buy Botman for for 30M on a 5 year contract of 6M gross. This fiscal year, that adds a 12M expense to our bottom line. See? Means we still have 38M left in the "50M budget". Notice, I never once said the word cash. We could pay Lille 30M im cash all at once or we could pay 1M over the next 30 years. Doesn't matter. That's the liability that'll hit our balance sheet. But not sure how it affects our "budget"...as budget is associated with the Income Statement/P&L statement 

Does this create a cash flow problem? Maybe. I don't know. I don't know Redbird's cash flow situation and liquidity OR regardless of it, their willingness to spend cash (whether pay large sums up front or take up the liability to pay in the future). But to be clear, when people in finance and accounting talk about "budgets"...although closely aligned with ability to spend...it very rarely (or ever) does it mean "available cash to spend". Maybe in Longo's household people refer to "budget" as "money available to spend" which would be common....but not in official business dealings. 

And if you wanted to find common ground between household budgets and a business budget....fine. It does mean "funds available to spend". But for a company, "spending" is what the books say you spent. Not how much "cash you spent". You project your revenue and your expenses. You get to the bottom line and know where you need to cut (or add) to get to the "desired" bottom line. There's your budget. "Cash" doesn't live on the income statement. It lives on the Balance Sheet. 

Now, what the hell is Longo? An accountant? An "insider"? An idiot? I don't know. All I mnow is we can hardly call any of these goons journalists these days. And I highly doubt any of them have "insider" information. I don't want to discount everything they post. After all, I get it, they have contacts and sometimes do get leaked info from clubs, players, agents, etc. 
At the end of the day, they at least provide some entertainment to us with the "news" they post. Big Grin
But my point is, don't be alarmed right away. As I mentioned....50M budget doesn't mean this is what we can soend this summer. Than again, I doubt even the "man with the inside scoop" Longo knows what this means. But at least he got some clicks.
50m budget would definitely be a disappointment especially since we are getting additional income from CL and Serie A this year. But, before we all lose our heads over it, it is also important to have some context. Is this 50m budget so low because of the ownership transition or is this just the level of investment Redbird is willing to do no matter what.

For an acquisition of this size, it is not unusual for their to be a fairly long hand off period. New ownership has to put people in the right places and make decisions on who from existing staff to keep around at all levels. That process does not happen overnight for sure. Since Redbird also is still gathering funds to complete the purchase, it is probably not unreasonable to think they might not want to spend a ton on transfers. If this is the problem, Maldini can close all the deals he wants, but structure them as loans with easily achievable conditions to become obligations to bypass the constraints.

If, on the other hand, this is the level of investment Redbird thinks the team should undertake, then we are royally screwed lol. It takes a lot more than that to compete in Europe these days, that's just a simple fact. If Cardinale thinks we can milk a cow without feeding it, well, let's hope he goes to default and we end up back in the hands of Elliott again