Summer Mercato 2022
50m ???? wow, what an owner, wtf. even b&g of new, would do better

probably leao or theo will be sold, and in that way will fund the summer mercato i guess.
You cant believe a shit this days. I have never seen so many "ironical" rumours ever: 11 in the morning: "Sanches edges closer. Medical next week". 16 o clock: "PSG with a 30 mill bid on Sanches, Milan is missing out". This kind of news...crap crap journalism..

But OK if its 50 mill we have in total, i would go for:

- Dybala. I doubt Inter can afford him if they get Lukaku. Salary of 6 million is pretty acceptable when you dont pay a penny for him. Of course i would rather have De Ketelaere but with this budget, no way we can splash almost everything on one player.

- Denayer. Bosman player. 25 years, played a good amount of international games for Belgium, solid for Lyon. That will leave our defence with Tomori- Kalulu- Kjær- Denayer- Gabbia. Pretty OK.

- Nicolas Pepe. Loan with option to buy for feks 25 million. Arsenal will probably go for Rapinha, and Pepe will be 3 choice. I think we could strike a good deal for a player with enormous potensial. Still young, fast, direct. Remember his stats from Lille when he played with Leao. He was a monster.

- Sanches/Enzo Fernandez. 25 mill. The rumours with PSG are now way 100% verified, so i think if we raise our bid to 25 we will snatch him. If not Fernandez looks really interesting. More of a gamble but still.

- Parisi or a another talented but cheap left back to cover for Theo: 5-10 million.

With this team, we will stille have money left actually. I just took a check on all the Bosmans now in 2022. Its just insane what you can get... But the problem is the salary cap. Of course i rather would have had Dembele for free, but i think he will request 15-20 mill each year(17 mill now). No way!

This gives us: Maignan- Calabria- Kalulu- Tomori- Theo- Tonali- Sanches- Pepe- Dybala- Leao- Origi. Bench: Tata, Bennacer, Kjær, Denayer, Giroud, Messias, Rebic, Saelemaekers, etc. Notr bad. I would had a world class CF to be honest, so if its a possibility for Gabriel Jesus in the budget, go for itSmile.
Milan are close to making a sale as Istanbul Basaksehir are set to buy Leo Duarte permanently after his 18 month loan.TMW reports that the negotiation for the loan to become permanent has been going on for days now, and the Turkish side have offered €2m. Milan are ready to accept this amount despite the one agreed at the beginning of the loan being higher.

Lol a pittance after blowing €10m when buying. Another crap Leonardo signing.
Leonardo is a turd and I really don't know why he is so highly regarded. Having said that, Serginho is the one that "brought us" Duarte. Big Grin
A new story saying Milan will try to high jack Inter's Dybala deal.

Who would you prefer Dybala or Zaniolo?
I prefer Dybala. Lets sabotage merda's move.
If our budget is that tight, Dybala should be a no brainer. Less risky too since we don't need to pay 50m for transfer fees
Dybala is 3x the player Zaniolo is.
But dybala likely hits salary cap issues AND he is frequently injured. I’d expect that to only worsen by playing in our system. He is not the type of player MMM usually go for.

If we can manage to keep this team as is, by just adding two solid pieces (RW, CAM) in addition to Origi should bump us up another level. Backups or starting level competition like Botman and Sanchez would be great, but not the most important.
(06-20-2022, 07:27 PM)nefremo Wrote: Now, what the hell is Longo? An accountant? An "insider"? An idiot? I don't know. All I mnow is we can hardly call any of these goons journalists these days. And I highly doubt any of them have "insider" information. I don't want to discount everything they post. After all, I get it, they have contacts and sometimes do get leaked info from clubs, players, agents, etc. 
At the end of the day, they at least provide some entertainment to us with the "news" they post. Big Grin
But my point is, don't be alarmed right away. As I mentioned....50M budget doesn't mean this is what we can soend this summer. Than again, I doubt even the "man with the inside scoop" Longo knows what this means. But at least he got some clicks.

The whole thing was well said but came here for this.... 

I'm convinced these guys almost exclusively post garbage and hope some of it is right. 
They MAY every now and then get some actual insider info but most of it is either what the club/agent/player wants them to know or just pure speculation

(06-21-2022, 03:07 AM)nefremo Wrote: Dybala is 3x the player Zaniolo is.

Not to mention he doesn't come with 2 ACL's and an attitude problem. 

(06-21-2022, 03:11 AM)honsano Wrote: But dybala likely hits salary cap issues AND he is frequently injured. I’d expect that to only worsen by playing in our system. He is not the type of player MMM usually go for.

If we can manage to keep this team as is, by just adding two solid pieces (RW, CAM) in addition to Origi should bump us up another level. Backups or starting level competition like Botman and Sanchez would be great, but not the most important.

I'd love other alternatives but signing Dybala means we solve one of our issues at low cost. 
I mean even at 6m a season(around 12m cost) we're still likely ahead vs signing someone with a fee and needing to pay them. 
realistically Dybala backed himself into a corner that only one of the Milan teams will likely be able to get him out of. Inter increasingly looking like their focus is Lukaku which potentially leaves us the space to sign Dybala from under them.
all this IF the rumours of the 50m is even true. 
for all we know, DK and Lang are heading over to Milan for a medical as we speak. Not to say that is what's happening but we already know that Maldini doesn't deal publicly and Milan have been relatively tight lipped this whole season so we shoudln't be so reactive to all the many rumours posted daily. 
although it is fun to speculate.