Summer Mercato 2022
[Image: 6734-7a0cfafdd1242cd49bb2b9383a1b54a8.jpg]
(06-29-2022, 06:21 AM)porcho Wrote: for sure. 
Given the option. I'd love Dybala and Ziyech and spend the cash on Scamacca. Then as others have suggested, leave CM and get a cheap CB. 
Even better if we can get CDK + Ziyech and Scamacca. and go cheap options elsewhere.

Back to Gazidis for a moment,  yes he has done well with sponsorship and putting cost effective measures into the club.
But, he also wanted to bring in Ragnick and get rid of Maldini. 
Only rumours( but why not mention it ?) say he vetoed Botman.

Onto your post I am not sure we have a chance at Scamacca but it would be very good.

-----Scamacca*----
Leao-Dybala-Ziyech

Otherwise Origi/Giroud could still be good. Even backups look solid on paper

--Origi/Giroud--
Rebic-Diaz/Adli-CDK/Messias

Diaz is really under pressure if those players come in. CDK, Ziyech, Adli and Dybala can all rotate through AM. I think even Pobega was used there by Juric in a few games.
Ok so if we miss out on a player here or there I don’t mind. Our scouting division and style of play let’s us fairly accurately identify a variety of reinforcements that will fit.

However, I draw the line at not renewing MM or Leao. At that point, I’m in panic mode.

You can’t say this is all media as it is real that Maldini has yet to renew, Leao/Benna have yet to renew and we are losing targets (Botman and likely Sanchez). Take overs can cause problems, but Eliot still have a large stake with the sale. WTH guys?
(06-30-2022, 12:51 AM)honsano Wrote: Ok so if we miss out on a player here or there I don’t mind. Our scouting division and style of play let’s us fairly accurately identify a variety of reinforcements that will fit.

However, I draw the line at not renewing MM or Leao. At that point, I’m in panic mode.

You can’t say this is all media as it is real that Maldini has yet to renew, Leao/Benna have yet to renew and we are losing targets (Botman and likely Sanchez). Take overs can cause problems, but Eliot still have a large stake with the sale. WTH guys?

we lose MM and we're screwed. Back to banter era for us.

if we lose Leao for a good figure then so be it. we'll find a replacement and move on. Same with Benna.
Not too fussed with losing Botman and Sanches because there are other CB's and CM's.
I'm not too bothered by Benna either. Especially if he was the one holding out for the new owners and more money. With that said, Leao turned this possible top 4 team into Scudetto winners. No way around that. It's like losing Maignan or Tomori at this point. No matter the money, it is tough to grow these guys into good players who can handle the weight of the shirt. Offensive players are even more difficult to grow. We have seen too many players fold under that pressure.

With the way the summer has gone, it is honestly hard to believe we won the scudetto. It feels like this team is aspiring for top four. The media does no favors by linking us with every player imaginable. I'm just frustrated with the lack of renewals to be honest.
Origi is almost official.

Next week will be Florenzi and Messias. Both have played better in the end of last season.
(06-30-2022, 01:12 AM)porcho Wrote: Not too fussed with losing Botman and Sanches because there are other CB's and CM's.

Yes, there are other CBs and CMs. But these were the first choices of our sporting directors and negotiations had been going on for at least six months. And now all of a sudden we're back to being linked with new players every day again. This should have been sorted out earlier so we could focus on other areas.

Well, tomorrow they might not be our sporting directors anymore...
https://sempremilan.com/cardinale-very-i...pportunity

Yet again. What a joke. This could not have been a fantastic meeting.
(06-30-2022, 07:41 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Yes, there are other CBs and CMs. But these were the first choices of our sporting directors and negotiations had been going on for at least six months. And now all of a sudden we're back to being linked with new players every day again. This should have been sorted out earlier so we could focus on other areas.

Well, tomorrow they might not be our sporting directors anymore...

According to Media... Maybe I'm mistaken but Maldini had said Botman is one profile we're looking at. And Sanches was a player of interest. that's it... the rest has been the media claiming whatever they feel like. We already know how MM work and it's silently... Not like Galliani. I'm inclined to not believe most of the media crap personally.
I mean I've lost count of how many times the claim has been made that Botman and Sanches have agreed terms and should be signed "soon". we've also had the same for about 10 other players. 

I hope this does not happen.  Scared

(06-30-2022, 08:32 AM)Bennacer Wrote: https://sempremilan.com/cardinale-very-i...pportunity

Yet again. What a joke. This could not have been a fantastic meeting.

This article is old. from June 11. 
This was what was mentioned about a meeting. 
I will also add that SempreMilan just re-hash info pushed by every other media outlet. They're a good place to go for if you want to hear most of the news out there but if you want what is truth then that's not the place to go looking for it.

“It was very important to me that I did that,” Cardinale said of his lunch with Maldini. “We ended up spending three and a half hours together… it was fantastic.”
According to Calciomercato.com, Gerry Cardinale’s lawyers (in accordance with Elliott) made their final offer during the night. Maldini is currently evaluating the offer and it has become clear that he hasn’t got everything he asked for.