Summer Mercato 2022
(07-04-2022, 12:55 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: Vitiello reports  Daniel Maldini will go on loan. Verona the favourites,  Cremonese are observing.

Don’t we run short of Italians on the team if we do this Huh

If this is reallly true, we may expect a Serie a level talent (Berrardi, Zaniolo, etc).
I think he'll just be replaced with another primavera kid that'll never play. Just to make up the numbers...which by the way, i'm fine with
(07-04-2022, 07:16 PM)ACMmike Wrote: I just think we should hurry up and sign Dybala. I do think he has a lot to offer this team and he's got some experience which is good.

"Hurry" and "sign" in the same sentence? I don't think so. For us it takes weeks and months.
Castillejo returned to preseason training today. Another year riding the bench and collecting easy money.

As did Bakayoko which makes no sense given the way he was frozen out.
(07-04-2022, 07:52 PM)honsano Wrote: Don’t we run short of Italians on the team if we do this Huh

If this is reallly true, we may expect a Serie a level talent (Berrardi, Zaniolo, etc).

Yes, I keep wondering about that Italian quota as well.
We reported to make and offer of €20M+ bonuses for De Ketelaere.

This probably isn't true, I know we have a tight budget but you can't offer 15M less than the club is requesting.

We need to sign CDK or Dybala relatively soon or we're stuck with Diaz and hope he and/or Adli own the AM.

This is also probably why clubs then low ball us for a player *Duarte).
20+bonuses lol. May be the bonuses are easy 15.

We can't be in denial in the market. I hope Moncada is very very busy now to find De Ketelaere types 1 or more years before they are at these stage of their career.
(07-04-2022, 11:11 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Castillejo returned to preseason training today. Another year riding the bench and collecting easy money.

As did Bakayoko which makes no sense given the way he was frozen out.

Samu still has a contract so why wouldn't he come back.
Same as Bakayoko. we've still got him for another season loan. we just need to work on finding him another home or we'll likely get stung with a loan cancel fee. not sure what was negotiated there but unlikely Chelsea want him back so they'll play hard ball.

(07-05-2022, 12:47 AM)reza Wrote: 20+bonuses lol. May be the bonuses are easy 15.

We can't be in denial in the market. I hope Moncada is very very busy now to find De Ketelaere types 1 or more years before they are at these stage of their career.

to be fair. 20m plus bonuses for CDK would have been fine a few years ago. there have been other players that were equally as hyped that went for less. 35m for a player playing in that league is a lot. if it wasn't for EPL clubs inflating the market, there's no way they'd even try get that figure. 

I'm still hoping we manage to land CDK. would be a great pickup for us but we'll see how that pans out
That's why I mentioned we can't be in denial, as long as EPL is inflating the market we must be realistic about EPL's effect on players like CDK. Would be nice if the player pushes for Milan but as we saw with Botman that alone is not enough.
Almost as bad as missing out on CDK is waiting until the last moment. What if we wait for CDK but he goes to EPL on August 31.

M&M, be realistic early on in window, please.
(07-05-2022, 01:46 AM)reza Wrote: That's why I mentioned we can't be in denial, as long as EPL is inflating the market we must be realistic about EPL's effect on players like CDK.  Would be nice if the player pushes for Milan but as we saw with Botman that alone is not enough.
Almost as bad as missing out on CDK is waiting until the last moment. What if we wait for CDK but he goes to EPL on August 31.

M&M, be realistic early on in window, please.

Yep. if we don't have a huge budget then we need to move qucik.
offer 20+ bonuses. get nowhere. offer what we can. if we hit out max and they're still not interested then move off to someone else. 

I'm fine with the screwing down costs approach provided we don't waste too much time on it