EURO 2012 - Italy - Choose the 23 man squad....
Let us discuss about the 23 Italy players who should go to Poland-Ukraine Euro 2012...

My squad....(*starting eleven)

Buffon*
De Sanctis
Viviano
Chiellini*
Ogbonna*
Astori
Bonucci
Abate
Criscito*
Santon
Balzaretti
Pirlo*
Nocerino*
Marchisio*
De Rossi*
Maggio*
Aquilani
Motta
Rossi*
Borini
Matri
Cassano*
Osvaldo
Pretty good topic.

WIll Rossi be ready by Euro?

(04-09-2012, 12:10 PM)k7r Wrote: Let us discuss about the 23 Italy players who should go to Poland-Ukraine Euro 2012...

My squad....(*starting eleven)

Buffon*
De Sanctis
Viviano
Chiellini*
Ogbonna*
Astori
Bonucci
Abate
Criscito*
Santon
Balzaretti
Pirlo*
Nocerino*
Marchisio*
De Rossi*
Maggio*
Aquilani
Motta
Rossi*
Borini
Matri
Cassano*
Osvaldo

Baragli should be there, even at the expense of Bonucci. He has been much better this season.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
I'm pretty certain Balotelli will be called..at least as an impact player off the bench. In a short tournament like Euros/World Cups, players like Balotelli can be quite useful to change the game. Hopefully he doesn't elbow anyone and get banned for 3 games..
Siamo a posto cosi.
(04-09-2012, 02:46 PM)Mystik Wrote: I'm pretty certain Balotelli will be called..at least as an impact player off the bench. In a short tournament like Euros/World Cups, players like Balotelli can be quite useful to change the game. Hopefully he doesn't elbow anyone and get banned for 3 games..

Prandelli has shown a strict approach concerning players' behaviors on and off the pitch, so if Balotelli keeps this show going I doubt that he'll make it Wink
^^ I know he has been tough..but at the end of the day who else will he choose? Italy isn't exactly bursting with attacking talent right now. I'm sure he'll have no choice but to pick Balo when the time comes. Whether he starts him will be another story.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(04-09-2012, 02:46 PM)Mystik Wrote: I'm pretty certain Balotelli will be called..at least as an impact player off the bench. In a short tournament like Euros/World Cups, players like Balotelli can be quite useful to change the game. Hopefully he doesn't elbow anyone and get banned for 3 games..
Balotelli's Italian nationality should be cancelled immediately , let alone him being part of Italian side at the Euros.

Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
The tackles and all the other stuff are a problem but perhaps bigger problem was Mancini needing to shout at him to come off quicker after the card (because Man City were behind)
Somehow this year (at this moment) I am not that interested in Italy. Though I am quite sure that when I have nothing to do in summer, I will support them again.
aka xudong
If I had to choose 23 players for the Italian NT ...

GK (3) : Buffon, Marchetti or Sirigu (not both), Abbiati
CD (4) : Chiellini, Barzagli, Rannochia, Bonucci
RB (2) : Maggio, Abate
LB (2) : Balzaretti, Antonini
DM/CM (6) : Pirlo, Marchisio, Nocerino, De Rossi, Borini, Aquilani (not thanks to what he has showed in Milan)
AM/SS/FW (6) : Rossi (if fit), Cassano (if fit), Balotelli, Matri, Giovinco, Destro*

* Just to get some fresh legs ... instead of Di Natale who scores 25+ goals a season with Udinese but is unable to play at the same level with Italy. Pazzini could be taken too as he would probably come with some revenge in mind and as a consequence, some extra-motivation.

My starting team :

-------------------- Buffon ------------------------
Maggio - Barzagli - Chiellini - Balzaretti
---------------------- Pirlo -------------------------
---- Marchisio - De Rossi - Nocerino ----
---------------- Rossi - Balotelli ----------------
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !